Reviews for Cell Mates
Moon's Meow chapter 1 . 9/17
Excellent work! The progression of Knuckles' and Shadow's conversation feels fairly natural. The interactions also felt very in-character, from the bonding over making fun of Sonic to losing their patience but eventually making amends. The story may have benefited from more description so as to incorporate more images, but the ending is still extremely satisfying. I also find it incredibly commendable that Shadow shows doubts about his purpose in comparison to Knuckles. The wisdom that Knuckles shows on the topic of purpose is very believable and brings the story to a satisfying end. The story displays a great understanding of Knuckles' experience as a guardian and Shadow's underlying uncertainty in himself. I look forward to reading more of your writing.
Awdures chapter 1 . 7/9
A wet Saturday and I'm reading old stories, not sure how I missed this one originally but enjoyed it belatedly.
Child at Heart Forever chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
Awesome. Shadow and Knuckles have so much potential for a good companionship, and yet they seldom ever talk! Telling old stories about Sonic's mishaps in order to bond? That's gold! I personally enjoyed hearing about Sonic being stuck in that tree and getting caught in a time loop. :D

Plus, them fighting was totally natural, but as they both know they need to save their energy, they do.

This is a nice story that just takes a small scenario and runs with its potential, and it doesn't even matter how they ended up in there or how they get out- it's what occurred within that's important. :)

Good job! You're definitely a favorite author of mine for sure!
Speedy1236 chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
I could go back to the PM convo you mentioned this story in to see how long it took me to get around reading it, but the time can be spend more sensibly. It took long, I know that much. O_o

Anyway, review time!

The cell feels uncomfortable from the first sentence on. Good atmosphere builing there. The appearance of the semi-intelligent robot looking vaguely like its creator lightened the mood though, and after the first two words spoken by the two characters I was looking forward to seeing this ill-fated get-together of the two biggest straightmen in the whole Sonicverse unroll.

While their quick giving up is a little odd to come to terms with (after all, we got an Ultimate Lifeform here, capable of teleporting without the aid of a Chaos Emerald, must be some energy-proof cells Eggman has there), the interaction and dialogue that follows leaves nothing to be desired. I could hear the deadpan voices, and of course it's Sonic's screw-ups they bond over. XD

You were right, when you said I would like this. I do. Between dry humour that has me smirking at every second line, it's the sort of interaction I enjoy reading about. By the end of it, even if they fought at some point, they have learned a few things about each other as well as about themselves, and they have found maybe not a friend yet, but something like an equal to talk and relate to.

In short, good work, sorry it took me so long to read it.

- Speedy
EliTigre chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
I knew that ! Being togother alone, they HAD TO talk about Sonic and express their annoyance with him. :D
But being the two grumpy they're, there was no chance to them being calm too long ;P
And then they chat on purpose in life. You really made them act a good way togother, keeping them in character and comparing those two. Great work !
Beyond An Anomaly chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
This was very heart-warming, seeing Knuckles and Shadow have an actually friendly relationship. I like how you made a contrast with Knuckles and Shadow's lives.
For instance, how Knuckles knows he has a job he can't walk away from but can do whatever he needs to in order to protect the Master Emerald, meaning that he calmly has his whole life planned out for him.
While Shadow, on the other hand, is almost completely opposite. He was indeed meant to help people, but after everything that's ever happened to him, he has no idea what to do after that, since he still holds a grudge for humanity after what they've done to him. All he has to show that he wasn't meant for worldwide destruction was everything Gerald told him before and the promise he made to Maria to protect humanity before she died. By the way, thanks for at least giving Gerald a mention and making him sound like a good mentor towards Shadow instead of making him sound like some sort of abuser or something; there are too many mentions of him as a villain when I genuinely don't think he is, if he's mentioned at all. (In other words, I think he's unbelievably underrated. He created freaking SHADOW, after all!)
Also, it was hilarious to see Knuckles and Shadow give Sonic so much ridicule, telling story after funny story to show how much of an actual idiot Sonic is at times, even though he is a hero.
As for the technical side of the story, I couldn't find many mistakes. Only "ark" should be capitalized like "ARK" and "its" as in "it is" should have a contraction. Some missing periods here and there, but absolutely nothing major. It didn't take away from the awesome story.
Other than that, this was a really great Sonic one-shot that went from interesting to funny to soft in a matter of minutes of reading.
And I DO believe that this is the longest review I've ever written...
Nicely done!
-BAA
P.S.: My favorite line:
"Yep!" Knuckles exclaimed, "Or so he says. He'll still jump into rivers, lakes, reservoirs, even flooded ruins without even considering it. Can't swim mind you, he just jumps right in, sinks, then tries to run along the bottom."

Shadow looked at Knuckles in disbelief, "Now you're making that up."

"It's true. I've seen it myself. The idiot has no idea how to tread water, just treats it like any other sort of running surface, and darts between air pockets. It's a miracle he hasn't drowned."

I'd love to tell Shadow that Knuckles is wrong...but I've played Sonic games. Sadly, Sonic is that stupid...XD
Resident Evil Lionhart chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Oh? Is this the beginning of a close friendship?
bogey654 chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
This is excellent. I believe it could have been longer, but it is a very interesting story. It makes me curious to see how all the characters interact now.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
good
Qwisse chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
This story matches the stated genres so well. The humor had me snickering all the time while reading, the cuteness of the friendship part nearly made me melt. A scene like this can seamlessly fit into a bigger story, where it would be described by a lazy author with something tasteless like 'Shadow and Knuckles stayed in their cell for some time before...'

Still remains a pretty gems on its own.

- Qwisse.
mormar1 chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Amazing :) i love the story, it made me happy to read the sonic in the tree bit :)
The Empty Lord chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
You did an excellent job of keeping the characters in character.
DrakynWyrm chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Not bad...I really enjoyed it.
At first I thought it was a Knuckles x Shadow story until I saw it said friendship, not romance. Only issue is its so good I want more! Oh well. Loved it anyways.
Timilina The Wolf chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
AAHHH haaaa haaaa haaa *slaps knee* ha haaaa haaa! Omg I loled at "Stupid the hedgehog" XD XD Anyway enough of that it was a great story and not to mention great story line too... wait not great story, story awesome! and you awesome and story awesome (again) and you awesome (again) also keep up the great work!
Super-sonic Iblish chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
I like this very much! Not only are they completely in character, but also, this stuff all could very-well happen! I lol'ed so hard at the part when Sonic got his head stuck in a tree. You sir or ma'am are a genius! Please write more, I want them to somehow make it out without the help of "Stupid the Hedgehog," lol.