Reviews for Dempsey & Makepeace: Raspberry Ripple
aunt sal chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
ha ha ha just love the way you put the end in bold type. You know we all want to know how the curry went!
Great story if a little frustrating ( what might have been), his expectation was just too great.
haveunotthought chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
I would like to echo all Angela said in her review

I thought the whole thing going wrong was just perfect. I loved the end when she was so mad at him yet he ignored the lot and slung his arm round her shoulder.

I like the mischievous Harry with the suspendors. I loved her being so frustrated with Dempsey and I loved him being so outraged on her behalf.

I think It would fit so very well into series 2

The youths were so well described and the characters very in character.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Ok, being no Cockney nor English speaking native, felt a bit lost with the last lines. And anyway I can feel the sense out of them. So the whole story is great and characters are just true to originals !
angie86 chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Wow, they actually went to see 9 Weeks together ;-) Now this one-shot needs a follow up ... like immediately ;) !

“Not that there was a plan as such but he just wanted them to…he searched for the correct word or phrase…to have a nice time together. Yeah, a nice time.” Aww! Why couldn’t you let it happen ;-)

Throughout the whole movie-going-not-a-date scene you have been gradually building up a wonderful mood of increasing tension between them, paralleled with the onscreen action and Dempsey’s lively imagination :-)... only to interrupt this mood by an irritating ”bunch o' dirty-minded little punks” every once in a while :-( ..., which makes reading it feel like a rollercoaster ride ;-)... This obviously has a great effect on the reader -I so shared Dempsey’s annoyance and escalating frustration with the whole situation ... and grew to truly hate these kids’ guts towards the end of the story.

Was hoping it would actually be Harry who would run out of patience and give these losers a well deserved punch after she’d had to put up with all their smutty comments. Dempsey’s reaction was fully justified ...and inevitable... and for all good reasons :-)

Loved all those brief moments he was trying to focus his attention on her, to appreciate every little detail of her presence:
“Again, she took the can off him and he couldn't help himself, he had to watch her press her lips to the rim and drink.”
“Part of her forearm pressed against his, skin on skin.”
“Oh, those legs! Any other woman and he'd have had his hand on her knee by now.”
“He kind of liked that sentiment – he also liked her hand being on his leg.”
“His gaze drifted to her lap again. Yep, stockings and suspenders for sure.”

Fantastic writing and great atmosphere! Would be so nice to read how the curry was and how the evening ends ;-)
dinabar chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Wow, it's like being back in the Eighties, with the dodgy cinema food and an intermission. You have their voices spectacularly as always. Loved this one:
Dempsey grunted. "Boys that ain't never gonna make it to men, they don't quit their shit."
and the 'rapacious chewing' genius, and an incandescent Spikings. Great fun. Thanks.
d
abeed chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Can't believe they are going to watch 9 1/2 weeks #together... Yikes!

Love how he tells her how hot she's looking and she plays it down! So #them!

Care Bear kids! Lol

Just love how much he wants her & thinks about her & how she appears oblivious to it. #shesoaint :-)

"Something wrong, Dempsey?" she whispered, practically tasting his eyes upon her but refusing to look his way. :-)

You captured the annoyance of the Care Bear kids brilliantly and Dempsey's reaction to them was so him! They really did spoil the mood..! :-(

He shuffled in his seat, annoyed and tense.

Makepeace reached out to still him, her hand falling mid-way between his knee and his thigh.

"If my night is going to be ruined, I'd rather it wasn't by you, if you don't mind."

He kind of liked that sentiment – he also liked her hand being on his leg. :-)

Bloomin Care Bear kids had to go spoil everything! But they brought out his caring & protective side. :-) Think they'll have to rent the movie when it comes out on video & watch it together with no distractions... ! Really enjoyed! Brill writing! More please soon! X