Reviews for Weaken the Lock
jaqmaq77 chapter 73 . 10/29/2018
Found this story and was fascinated - brilliant and well written. spent two days reading it absolutely engrossed then... total disappointment of the ending and how bad it was compared to the rest of the story... no rhyme or reason for the Rani to pop up and kill Tonks ... I thought 'Oh hell no - what next, Duncan McLeod runs in and chops off a few heads then Flash Gordon kills Duncan and Buffy kills Drac and Ming the merciless kills everyone..." Totally enjoyed 60 chapters then it was like - Ha Ha Ha Gotcha! You were expecting a good ending and I'm going to leave more questions than answers! Go to the library and rip out the last pages of the books - I'm sure that would annoy less people...
Nothing is What it Seems chapter 73 . 5/17/2018
What an amazing story! Stories? Novel length, season of adventures?
Truly a wonderful piece of work. You crafted an exquisite tale worthy of our favorite Doctor that certainly rocked (knocked) the Harry Potter Universe right off it's axis! Ten was the perfect combination of angsty, energetic, sometimes bordering on bi-polar, mad man we all know and love. He also happened to be one of my favorites, and you've brought him to life for me one more time. I loved the interactions with the Master (always a fun spice to the events of his life). I also really enjoyed the Corsair. He was very well crafted and the idea of him being Sirius Black fit so nicely. It now makes me think of a raggedy Gary Oldman floating around space in the Whoverse before his end.

The only bit that got a touch muddled for me was Rani as Bellatrix and her final stand. For the entirety of your fiction, that one part tossed into Ragnarok episode seemed rushed and not as flushed out as everything you've done previous. A brief description of Bellatrix more sane and more through in her evilness felt like exposition to justify the next monkey wrench in the Doctor's crazy life. Was an interesting turn of events that was over before it began.

That being said, it didn't detract from the work as a whole. It was well written and planned out in beautiful story arcs that, even if they had to retcon themselves, fit the Doctor's narrative. I also very much enjoyed the ending letter to Mickey. It was very much in Eleven's style. Though it wasn't his story, you kept The Doctor through to the very end which is no easy feat. I applaud you and your writing! Thank you for sharing your work! This has been a wonderful adventure!

Cheers!
Lieutenant Brosky chapter 3 . 12/14/2017
Just pointing out. The Doctor asks why year it is when in the last chapter he had already figured it out.
LittleSnaketail chapter 1 . 5/11/2017
Dude. I just realized that your fic is nearly as long as the whole book of Deathly Hallows. My respect for you has increased tenfold.
LifeOfAdventure chapter 32 . 7/19/2016
"You are welcome to torture me! Sontarans do not break under torture!"

Love that part
LifeOfAdventure chapter 23 . 7/18/2016
How is the Master back? He was pulled into the Time War with the other Timelords in The End of Time.
LittleSnaketail chapter 14 . 6/17/2016
Y U DO DIS 2 MAH FEELS MAN
Thatguy666777 chapter 68 . 8/15/2015
Sorry to be that guy ha I love the story to be honest i'm just bad at doing in depth reviews, I just wanted to point out that its called the resurrection stone and not the rememberance stone. I know not a big deal but it bugged me.
Thatguy666777 chapter 38 . 8/14/2015
This is the first Doctor Who fic and the first crossover fic i've ever read and I love it! I'm just sorry I don't have the chance to review every chapter as I don't gave internet when i'm reading this, generally I save fics and read through them but still your take on the barty being the doctor theory is the best one i've heard yet.

Not sure why I never thought of him using the watch and the tardis being behind the love door was honestly a stroke of genius on your part, i loved that.

Hopefully i'll get to review again before i finish this but if not I just want to say thanks for the wonderfully story and keep on writing :)
Guest chapter 73 . 7/6/2015
It was not until your final chapters that I realised the reason for the title to your story, Weaken the lock. I did not expect it to go where it went ultimately back to the Time War and then to the beginning of Eleven's story. Good ending
Sourai-ken chapter 47 . 3/11/2015
omg I laughed so hard at the kissing part-
I mean not that I have anything against gays but the AWKWARDNESS of third wheeling xDDD
FateOfChaos chapter 73 . 9/14/2014
This was possibly the best Doctor Who/Harry Potter fanfiction ever written. I've stayed up well into the night reading this, and it was worth it. Marvelous job. It was a fantastic read.
Sinilumi chapter 61 . 8/11/2014
By now, practically every character has died or sort-of died at least once. Jack has died a few dozen or several hundred times, Tonks and Barty twice and the Master, the Corsair and River once. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I find it amusing how casually us sci-fi/fantasy fans talk about people dying repeatedly, being cloned, being possessed by aliens, turning invisible, traveling in time etc. It's as though those were normal everyday things.

The plot of this episode got somewhat confusing towards the end. It's also largely inconsistent with revelations made in canon after it was written/planned but it's rather entertaining nonetheless. The emotional stuff and the Nightmare Child were great.
Sinilumi chapter 39 . 8/9/2014
Typical Jack. Flirting with people who keep killing him over and over again. Maybe the wizarding world will now start calling him the man who lived and lived and lived and lived and lived.

The existence of Doctor Who in this universe implies that John Barrowman exists there too. The mental image of Jack flirting with his actor is hilarious.
Sinilumi chapter 38 . 8/9/2014
It's possible the Doctor does, in fact, hear Gallifreyan pretty often. I have this theory that the TARDIS can translate at least some types of Gallifreyan but won't do so automatically. Maybe the Doctor is actually speaking Gallifreyan much of the time. He can definitely speak English and a lot of other languages but surely, speaking Gallifreyan would make talking about time travel much easier. I would expect Gallifreyan to have a few dozen tenses. Real-life multilinguals usually choose the language they talk/think in based on what they're thinking/talking about (that is, if the other person speaks several of the same languages). For instance, I think in English when I'm thinking about the TV shows I watch and in Finnish when I'm thinking about my family.

I find it a bit odd that the characters haven't even expressed their concern for Jack for a long time.