Reviews for EO Challenge: Battle Scars
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 4/7/2014
Really powerful and quite a lot heartbreaking. Me like.
MarenMary93 chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Nice one! Liked it really much!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Poor Sam, all the way from the pilot to the present, Dean fights for the world but Sam only fights for his family or lover.
FallenAngel218 chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
This is a good story. :) You did very well writing in Sam's POV.
Bartlebead chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
I think this about covers Sam's perspective!
MeAzrael chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
When I read the summary I was curious where you were going with the "keep his shirt on" remark - and knowing you a tiny bit this was leading me in a totally different direction. But I love what you have made of this - and the way you wrote it. This is Sam back then, without a doubt, and it's the one explanation for leaving his family I can live with.
"Perhaps the normal life has made me secure and content and blunted that sharp edge of steel that the hunters' life hones. But I don't fear this life, I hate it; and if ever I needed a reminder of why, I got it this evening when Dean pulled off his shirt before turning in." This is it, in a nutshell - and it's so sad, as sad as his memories about Dean's different scars.
Thanks for that special scar, by the way: "Then way low down on his belly, there's his stupid little appendectomy scar; a faint memento of normality amidst the rest of the carnage." Hehe, it was a bit hard to keep my fantasy from running wild with the trail of that one :-)

Wonderful insight in Sam's head and heart.

xx Kate
Spirit Burner AKA Chick Feed chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Reading about someone's life using the scars on their body, asking yourself, do I want that? Powerful stuff my friend, and beautifully written.

Chick xx
1983Sarah chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
Wow, that is a great perspective. I've never thought about the scars before, but they would have a lot as hunters and it would be proof of just how dangerous a hunters life can be and a ever present reminder to Sam of what he would have to deal with and why he wanted a normal life so much.
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
And that bit of a bruise on that taught, bronzed bicep where I appreciated his beauty a little too fervently...ummmmmm!
Bev x
masondixon chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Very good job here. Once again you so capably say so much with your descriptive touch that dialogue is unnecessay. No illustrations needed here; your words paint such a vivid picture all on their own.

Thank You.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Yay for longer drabbles! I'm sure that Dean wouldn't have wanted to have that effect on Sam and would have kept his shirt on to prevent such a thing. I'm sure that Sam had his share of scars, too which would have had their own negative influence on him. His brother's scars would have seemed so much worse, tho.

Nicely done. :)
Tifaching chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Oh, Sammy if only you had any say in the matter.
Amberdreams chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
A story written in scars, you can't blame Sam for thinking there was something not to be desired in that, can you...
Nice one JD!
emebalia chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
"As much as I love my brother, it's a journey I've no desire to take." Too bad he never really had a choice.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Wonderful, Dizzo. Great trip down memory lane.