Reviews for Through the Looking Glass
Pony chapter 13 . 1/10/2013
I am just watching D&M for the first time and am enjoying the show.

I don't know the characters all that well, but your story and the dialog ring relatively true to me. The plotline is ambitious, but your pacing is very good throughout.

On the technical side, I would to see a bit more emotional depth in the character depictions, as well as a bit more overall descriptive writing. Still you provide a satisfying read, and I am looking forward to checking out more of your stories.

HarryMakepeace chapter 13 . 1/6/2013
Great Ending and I really hoping for more...Robert is always the bad guy and I think anyone thinks the same of him...and why Harry is acting like she is...thanks for sharing the story :-)
goroslin chapter 13 . 1/5/2013
very very good!
not that we reeeeeally got the biggest clue as to what specifically happened to Harry that had SI10 involved on the 1st place, but you ended that story well, and open to new thnigs...yes?
thanks for sharing
abeed chapter 12 . 1/3/2013
Favourite lines:

"Dempsey will kill him." Her voice was raspy and barely audible but Chas heard her. Nodding once he helped her to her feet. "We have to stop him, Chas."

"You ok?"

"I wont be. If anything happens to him."

'Chas smiled slightly, the rest of the team had known for years what the two mismatched partners felt for each other. He was just surprised it had taken them so long to realise it themselves.' Brill! :-)

"He isn't worth it." Harry stepped nearer to Dempsey. "Believe me he is not worth this."

"You are." Dempsey never took his eyes off Robert. Chas smiled slightly.' :-) Nice chapter x
HarryMakepeace chapter 12 . 1/3/2013
but I am :-) a really great chapter. But you don't have to end it so soon ;-) well written and thank you for sharing :-)
goroslin chapter 12 . 1/3/2013
I like that:""You ok?"

"I wont be. If anything happens to him." so true...

soooo, are we going to have Harry explain what happened with Robert the 1st time, or are you just going to leave us hanging for another story?
thanks for this chapter and Happy New Year
HarryMakepeace chapter 11 . 1/1/2013
facing the past... a short but great chapter. can't wait for more.
abeed chapter 11 . 12/27/2012
"I did." Dempsey smirked. "I did tell you that you'd meet my girl. And you will."

"When?" Ricky smirked. "We're beginning to think she's a figment of your imagination."

"Oh she's no figment. Even I couldn't dream her up..." Made me smile #mygirl

Ok Dempsey, your girl needs rescuing from that horrible ex of hers. Go get him!

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Krato chapter 11 . 12/27/2012
"You ok?"
"Ginger, I'm always ok." He smirked as she raised an eyebrow... Great dialogue :-)

LOL. Dempsey's playing them for fools with the girlfriend thing and they just don't have a clue.
Have a feeling Dempsey's going to come to Harry's rescue and give Robert Makepeace what he deserves.
Do we get to find out what a cad he was to her during their marriage in the next chapter? ;-)
Krato chapter 10 . 12/27/2012
Made me laugh when Ginger called Robert 'Bobby' - he so didn't like that.
Despite Robert's swagger and money, neither Ginger nor Ricky are in the least intimidated by him which i like.
..."One person." Harry corrected. "My ex husband." Her cut glass accent jarred on his nerves. ... For some reason I really liked Harry's voice annoying him. Highlights the fact that Harry isn't from his world.
Can't wait to find out what Robert did to her. Sounds like there was violence involved though.
HarryMakepeace chapter 10 . 12/26/2012
Really great story and I like tio read more of it :-) can't wait for an update soon...aergh, I hate Robert*smile*
goroslin1 chapter 10 . 12/20/2012
ok, so when does Harry tell Dempsey what happened to her and her ex husband? so that he'll hate Robert even more...can't wait for chapter11
Krato chapter 9 . 12/16/2012
Yes, I'm still reading and loving it but I'm just bad at keeping up with reviews.

Thoroughly enjoyed the scene with Chas and Spikings.
...But if it was an ex of yours that turned out to be a psychopath... Oooh so we're talking psycho?
"Me too son, me too."... Just those few words from Spikings were perfect :-)

"Hi." Dempsey leant against the glass wall of the phone box and sighed. "You ok?"... Very visual and I could hear the softness in his voice.
Wow, so Harry's actually 'scared' of Robert. Tend to think of Harry as being pretty unflappable so knowing this tells us a lot :-o
Very nice little conversation between them; caring with a sense of urgency. Good to hear Harry is aware that she's holding back from him and that she wants to give him a chance.

"Honey, I have to go." Dempsey spoke into the phone. Ginger raised an eyebrow.
"You have a girl?"... Loved this bit. Dempsey calls her 'honey' because he cares for her for real and it's now spilled over into his undercover role too.

So is there still going to be a part where he thinks she's dead? I need to feel his pain ;-)
Krato chapter 8 . 12/16/2012
...If Chas hadn't found her. She closed her eyes for a moment, aware that she couldn't dwell on how her marriage had come to an end... How intriguing is that?!

"She was my wife actually." Dempsey resisted the urge to pulverize the smug man in front of him... Ha! Nice :-)

Looking forward to Dempsey thinking Harry's dead. Seems so wrong but just luuuurve the angst and pain!
Haveunotthought chapter 9 . 12/14/2012
I'm still reading, I like Dempsey undercover, would have been interesting if he thought Harry was dead.
However I can see Dempsey really enjoying this line "Oh, trust me. You'll meet her." Dempsey smiled. "Soon. I promise."