Reviews for Word War
Queenola-Witty chapter 1 . 11/15/2014
Awww...that's kinda more than a lil sad. Poor Sam..
mara-isamoose chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
*SOFTLY SOBS* MY POOR BABY
AlElizabeth chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Poor Sammy. Can't imagine having dyslexia. Good one-shot! Keep up the great work!
Miss221B chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Poor Sam...
Xxshorty15xX chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Love the fic!wish there was more though!
cappy712 chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
OH man the pain of not knowing. Wow that was good. Thank you for sharing.
RogueStorm84 chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
Aww poor Sammy but you just gave me an idea for a supernatural story. Can I use your idea of a dyslexic Sam?
ccase13 chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Poor kid, as much work as has been done with learning disabilities, most classes probably would laugh a lot if he just said it looks like either raw or war.
myapplemonkey chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
N'aww, poor Sammy! :3
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
I can really identify with Sam's emotions in this story. I have math dyslexia, I can't see the numbers in my head. So any addition or subtraction or multiplication or division is a nightmare for me. I have trouble making change in transactions and can't do any math in my head to figure out if a sale is a good deal or not.

And I went through the same terror of being called upon is school to answer math questions aloud as Sam is when asked to read aloud.

I'm so glad that I don't have the " swapped letters" form of dyslexia because I love to read but not being able to do simple math is it's own handicap in the real world of having to pay bills and buy groceries.

Thanks for putting this out there so those that are not effected by this type if hidden handicap can get a glimpse of what it is like trying to cope with one.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
That was awesome and highlighted perfectly what some dyslexics go through and you got across Sam's panic perfectly as he didn't know if the word was war or raw.
Dizzo chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
This is beautifully written, and just perfectly explores the esteem problems that dyslexia brings. I found it interesting that you chose Sam as the dyslexia sufferer for this.

In the show, he's always considered the cerebral and academic one whereas Dean, although clearly smart and highly intelligent, is the school drop-out, the do-er rather than the reader, and is generally more 'streetwise' than 'educated'. It would be far easier to imagine Dean as being dyslexic.

Well done for not going with the tried and true!

Nice work x
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
My kid has dyslexia. It's tough. It still wrecks havoc on his self-esteem.
1983Sarah chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
That is just heartbreaking. The idea of not being able to tell and no one else understanding why it is so confusing. You captured that very well. Great work.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Poor Sam, I remember listening to kids who had difficulty reading in school, ones that seemed so confident and cocky, and then when they read outloud - poof! Gone was that self-assured person replaced with an embarrassed, stuttering child and I used to feel so bad for them! Nice story, but so sad (glad it isn't canon!)