Reviews for Attend the Tale of Sweeney Smaug
Mr. Wizard chapter 3 . 10/23/2012
Ah, a jury that really earned its free lunch, hope it was a good one.

Some mighty fine lawyerin' there, and some fine writing.
Mr. Wizard chapter 2 . 10/22/2012
This is actually the kind of trial I wouldn't mind sitting jury on.

The courtroom and dinner table allow you to put your skills at conversation to their best use. A pleasure to read.
Mr. Wizard chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Finally able to get around to this gem.

Great situation, expressed with clarity and comedy. At least Tokyo was spared this time, too bad Middleton may soon surpass Dayton in judicial infamy.
NSLC chapter 3 . 10/8/2012
An entertaining story, but Smaug is truly been big, as big as a pony and weighing about 200 kg, he must have huge wings to fly.

Bird dog, what a way to get out of a difficult situation, but can only be used if you are a judge.

A note to Thomas Linquist and LJ58. DNAmy is in Denmark and therefore can not be compelled to testify in a U.S. court and it's canon that she will not do anything that could harm her creations so it is very unlikely that she will answer any questions from that lawyer.
noncynic chapter 3 . 10/3/2012
Nice ending, Shego in fine form, even when trying to push things a bit too far.
Thomas Linquist chapter 3 . 10/3/2012
Okay, I missed chapter two when it came out, and to be honest, I liked it better this way! I would definitely have it as two chapters, but the wait on the verdict and penalty phase would have killed me.

I know that there are a lot of gaps in the law as a result of the times, but the seventh ammendment really does need to be revisited. Honestly, twenty dollars?!

What would have happened if Judge had actually thought to contact Dr. Amy Hall, as a genetics specialist?

As for the final penalties, I think both sides should have been required to donate to the ASPCA and look after their own court costs, since nothing came out of pocket. Proceeds from sales of the court transcripts could have gone to the charity of the presiding judge's choice.
A Markov chapter 3 . 10/1/2012
I love, love, LOVE the ending of this. Wonderfully Shego and perfectly executed.

The whole thing was very easy to read and I had a grin on my face from start to finish. I think you have found a new niche for yourself, the light-hearted court-room drama.

Alex
Invader Johnny chapter 3 . 9/30/2012
LOL, what a comical way to end such a serious if not semi-dark fate to Smaug.

A "Bird-Dog", what way to classify an animal indeed, XD.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
LJ58 chapter 3 . 9/30/2012
Just curious, but why wasn't Amy called to testify. Didn't she create the 'breed?' ;-)
BloodAuthor chapter 3 . 9/30/2012
that was so funny epic story
List of Romantics chapter 3 . 9/30/2012
Yet further proof I could never be a lawyer... long enough not to surpress the urge to kill all those involved. *Shudders* Bless the people who can-I'll be over here, quite content with my cavities, root canals and teeth whitening.
Sonicthehedgewolf chapter 2 . 9/28/2012
Lol very nice. I would totally wear that new Smug shirt.
noncynic chapter 2 . 9/27/2012
Well, flowing well so far, but Shego had best be ready for at least one dirty trick, in my opinion. Providing lawyers actually define anything they do as a dirty trick, of course.
Neihaera chapter 2 . 9/27/2012
I'd have commented earlier, but I was drinking coffee while reading and almost drowned in it when the laughing started. Please don't stop, this is PRICELESS.
Dr. Rex Greylin chapter 2 . 9/27/2012
And the absurdity continues. Were you reading Catch-22 recently? :-)

I want that tee shirt, by the way.
Doc