Reviews for A Man's Duty
Schattenspieler chapter 1 . 6/30
Das ist Bittersüß. Eine Schöne Geschichte mit einer angenehm moralischen Sicht, auf einer anderen Ebene als den üblich geschilderten. Die Geschichte ist sehr düster auf eine nüchterne Art und Weise, wirklich gut gelungen!
bellechat chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Your version of Greedy Once-ler is amazing! You really explained in great detail of how and why he acts. There's some sympathy upon reading a little of his past and that actually seems realistic. That moment when he gives the girl a job was actually sweet in a way, particularly that he smiled at her at one point. It shows his old self still lives...but only a little. I always felt that Once-ler cared a bit for his employees, especially if they were from conditions like himself. Insant favorite story and beautiful job! :)
TheMorrigansCandy chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
I enjoyed your take on the Once-ler. It's different from everyone else's and I think that's why I like it. It feels very true and it fits right.
This was terrific! Great job!

BLC
Spirina chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
A very nice, short fic. Your view of Once-ler is quite nice and fitting. It's great how he still keeps the righteous attitude about that he's a good guy, and even does things that fit to that view. While other fics and their perspectives are good and well-thought, I think yours is the most accurate one that I've read so far, since it actually shows him 'walking the walk' and deep down being a good and caring soul who does want to do good, but ends screwing it up by going on a power trip and making rotten choices 'for the greater good'.

Your text has a nice flow: Not too simple, not over-elaborating, but enough to both build a setting that conveys the situation quite well to the reader. I noticed a few mistakes that have slipped from your grasp (misspelled 'honor' at the line 13, 'tell-tell' at the line 32, given if it was supposed to be 'tell-tale' ) but in a text as long as this it's acceptable, more so when the other one was something that the spellchecker probably didn't pick up.

Nice, very nice. I enjoyed it a great deal, and hope you'll write more.
(Sorry if this review sounds a tad too formal. I've been a lurker in FF for a few years and this is actually my first comment ever, so I want to give as much back to you as a thanks for letting me enjoy for this one)
Oncie's Sweetheart chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
I like this new take on Greedy Once-ler. :3
lalalala
Now, I don't think this actually happened, he seemed fine growing up, but it's wonderful all the same. :)
OS