Reviews for Rise To The Occasion
VoicesInTheWind chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
I love your cheesy endings :)

And I love the side of Carlos you showed here. Both he and Logan displayed a lot of strength in a terrible situation, but it's less common to find stories like that for Carlos, who is usually the lighthearted and childish one, so I really enjoyed reading this. Your pacing is really good, too; you kept the tension the entire time they were in the mine but didn't let it drag out at all.

I thoroughly enjoyed this. Well done.
chocolate-colombo chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Awwww this was one of THE SWEETEST things I've ever read. No Joke! I loved it loved it loved it!
BookWorkKendall chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
I loved it
LittleWing chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
So cute. The brotherly interactions were great! The four of them do have a very interesting relationship. I've never had friends like that (think we'd all love to have friends like this, really). My parents taught me the same thing about panic. That's useless and to not bother with it because it won't help a thing. End result is that I don't panic. Like Logan or Kendall, I tend to jump right to assessing and doing what needs to be done. It impressed my mother in law when I didn't panic after my son's head was split open on a church pew (that should have taught him about chasing girls, but didn't); she was panicking. Anyway, long ramblings from me. Cute story, loved the interactions and Logan's bits on the different ways people learn (totally understand how Carlos feels, my algebra class does that every time; instructor might as well be speaking Greek or Latin) and the uselessness of panic.
ElevatedSuperstar chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
...
OH MY GAWSH.
Yeah, so this? This right here? No, not this review, the story. Yeah. That's basically amazing. Not basically. It is.
So, first you have me worried with Carlos galloping off into some unknown mine. Wow, thanks for the heart attack! Then you use this great imagery to desceibe the cracking walls and the rock fall. So, of course, after going, 'James! Stand back!' I'm like, 'OH NO! CARLOS! LOGAN! NO, GET OUT!' Then it was Harry Potter 2.0 and they were TRAPPED! Very good writing right there! Logan being a little hero, sitting on Carlos :3

Right, next order of business, zee floof! (the fluff) Carlos is all worried because Logan is all beat up. So cute. Then he goes Superman, pushing a BOULDER off of Logan's foot! Poor Logie has to be dragged.

And my FAVORITE parts, (all James aside) is when Logan is explaining how Carlos isn't stupid. I LOVED that. I don't know how you come up with Logan's reasonings, but it was like Logan was right here, talking calmly to me. It was SO believable, so kind, so LOGAN. I loved it.

Then when Logan starts to fade in and out, the part where Carlos thinks he is dying, I start to FREAK OUT. I figured you wouldn't kill Logan, but then he told Carlos to tell Kendall and James all of that stuff... oh my gawsh. You sure know how to tear my heart into confetti!

BUT the confettit has been glued back into a whole when everything turns out okay! Man, I was jealous of Carlitos! I wish James was the first thing i saw when I wake up in the hospital. But no, the first thing I get to see is always a doctor . ?But anywho, the four-boy fluff made me elated, and I loved every bit of it. You 'elevated' my heart with the good-naturedness of everyone. I loved this story, it really shows off your writing talent :) Great job!
LoveSparkle chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
They saved eachother :)
That's so sweet..
I was so scared for Logan, but I'm glad they're both alright :)
WellDone*..
winterschild11 chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
I love it! Carlos may be fun-loving and innocent, but he is NOT stupid and you showed that very well!
RosesAreForWriters chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Oh how I loved this one. This is seriously one of your best. Loved it. And the cheesy ending was the best kind of cheesy. :)