Reviews for Set Fire to the Rain 2
NevadaRose chapter 27 . 8/24/2014
Thank you for a great story, Lilyjack! The forenotes were wryly entertainIng, and the writing excellent. I did think, at least briefly, that Matt and Kitty were going to leave the whole show behind and stay on that ranch. Sigh.
Guest chapter 27 . 10/19/2012
You are a marvelous writer. I really enjoyed this.
SingerMe chapter 27 . 10/5/2012
"You've made me new again, Matt Dillon. I'm never looking back." One of the best lines I've seen in fan fiction. And oh, by the way, thank you for that little line about Chester. I personally thought Matt had should have shot him outright several times when he interrupted Matt and Kitty's personal time.
SingerMe chapter 26 . 10/5/2012
Wasn't too often Chester was Kitty's hero.
SingerMe chapter 25 . 10/5/2012
Not only was McCray a rat B**** but so was the attorney. What's the world coming to when you can't trust a lawyer.
tengland2 chapter 27 . 10/5/2012
Just because Ware wants to buy the ranch and K can visit anytime she wants doesn't mean she's changed her feelings. Should have put Matt on the couch instead of Chester, would have made life so much easier.
This was nicely done. Sorry to see it end. Hope to read more from you soon.
tengland2 chapter 26 . 10/5/2012
Certainly got Chester all excited about someone trying to hurt K. Having those papers show up certainly explains alot of why Hepley was trying to get rid of K. Chester can be rather funny at times.
tengland2 chapter 25 . 10/5/2012
Knew Matt was up to something by telling Hepley he was leaving, especially with McCray in the room and totally ignoring his presence. Figured McCray would fall for the fact he was leaving and Hepley seemed more than willing to check on K.
Glad they both have been caught.
lostcowgirl chapter 27 . 10/5/2012
Thank you lj. There were a few surprises along the way, but it all ended as it should. I never expected Hepley to be the villain, but thanks to Chester we know the motive. I did think the arsenic was in the coffee and that some of it might have gotten into Kitty's cup, which is why the rest had to spill out on the table. I also knew Matt had some sort of plan when he said he had to get back to Dodge.

I've got a question for you. I'm in the midst of writing a little tale that takes place after Season 7's The Dealer. The starting point is Kitty telling Matt at the end of that episode that they're going on a picnic and the story is based on the lyrics of the Lovin' Spoonful's Rain on the Roof. My question is, how smutty should I make it? I already know I can't do it as well as you.

Just read Singerme's first chapter of her latest. Glad you provided encouragement for her little ghost tale.

ladybrit chapter 27 . 10/5/2012
I just found time to read this wonderful story from beginning to end. I had read parts before, but now it is complete I enjoyed it much more. Such a mixture of emotions, excitement and adventure. Great work Lilyjack.
anotherredhead chapter 27 . 10/5/2012
Nice twist and the ending was beautiful. This was a great story Lilyjack.
tengland2 chapter 24 . 10/5/2012
Hope whoever buys the place keeps Isom on or he goes back to Dodge with K. Ware buying it would be nice, going to someone the group from Dodge knows.
As for Mccray, that little SOB with the spilling of the coffee, trying to get rid of the evidence perhaps. Love the suspence, but not for to long, please.
lostcowgirl chapter 24 . 10/4/2012
How in the world did McCray poison her? Just what is it he wants, other than the obvious?
SingerMe chapter 24 . 10/4/2012
Good, Lord! It ain't bad enough she had pnuemonia, but now she's been poisoned too. LOL I actually do love this story and I do want to thank you for posting this so quickly. I think you may have out done yourself on this one.
tengland2 chapter 23 . 10/4/2012
Surprised that McCray would even be invited into the house, but then again, he is helping th lawyer. Quite sure between Matt and Virgil, he will be kept away from K. Just wondering what the railroad, poems and the sheriff. Looking forward to more.