Reviews for The Howling Wind
WhistlesOfTin chapter 32 . 1h
I think I read this story a while ago and then dropped because it was abandoned. I'm SO FREAKING HAPPY to rediscover it!
codyskater31 chapter 32 . 2/1
i hope you don't abandon this story i love lovecraftian horror so i would love to see a naruto crossover with it. i only know of one other and it's called look to the stars it's not the best written one even the author wants to rewrite it. but you are a pretty good writer and i would love to see this continued.
Diablo chapter 32 . 1/27
This needs an update like a mcmuffin needs bacon.
Billy JB II chapter 32 . 1/14
You rap better than most authors who try to write Killer B. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing though.

Now write more, we don't need yet another fic falling to the terrible might of the Chuunin Exams! We need to see how they go, and find out about what exactly is going on, and stuff.

Please?
Billy JB II chapter 31 . 1/14
That's right Naruto. When talking to foreign kunoichi, just pick up that foot and stick it as far down your throat as it will go.

To be fair, Naruto does have reasons to make that guess, aside from sketchy mental voices. He was, after all, BORN on the day of the kyuubi attack. Additionally, kyuubi is the WIND bijuu. I imagine the real issue is how flustered Naruto is.
Billy JB II chapter 30 . 1/14
There's the eponymous Howling Wind! (I'm sorry)

All sorts of cool stuff happen later, but there's all of 2 more chapters posted as of 9 months ago. Why you do dis. You should post moar, because I enjoy it. Well...2 more chapters to read!
Billy JB II chapter 29 . 1/14
I'm going to imagine Jo as a pro wrestling announcer, because that's the funniest way to imagine him. Also, Kazu's an ass. I don't know what side he is on or what his goals are (beyond the incredibly vague "peace"), but he's rather obnoxious in his interactions with Naruto. It's not like Naruto could spill if Kazu decided to tell him the whole story.
Billy JB II chapter 28 . 1/14
And the big reveal...sort of...not really. OK, it doesn't really tell us exactly what's going on, and it doesn't really tell Naruto fans anything NEW, but it's still something.
Billy JB II chapter 27 . 1/14
You do a great job of hinting and slowly revealing a mystery...which is completely obviated by the fact that everyone who's reading this picked up on it by the end of chapter 2, because they already knew the answer (at least, to some extent).

Them's the breaks with fanfiction, I guess. Kudos anyway.
Billy JB II chapter 25 . 1/14
Is Taro canon or is he just a really great OC?

*Checks*

Nice, you made up a character with an awesome skillset that fits flawlessly. He's ridiculously strong, yet he still strikes me as someone who would fit as a competitor in the chuunin exams.

Everybody loves Fu.
Billy JB II chapter 21 . 1/13
If Naruto's chakra can significantly affect his momentum in midair, I don't see why he shouldn't be able to fly outright, at least once he has sufficient power and control. And wouldn't that be fun?
Billy JB II chapter 18 . 1/13
You keep referring to Kakashi as Hatake. I know that's his name, but it's a bit weird, especially given that I don't know of any characters who refer to him as Hatake in canon. Kakashi-[all sorts of things] but not straight Hatake.
Billy JB II chapter 6 . 1/12
Neji and Lee are not doing what I was under the impression they were supposed to be doing.

And then, all of a sudden...Tobi! or something.
Billy JB II chapter 4 . 1/12
There's something screwy going on in that quote from Advanced Chakra Manipulation.

Also, he's reading the same page for days...from a scroll. What, are there lines separating the pages?

What kind of shinobi trips on dirt? The kind who benefits from it, thank you.

And, finally...No easy missions? WHO RETRIEVES TORA? People can paint their own damn fences and watch their own brats, but I don't think the daimyo's wife can find and capture her cat. Or maybe Tora has ninja training in this universe, thus bringing it up to a B-rank...
Billy JB II chapter 3 . 1/12
Kakashi's an ass. But not just a normal ass, oh no, he's an ass of all stripes. Smartass, Lazyass, Badass, etc. Also Sakura in green is interesting.