Reviews for To Death and Glory
Eeveecat1248 chapter 24 . 1/15
What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. Or, in Halt's case, would scowl as much.
Rosycat chapter 70 . 12/20/2016
Okay. This deserves an essay of a review, so that's what I'll give it. Whew.

Okay let's start off- this is the best thing I've read in a long time. Probably better than the actual series. You should be a published author. Let me break why I loves this so much into chunks so I don't leave anything out.

The Personality Justice- Every single character in this was done perfectly. I usually hate OCs- these ones I loved. You have then rich quirks and back stories, I felt truly sad when Muriel and Razeen died- even Julius. And I can't fully describe why I liked him- another show of your talent. Their quirks were also amazing. Making the Aetus sick like that, Niccoló's story, Muriel's family- how Will at the end reminded her of her son. Wow. Just stunning. You really could relate. And our old characters were done perfectly! You managed to put everything in that made them who they were and expand it, along with the laughter and funniness.

The Fillers- This story moved slowly, but I didn't even notice. Everyone talking and laughing as they traveled, with the perfect additions of action to keep it going, was perfectly spiced up. I lived the riddle chapter, I loved their jokes, especially the running ones that wouldn't disappear. Wow. And you managed to show Halt's caring without losing his personality- something may fail at.

The Thought- Anyone could tell you put a lot of thought and effort into every move they made, because the characters did. You never questioned anything they did, the plot and twists made to it kept you wondering, and very move they made a was so well thought out! Every possibility was thought of, you did perfect justice to the intelligence of a Ranger.

The length- you paced this like a real book. Even longer than one of Flanagan's I think. 70 chapters of perfection and personality and hard work, and that last chapter was such a satisfying ending. I was worried it would be and would leave me wanting more. For something as good as this, it needed an ending worthy of it. You gave it. You wrapped everything up in a neat bow, while still main it known these events would never be forgotten, as it should be.

Honestly, even with this long thing I've written, I still feel like I'm leaving something out, not doing justice to this masterpiece. I think this is better than Flanagan's work. I've recommended this to several people- I hope they review. Wow. Time to see if you have any other works like this on your profile.

Well done. Let me know if you ever write an original work- an author like you comes rarely. You have truly added a jewel to the RA fandom. Following you.
Alex chapter 67 . 10/27/2016
"He may be an idiot but he's not stupid. "

Yes, Halt. Whatever you say, Halt.
Guest chapter 45 . 10/24/2016
Head ripping is so unoriginal, I prefer pressure points
Alex chapter 44 . 10/24/2016
My answer to the Rangers' unanswered riddle was 'lies', but Horace's answer does make more sense
Alex chapter 38 . 10/22/2016
"So we've been leading and following each other for the past three hours. Brilliant."
My sister and I often hane a similar exchange: "Where are we going?" "I don't know, I was following you" "Well I was following you!" However, it has never taken us even half an hour to get to this point, and it only takes that long because we both enjoy the game of letting someone else lead while walking beside them so it looks like you know where you're going.

"Another wants to see the Ranger's head stuck on a pike before the final rounds."
Wow, hope that one's not one of "The Aetius' closest and most valuable friends"… though considering the prelims I get the feeling he (or she) might be.

Finally, I'm glad Will doesn't trust Rodrigo, because if asked what level he plays the game at, he could certainly respond "One level higher than you". (If you don't get the reference, check out Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, the most reviewed Harry Potter fic on this site, you will find this and many other great quotes in it)
ghostthief980 chapter 70 . 10/22/2016
Story was great I took it slow and it was fun too read at a slower pace than I normally do, keep up the great writing
Alex chapter 29 . 10/22/2016
I'm your best friend, I'm your worst enemy, I'm Janus
Alex chapter 17 . 10/21/2016
Septimus: "you should have killed the boy"
Me: "if they killed him they would all be dead and you would have no ranger"
But they don't know that, amazing how one choice can change so many things, even if it seems small at the time
Vmprnighthawk chapter 70 . 9/11/2016
This is by far the best fanfiction I have ever read, way to go. This totally could have been one of John Flanagan's books. I think you did all of the characters very well, and you had a good plot. Way to go. Loved it. Are you going to write more? If so I would love to read them.
SilverMidnightFury chapter 70 . 8/25/2016
yes! *punches air* awesome! faul got just what he deserved... but giovani...him... not enough...
Shian1998 chapter 70 . 8/17/2016
Since my review to this story, I have recently created my own Fanfiction profile; Shian1998. I had reviewed this story on the eighteenth of July this year as the guest reviewer Shian. The reason for the alteration in the name is that another Fanfiction author already had the name Shian. Just letting you know that the reviewer was me. Once again, fantastic story! One of my favourite Fanfictions! Definitely my favourite Ranger's Apprentice Fanfiction! Great job!
Tillybananalover chapter 70 . 8/12/2016
*Sniff*

I just...

That was bootyful
OMG Pterodactyls chapter 70 . 7/26/2016
This was amazing! Totally loved it!
Guest chapter 70 . 7/26/2016
Ahhhhhh! I love I so much! Thank you!