Reviews for The Avenging of Natalie Frost
Rehabilitated Sith chapter 3 . 6/20/2014
baahaa those two
HRHQueenMycroft chapter 8 . 5/18/2014
You have no idea how refreshing it is to read a non-romance book. And how strange
zoe alice chapter 20 . 5/2/2014
I really, really, really like this story.
Also, April was a fucking hero and I refuse to believe otherwise.

Onto the sequel!
zoe alice chapter 19 . 5/2/2014
Guh. Bweh. I love this story. Very much. I am reduced to inhuman noises.
zoe alice chapter 18 . 5/2/2014
Dangit, girl, I was trying not to ship it, trying very hard, and then you said "Cosmic Love." And ugh, I know that's not the point at all, but I can't help it.

That said, everything that IS the point is also fucking great.
zoe alice chapter 14 . 4/29/2014
zoe alice chapter 13 . 4/29/2014
Ahhhhhh this one was so good, too! I need Loki to stop being a horrible person, now.
zoe alice chapter 12 . 4/29/2014
So I'm in the process of catching up waaaaay later than everyone else, and I've been thoroughly enjoying myself. But this chapter blew me away. Absolutely fantastic.
TheCarKid chapter 21 . 1/3/2014
So my friend recently directed me towards this beautiful piece of writing, and I do not regret a letter read. Sure, I just finished this... Even though the sequel is well underway and I'm only on chapter 3 of that... And nobody's posted a review since October of last year... But nevertheless, this story... Wow.

You have created a main character people can relate to, and, unfortunately I, being an awkward sympathetic being, actually feel like I am Natalie Frost, despite that I'm not really like her. Commonly I would be yelling at this fanfiction at the damn plot twists that have earned such a love/hate title within my heart. I believe I stifled some tears, I definitely laughed out loud, but I do know that I literally had to take a few-days hiatus after reading this book just to prep myself for the sequel. That's how much this has affected me - and it's hard to find a published book like that, let alone a fanfiction.

The Avengers characters are very well produced as well. They act how I would imagine them to, described in a detail that I would expect them and be able to see in my mind's eye. Even Clint and Natasha weren't too far off character than I'd think - but it's difficult to know for them, because there isn't a lot of info on them in general. And don't even get me started on April - I've got a friend just like that, and her death was a blow to the heart.

Aaand this is a really long review that is basically reiterating everybody else's reviews, but hey, I wanted to get my word out there. And to say for the majority of this story I was singing "Monster" by Imagine Dragons in my head. And then there's "Bleeding Out" by them - I think you knew about that one because some of the lyrics are a chapter title in the sequel (but I dunno if that's pure coincidence, I mean, you never know).

I just wanted to say thank you for writing such a great fanfiction. There.
extracutegurl9 chapter 4 . 10/5/2013
Yes, the ever eloquent Daleks. This story is mediocre. Natalie needs, and hopefully gets, some real character development. I don't know anyone who goes around being so obnoxiously angry. Oh, wait! I do. And I hate being around them and avoid them at all costs. I understand making her snappish and sarcastic, especially after the nanites, but it grates on the nerves and makes her unlikeable. Also, are you sure she's a Psych major? Your portrayal of Tony and Bruce isn't bad and their interactions with each other are pretty good. I don't understand the way you make SHIELD look like the bad guy. It could just be the way Natalie is reacting, but why would Tony try to make them look like the Face of Evil? That is all. Thank you for taking the time to read my comment! One last thing, you do have a grasp of language, sentence structure and grammar that most writers on this site would envy, if they could read at a level above the fourth grade. Sparkles!
Robyn Night chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Just finished readin this story and am soooo in love with it :D (I also read your Harry PotterxAvengers crossover and want to read more!) I can't wait to read The Avenging of Loki Laufeyson :)
Whispers From A Silver Tongue chapter 13 . 8/20/2013
I want to write fanfictions of this fanfiction
Whispers From A Silver Tongue chapter 21 . 8/4/2013
I just can NOT stop rereading this! This is fantastic!
Potkanka chapter 20 . 8/1/2013
Alright, I don't know what to think about this story. On one hand, it had a very original plot that made me stay awake to the early morning hours just to know what happens next, on the other hand, it did emotionally nothing to me. And I know there were moments that would make me bawl like a baby if... I don't know, if it was written differently? And I'm not saying that it was written badly, I think you're a very good writer, but I read it mostly without a thing stirring within me, I couldn't empathize with any of the characters no matter what they were coming though (that coming from someone who cried many, many times while reading fanfics).
I also admit that I severely dislike Natalie. He was grating on my nerves a little bit at the beginning, which is usually the first sign of a Mary Sue for me, but not enough to stop reading. But it got worse, I soon couldn't stand her character. I still kept reading because of the story, but... yeah... I'm still not sure if she's a Mary Sue. If not, she definitely has very strong signs of it. I feel as if we're constantly supposed to be awed about how amazing she is or feel sorry for her because of how miserable she is.
Also, about in the middle of the story, I was thinking something about plotholes the size of Asgard but I no longer remember what it involved. (Oh and it's spelled Midgard, not Midguard.)
Oh and how come Natalie didn't go to therapy herself? She definitely needed it as much as Loki. I also don't think it's a good idea to be a shrink to someone who shares all your thoughts with you and more importantly, you with him. A friend to the patient maybe, helping with the recovery, but I think the psychiatrist should be able to keep his thoughts to himself... I'm no expert but it simply didn't sound like a good idea to me.

I know this review sounds mostly negative and I admit I won't read the sequel (mostly because of Natalie... it got a bit better in the last two chapters or something, but I still can't stand her), but rest assured that I enjoyed most of this story.
purple-peacock chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Since I read this story all in one go, I decided I would just leave my review of the whole shebang here. Anyway, let me just say; Wow. And to think I came this close to not reading it. The only reason I decided to give it a shot was because of the whole “Captain America taking some weird chick shopping” thing. I thought, “Oh, wow, I’ve got to see this,” and I’m glad I did, because honestly, it would’ve been my loss (even though all the angst almost killed me). It’s obvious that the plot was very well planned as it all flowed smoothly throughout. It was complex, original, and overall, entertaining. There were a lot of opportunities for it to get messy and confusing concerning the nanobots and the connection between Loki and Natalie, but you did a good job of preventing that by your clear explanations and such.
The characterization was spot on, which you have no idea how much I appreciated that. It was a breath of fresh air to read something with everyone in character. And I commend you on your characterization of Hawkeye. Its true that he is a difficult character to write, but I think you did a lovely job of it. I loved seeing the interactions between Natalie and the Avengers, particularly in the beginning, but for some reason I especially liked the relationship between Natalie and Clint. Don’t ask me why. I know not. But I do, and its something I’m hoping to see more of in the sequel (which I have already started reading, and I am loving it, btw).
Another thing I must commend you on is how you kept surprising us. This was not a predictable fic at all, especially with April’s death. That blew me out of my seat. I was also pleasantly surprised that Natalie didn’t end up falling in love with anyone at the end of it. Not that I would have mined, I’m actually a hopeless romantic, and I probably would have ate it up, no matter who you paired her with, but it was actually kind of refreshing to read something with completely platonic relationships. My only criticism is that I would have loved more Thor. Just because…well, he’s Thor. Enough said, right? Its not very constructive criticism (or any kind of criticism at all, really), but meh. Whatever. That’s just me.
Anyway, again, I commend you for a job well done on this awesome, awesome fic. You should get an award or something.