Reviews for Kung Food Fighting
Secret.Identities chapter 1 . 7/25
Pukebending. The ultimate taboo to foodbending as bloodbending is to waterbending.
Hahahahaha.
Knew Aang would just HAVE to go there sometime, be it in disguise. I bet he was utterly devastated to hear that this popular new completely vegetarian restaurant with a chef that does awesome unexplainable magic tricks to prepare the delicious non-meat food specifically forbids the Avatar to come in.
Show the devastation:
Aang cries to the heavens with big watery eyes, "WHY does the world hate me so? What have I ever done to deserve this?"
Toph remarks drily, "I heard that the owner and chef has a special love for cabbages. He's got them all lined up and decorating the place."
"..."
Sokka says slowly, "Cabbages?"
"Yeah, what could the owner of the /Lovely Cabbage/ ever have against the /Avatar/?"
"..."
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Aang cries, breaking the awkward silence, "Oh, of all the pushcarts I could have destroyed- please, I'll never hurt another cabbage again!" *Goes off to sob*
*Katara reaches out a hand and pull him into a hug* "Sweetie," she comforts, "It will be alright. You know, I'm sure the other chefs in the palace would be happy to make wonderful meals for you. And I could, too."
"I saved the world," Aang sniffs, "Is a good meat-less restaurant too much to ask for?"
The messenger, attendants, guards, and nobles just look at each other uncomfortably.
(Assuming Toph learned about Team Avatar's cabbage destructive tendencies sometime, of course. :D Maybe on the day they watched the Ember Island Players.)

And at the Lovely Cabbage, with King Kuei and Fire Lord Zuko:
On the outside, bystanders be like, this is such an honor!
On the inside, bystanders be like, our esteemed monarches together, one a 30-some sensitive (wimpy-ish), bear-loving, too nice man and the other a grumpy teenager who talks about his uncle too much. And who's that other weird guy?
And Aang tries to figure out how he's doing it:
Gasp! "I bet he's energybending!"

But dangit, you should have continued the story, not stopped there! I wanted to see cabbage merchant vs Aang! D:
The Wayfaring Strangers chapter 1 . 12/16/2015
This is absolutely delightful! Thank you for sharing it.
Redbookbluebook chapter 1 . 9/18/2015
This fic was so great. I loved getting some story for the cabbage merchant who I always found hilarious. The idea of foodbending (wood bending) was pretty sweet. Guessing your husband's name is Andrew? Clever. Plus the fact that he had a sign banning the Avatar was great, and of course Aang would sneak in disguised. Half of me thought he was going to recognize the cabbage merchant and blow his identity though.
The Lord Merlin chapter 1 . 8/26/2015
Awesome!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2015
I like the play on words. Andrew controls foodbending
91Silver chapter 1 . 6/25/2015
This is brilliant. Hilarius, but brilliant.
detectivejigsaw chapter 1 . 1/23/2015
YES! Justice for the Cabbage Merchant!

...By the way, is your husband by chance named Andrew? Just curious.
Juiji chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
This is a great story! You should add some more chapters to this!
k chapter 1 . 10/14/2014
Haha! Aang must carry the anti-green song then
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
funny. LOL
I.walk.in.air chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
What a read! spontaneous intriguing and completely enjoyable. I just finally read a story that wasn't rushed and was laughing away. I enjoyed every bit. Thank you for those humorous story
Digi-fanCatt chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
This is the BEST cabbage story I've ever read. No wonder it's at the top of most favorite cabbage merchant stories.
FaultLine09 chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Good show, good show!
Sokka aka Wang Fire chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Hahahah I've never looked at the cabbage merchant quite like that. That was hilarious!
Newtinmpls chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
I only know the last avatar from observing bits when my husband went scouring Blockbusters to rent the entire series - but I like this character, and I like the idea of "wood" bending.