Reviews for Give Me Your Country and I Will Defend It
Miniver chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
What a wonderful view of Peter. So many writers get him wrong, in my opinion. They misunderstand the concept of decisive leadership and instead depict him as arrogant and bossy. (I think it's the bad influence of that misguided characterization in the Prince Caspian movie.) By contrast, your portrait of him shows his sense of duty and his protectiveness toward his siblings and his wider family, the Narnians. I love your idea that Peter gains hope when he acquires the power to change situations for the better. This is a man who will carry himself like a king whether he is in Narnia or in England.
MCH chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
I love this the start in England as Peter is worrying about the war with Germany. He can sense what is not being said.

Like how you move to Narnia and show the changes to them all. Then war comes again to Narnia and Peter and his siblings prepare.

A worthy inclusion to The Band of Virtuous Men and Valorous Women community.
WillowDryad chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Very nice, though I can never see Peter and Edmund with beards. On those beautiful faces? Nooooo!

But well done. :D
Rose and Psyche chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
I love your descriptions, like the mailed fist tight against the handle of the sword, and the various glimpses of the others. Writing it in the present tense makes the story very direct and meaningful, we see a simple warrior, courageous and uncomplicated, single-mindedly devoted to his country and his family. I think this is exactly what Peter was like.

I’ve added it to our community, hope you don’t mind. ;)

Psyche