Reviews for Cradle
Rachel chapter 15 . 8/17/2002
wow, this gets better and better. the spike/xander fight is amazing, so real. i love xander to death, but for the record i hope spike beats him senseless. he deserves this one.

the x/a talk was beyond excellent, and this from a die hard x/a shipper. you rock.
Darryl J chapter 15 . 8/17/2002
Good chapter. I like the conversation between Anya and Xander. SHe brought up a lot of good points that he really couldnt argue with. But, Xander is the king of irrational thought...As for the fight, gotta love the loopholes. I really want Xander to be beaten to a pulp but i really think they both will be when Buffy gets back...can't wait.
Ennixeve chapter 5 . 8/15/2002
How is it that I learn from simply reading your fic? :)

And argh! What is with this angst! Ship you said! Ship! Can’t cope with this!

Chapter six will have to wait till tomorrow I'm afraid! ;) Sleep is required, even for fic readers :)
Ennixeve chapter 4 . 8/15/2002
“What if he broke her?” no doubt about who wrote this :) I have some superglue round here somewhere if she needs it ;)

I thought you said this wasn’t gonna be angst ;) Is all very true though, and stunningly written as always. Am hooked.

On to chapter 5!
Ennixeve chapter 3 . 8/15/2002
““So…” he started, then realised he hadn’t decided how to end the sentence.” Love it! All very Minh ;)

Ok, how do you do it? Make the characters come to life I mean, so much so that you can hear them saying every line, and you don’t just do this with one character, oh no, but will every single one in the fic. Consistently. Every time.

Ooh and end on a good bit of angst. Impressive Your Majesty ;)
Ennixeve chapter 2 . 8/15/2002
Ooh nicely done :) Keeping identity ambiguous until the precise second you want the reader to go “oh!” in realisation. I like it!

“… As she reached into the bag, a memory struck of the last time Dawn had refused to eat any more DMP burgers. ‘It looks kinda squished…’ Remembering with horrible clarity exactly why it was ‘squished’ caused her to scrunch the bag shut again and push it to the far edge of the counter.” Love the little nods to actual episodes, it shows your knowledge, and grounds your fic in the ‘reality’ of the show.

“She just has these occasional freak-outs” don’t we all? ;) “…I’ll come home and find she’s cleaned every single room.” We’re talking about Willow now right? ;)

“She sipped the water gratefully, having been surviving on soft drinks all day at work.” *love* the detail! :)

“I guess… because I knew he wouldn’t tell everyone. He understood somehow. And he didn’t expect me to be happy, glad-to-be-alive Buffy, either.” Never a truer word was spoken

Chapter three here I come! ;)
Ennixeve chapter 1 . 8/15/2002
Uh oh *realises she has to come up with coherent comments on over 15 chapters* ok, here goes!

Nice beginning, picking up immediately from where S6 left us. And as always, setting the tone perfectly for the rest of the fic. Description spot on, and as for Spike, I can hear him saying every word! :)

On to chapter two!
spikeschippedhead1 chapter 10 . 8/15/2002
Dropping Spike in Buffy's bedroom, nice touch. Now he can't hide from her or anything. Got me hooked.
twisgd chapter 2 . 8/14/2002
I'm sorry to have to put a damper on, but your version of Giles belongs in season 1.

It's a caricature of stuttering, glasses cleaning (going on and *on* about the glasses cleaning) clueless English guy, not the calm and confident Giles we saw in 'Grave'

Plus the idea that Buffy would only go with a guy if she was "in love" with him? Remember Parker? Also I really *don't* see Giles as in any way encouraging B/S.

He of all people would know what a disaster it would be for Buffy.

Not buying, sorry.
Serra Nox chapter 14 . 8/14/2002
It's so addictive, are you sure you're not a writer for the show?:) Good job, and keep em' coming...It's really like a good book or even the TV show. The plot's really catching folks, and it's got a good story line so far. Go S/B!
shimemoretoodamnlazytosignin.com chapter 14 . 8/13/2002
this is awesome. i had been really turned off by the fics as of late, but this one makes me appreciate is again. i just read all four chapters and it was some of the best i have read that hasn't been dark fic or hasn't been 100 Years of Solitude. rock on, and update the speed of light... i'm begging you.
spikeschippedhead1 chapter 1 . 8/13/2002
I see you have as much confidence in your writing as I do mine. Great start though, you left Spike with the chip though? Didn't think the soul was enough? Poor Spikey. Email me off line and we can trade some feedback, or just trash one another's stories. Don't be so hard on yourself though, I know my first attempt at fan fic didn't go so well either. Keep on truckin'!
Darryl J chapter 14 . 8/12/2002
Your plot is really starting to shape up. I like the appearance of Tara-she has always been the guide in visions for Buffy, so why not Willow? I like the hesitation in SPike, waiting for Buffy to make the move. Of course, i really dont know if she gets what she's feeling yet and he's not talking too much...well i look forward to some Xander bashing my next review if things go the way i think they may. I hope to see more of Dawn and Spike interaction too.
Jason L. Barnett chapter 14 . 8/12/2002
Slight problem. I haven't read all this so I admit I might've missed it but Buffy commited suicide, to preserve an altered reality and her actions left the world unprotected. She risked the lives of six billion people for a girl who was the figment of a bunch of monks imaginations. Plus if all afterlives follow the same rules and a being like Osiris exists then there should be no hell at all. The Egyptian afterlife had no hell, anyone not good enough for heaven's soul was simply devoured. Hope I don't sound to harsh, just pointing out a flaw in the premise.
Darryl J chapter 13 . 8/12/2002
Loved the idea of the Baddie-very unique. I like that you delved into the problems that Willow is having. YOu are doing a good job of encompassing all the characters and not just Spike and buffy. Well done.
232 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »