Reviews for Trials for Joyce
sweetprincipale chapter 7 . 10/19/2012
Another exciting chapter. I loved the Spike/Joyce bonding, and Giles' voice was very well done, as usual. My favorite little moment has to be Willow.
"The Powers took the key?" Willow's confusion was evident. "Was it an actual key? We had it? I didn't know we had a key! Did you know we had a key?" Willow turned to look at Xander, who could only shrug his shoulders in bewilderment.
I could hear it, see it, the cadence in the voice, the confused puppy look and the rapid almost stammer when she gets really excited and starts tossing out the questions.
Love the use of Maat. I'm always working in the old mythologies as well, and totally think it makes the story more believable than just "creating" a whole new god/goddess, whatever.(Although a well created one with some backstory is excellent, too!)
A nice somber ending note, the cap on the pen. So now everyone knows everything- what are they gonna do with it all?
spike'smate chapter 7 . 10/17/2012
so dawns the key!
S1r3h chapter 7 . 10/17/2012
Poor Scoobies. *Shakes Head*
One crisis after another. *Sighs*
sweetprincipale chapter 6 . 10/15/2012
To begin with, a favorite, favorite line "Ah, yes. I must say I forgot about that." Buffy barely caught the mumbled 'I was trying to repress it' from Giles. And the second favorite has to be the last one. "What's with the family outing."

Okay, Speed Racer, you sped along here, but that's your style, I talk everything to death. Excellent work, getting more and more in depth, and you throw some curve balls- once which you think about they're no curves really. Riley's death and Glory's sudden emergence felt very unexpected, but believable. I liked how you helped Giles explain what was in Riley's head, and maybe Buffy won't be so self-destructive in her assessment of her self because of it.
I particularly like that Buffy WANTS to include Spike in the planning, not just the fighting. Sounds like we could have a good partnership starting.
S1r3h chapter 6 . 10/14/2012
Awsome update!
I wonder what Dawn's necklace does?
MD4evaOLTL chapter 6 . 10/14/2012
Great fic, can't wait to see what happens next!
sweetprincipale chapter 5 . 10/12/2012
Sigh. Throughly good, fulfilling chapter. I feel like that was the grounded chapter we needed after the big hooplah of the trials themselves. I was feeling a little confused about the strength of Angel's reaction until I recalled season two of Angel, and then I had an AH ha! moment. Love Cordy's "what is your malfunction line", literally laughed quite hard. Oh she only had a cameo moment but she shone.
I like Joyce's use of the mother card and Dawn's "I'm the teen I know it all attitude." You only gave us brief glimpses of those character traits, but they were well done.
I'm curious to see how things progress with our blondies. I know this is the biggest piece you've done, but any idea just how long (in terms of chapters) it'll be?
spike'smate chapter 5 . 10/11/2012
i want more i'm greedy like that, but this was a good chappy and i want more spuffy
Spike's real lover chapter 5 . 10/11/2012
Yay! I love it when Spike kicks Angel's ass! I also love Spike as the hero. And I absolutely love Spike as a Champion!
Awesome, Rocking, Fabulous story so far! I love this soooooooo much!
S1r3h chapter 5 . 10/10/2012
Kick Angel's ass!
He can really get on my nerves sometimes.
charmed4lifekaren chapter 5 . 10/10/2012
I really live your story. Any story that shows the love and what Spike would be prepared to so for the summers woman are my favorite and you have some it really well, I loved it. Update when you can.
amberrobin chapter 4 . 10/8/2012
Awesome! I can't wait for more!
spiked-love chapter 4 . 10/7/2012
Man, the trials were not as bad as I thought they would be... or maybe more detail was required. Either way, loved it! Can't wait for the next chapter.
sweetprincipale chapter 4 . 10/9/2012
ARGGGH! That was awesome. You know me, I do like more detail and longer draw out scenes, (and inner monologue, a sickening amount, lol) but this was good, like snap shots of each trial. I LOVE what you did for Dawn, I didn't think about it too much, I was focused on what would happen with Spike's soul.
Have to say my favorite lines were :"I'm certain I don't like repeatin' myself, mate." Ooh, so good, so pithy and snarky and just that brave in the face of death we all want in a heroic portrayal of Spike. Kudos!
"Well get to it. It's past the nibblet's bed time and big sis's gotta get her back home." Now that was perfect in a different way, the domestic considerations under the weight of the also has that metter of fact, brusque air to it, but it points to the soft side.
Thoroughly Enjoyed.
RmsThakoer chapter 4 . 10/9/2012
Goddammit. I NEVER should've started reading unfinished stories again. .
Bookmarked and favorited. xD