Reviews for Strange Visitors from Another Century
JinxTheLance chapter 10 . 7/30
I know it's been ages since u posted your Chapter, but if it's worth anything, yes it would be very, very interesting to read about how Hufflepuff and all that.
JinxTheLance chapter 9 . 7/30
Can't stop reading! I really admire the way your write. So far so fantastic! Dont have the energy to critique at the moment, I just want to know what Salazar'll do!
One question: how much time did it take you to take you to plan the story before posting it here?
JinxTheLance chapter 6 . 7/30
I really enjoyed reading that, I like where you're taking the Founders' characters, but- I dont know if it's just me- there is a lot of "are you all right?", "i'm fine, thanks", "what's wrong?", "i'm fine thanks". Okay, I know that those are not exact quotes, and maybe i'm being a little unfair, but i just can't help but groan sometimes at dialogues that are packed with "Thank you". I don't mean to be spiteful or anything, I'm just trying to give you my honest opinion, hoping you will use it to better your writing.
FelixtheSax chapter 15 . 7/29
I think this might be steadily surpassing the Amulet of Time series as my favorite founders era story. I love this Slytherin, the possible Harry/Helena tension is fantastic, this Godric is a fucking BEAST, Helga is the perfect Hufflepuff (Obviously) and Rowena is absolutely spot on. This chapter specifically though, your Hermione is perfect. Everyone always passes over the things she's done for her friends, but I've always seen a massive potential dark side for her, but only when she sees a threat to her loved ones. Everything about this story is amazingly done. And I especially love how accurate you're making it for the time period (ie food). In short, keep doing what you're doing and this story will just keep getting better.
JustWondering chapter 1 . 7/29
So... They can travel back to the exact second they left, right? But right now, before they travel back, is something happening in the future? And when they travel back will that stuff that had been happening in the future while they were back in time be split off into an alternate reality or universe or something? If u get my train of thought.
Rowena chapter 15 . 7/29
Wise words, Helga, my friend. Now may we put this matter to rest?
Helga chapter 15 . 7/29
I was the injured one, to be fair. But none of that matters now! We have all made mistakes, we will make more. Blaming ourselves for everything that goes wrong around us will only hold us back.
Godric chapter 15 . 7/29
Salazar! You were not weak, merely human. If anyone had been weak that day it was I, with my foolishness.
Salazar chapter 15 . 7/29
I do despise dredging up the past... And my weaknesses.
JinxTheLance chapter 2 . 7/29
You're story is fantastic! I think you're a talented writer- and you sure know your harry potter. However, in some parts of your writing, I feel like you can be overly descriptive- and that pulls the reader out of the story's environment, I. E., interrupts the flow of the story, if you know what i mean. I'm really glad u took your time with each chapter as it suggests that you are putting a lot of effort into writing and perfecting them. Thank you so much for giving me a wonderful story to read! I was so damn BORED! I almost joined Gryffindor dragon hunting- thank God I decided to search for a gd fan fic before asking him if I could come along.
ForgotToSignIn chapter 15 . 7/28
I love the legitimate effort that seems to be put in your story, your chapters are lengthy and well thought out. I adore the dynamic that has been growing between all the characters- I often forget that this isn't Rowling writing. I feel that if she had written about the Founders, they would be your characters. While reading the last chapter I caught on to what Slytherin said- "He could. If he was driven to that point." When he said that about Harry I just thought of the emotional pain I would be in to see Harry ever like that, but thought about it again and realized if Harry was ever driven to that point it would a serious character development. I cannot wait until chapters where the Order may come more into play. You had a gift with words, really. Nice talent and structure. Anyway, good luck with all.
Did I mention that your chapter titles rock? Somewhat vague, but suits each chapter perfectly once you've read it.
KK chapter 15 . 7/27
To be honest I think this is worth waiting for.
For a concept that seems so stereotypical and cheesy as going to the founders era you've done more than balanced it out. You've made these characters strong and defined that make us want to know what has happened to them and how they will interact with the future. I want to see how this trio are back in their own time and I want to see how they get there.
The only thing I can completely say is that I want to read more!
juan chapter 1 . 7/23
I hope this story finishes all the way and break the curse of unfinish founders stories only a few have ever finish and alot of them are from teddylonglong one of the greatest foudners writers ever
SomeoneKnew chapter 2 . 7/22
Godric...I'm re-reading and it's still as shocking as ever. I'm reading it as though I'm one of the founders, hearing about their exploits for the first time. Wow...I don't know the word to describe it. Authority on traumatic is right. PS this was supposed to go on the first chapter. Also I think it would be interesting if you had a little thing where Salazar meets/hears about Malfoy and then somehow gives him a lecture. Just a thought.
lilyjen09 chapter 15 . 7/20
Yay! You're back! I'm sorry thingshave been so hard for you, and will keep you in my prayers. As for the chapter, I have to say I really really like your version of Slytherin. He does not like using the dark arts, at all, but he is using the darkness in his past to help fight the darkness now, which is good. It also shows, with his methods of dealing with the prizoners, that everyone falls back on darkness to some extent in their lives. They regret it, if they really have changed, but we all have times where we do what we wish we'd not done... My computer is almost deat so I'll stop, but I'm looking forward to the update. Oh, and I can se how Hermione is the only one practical enough to take what slytheri said to heart in a way.
1,274 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »