Reviews for A Man's Duty
bellechat chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Your version of Greedy Once-ler is amazing! You really explained in great detail of how and why he acts. There's some sympathy upon reading a little of his past and that actually seems realistic. That moment when he gives the girl a job was actually sweet in a way, particularly that he smiled at her at one point. It shows his old self still lives...but only a little. I always felt that Once-ler cared a bit for his employees, especially if they were from conditions like himself. Insant favorite story and beautiful job! :)
BadLuckCat chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
I enjoyed your take on the Once-ler. It's different from everyone else's and I think that's why I like it. It feels very true and it fits right.
This was terrific! Great job!

BLC
Spirina chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
A very nice, short fic. Your view of Once-ler is quite nice and fitting. It's great how he still keeps the righteous attitude about that he's a good guy, and even does things that fit to that view. While other fics and their perspectives are good and well-thought, I think yours is the most accurate one that I've read so far, since it actually shows him 'walking the walk' and deep down being a good and caring soul who does want to do good, but ends screwing it up by going on a power trip and making rotten choices 'for the greater good'.

Your text has a nice flow: Not too simple, not over-elaborating, but enough to both build a setting that conveys the situation quite well to the reader. I noticed a few mistakes that have slipped from your grasp (misspelled 'honor' at the line 13, 'tell-tell' at the line 32, given if it was supposed to be 'tell-tale' ) but in a text as long as this it's acceptable, more so when the other one was something that the spellchecker probably didn't pick up.

Nice, very nice. I enjoyed it a great deal, and hope you'll write more.
(Sorry if this review sounds a tad too formal. I've been a lurker in FF for a few years and this is actually my first comment ever, so I want to give as much back to you as a thanks for letting me enjoy for this one)
Oncie's Sweetheart chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
I like this new take on Greedy Once-ler. :3
lalalala
Now, I don't think this actually happened, he seemed fine growing up, but it's wonderful all the same. :)
OS