Reviews for IMPOSTER
cedricsowner chapter 7 . 11/12/2012
FANTASTIC CHAPTER! Absolutely fantastic chapter! You've outdone yourself with this one! It feels like you've actually been there! Good lord, I envy your style of writing!
cedricsowner chapter 6 . 11/8/2012
The interaction between Chance and Cedric is, as always, priceless. "Cedric's straws rendered a true-to-life rattlesnake's warning buzz." - that one had me rolling on the floor. The description of the changed landscape, the way things looked in 1963, however, somehow moved me. You described that excellently. I can't quite put a finger on it, but something about the lights, the missing buildings, made me sad. A very fitting atmosphere for the job they'll have to carry out.
cedricsowner chapter 5 . 10/24/2012
Great chapter! Really great chapter… lots of food for thought. I was amazed at the many details that added so much more to the arc of suspense and decided that I'd tell you in my review that it was a very enjoyable, solid chapter…. Then I got to the end… Chance's words about Guerrero…. They turned a "solid, enjoyable chapter" into a FANTASTIC chapter… so very touching… Loved this twist.
veniceit chapter 13 . 10/22/2012
Oh my gosh, that was so fun to read! So much excitement. This chapter was just oozing testosterone, manhood! So yummy.

Millicent being Julia is brilliant! What a perfect way for her to keep an eye on Chance and drive him crazy at the same time. Oh, she had some fun with that.

It's only fitting Chance saves Cedric...it reminds me of Winston saving Guerrero or the other way around. On the surface, you'd think, no way, but when push comes to shove, of course.

...still not booking that cruise!
veniceit chapter 12 . 10/22/2012
Yikes, I was thinking of booking a cruise...I think I might just pass now, especially one to Bermuda.

That was an exciting chapter and I really like Sam. He's a neat character. You get drawn to him as you do to Chance.

What the heck is Millicent doing? She's making me nervous!
veniceit chapter 10 . 10/22/2012
All things point to a very interesting, entertaining and possibly dangerous cruise.
veniceit chapter 9 . 10/22/2012
Somehow Chance getting "lost" at sea just seems like the best thing for him right now, especially in the past, before he became everything he hated and basically a wanted man.

He could actually live without looking over his shoulder, it must be in a strange way, kind of a new freedom for him.

Great chapter!
niagaraweasel chapter 14 . 10/22/2012
And we've come to the end of another wonderful story! Very interesting to see that Sam doesn't fall for the invisibility spell. And under the circumstances it's no wonder that Julia forgot the counter spell... Nice to see that she managed to fulfill her promise of bringing Chance back to his own time after all.
How fitting that Chance and Julia landed on a secluded little island... "nude midnight revels"... you manage to invoke the most delicious mental images... *purrrrr*.
And that "That only happens in Oz"... now wouldn't that be an interesting crossover... *giggle*.
niagaraweasel chapter 13 . 10/22/2012
Heavens to Murgatroyd, what a suspenseful chapter! You really had me on the edge of my seat with this one...and on top of the daring rescue (I love the mental image of the "amorous anaconda"), Millicent is actually Julia and Chance risks his life to save Cedric... *gulp*.
niagaraweasel chapter 12 . 10/22/2012
Why does disaster always strike when the end is pretty much in sight already... And now they have to deal with the Bermuda Triangle as well... Oglethorpe is definitely a few fries short of a Happy Meal... Good thing Chance and Sam are there to take charge of the situation.
niagaraweasel chapter 11 . 10/22/2012
Uh-oh... sounds suspiciously like the Cassiopeia is a disastere waiting to happen... painted-over cables, oily rags next to hot steam pipes... it's only a matter of time before something will go horrendously wrong...
And on the other side of the "equation", Milicent Tuttle is absolutely ROFLOL! I imagine her to be sort of like Miss Marple (the Margaret Rutherford version)... And while a few "accidental shotgun pellets through the calf might get Chance out of dancing duty, I have a feeling dear Millicent would be only too glad to take up the job of personal nursemaid... ;-).
And I'm glad to see that Chance does seem ready and willing to go back to his own time. For a while there I was really worried...
veniceit chapter 8 . 10/20/2012
A very heart breaking chapter. I feel so bad for Chance. With this whole redemption thing, this must have just set him back years.

Julia is going to find it hard to keep her promise, I have a feeling.

It would have been hard enough for Chance to deal with this before but to now find out that Jackie knew all along about the imposter, and she cared for him...will only make it harder.

Powerful stuff!
veniceit chapter 7 . 10/20/2012
Guerrero's last statement gave me goose pumps!

Still loving this story! It is amazing how you are pulling this all together.

I still admire how you describe the surroundings!
veniceit chapter 5 . 10/15/2012
Wow, this just keeps getting deeper. I wonder, where and how did you ever come up with this story line? Your mind works in a very interesting, good, way.

This idea, this concept...there a part of me that wants to beleive this is how it really happened, the writing is just that good.
veniceit chapter 4 . 10/15/2012
The way you describe their surroundings is absolutely beautiful. It's so enjoyable to read.

This is such an interesting story...in so many ways.

My heart breaks for Chance and Mrs Kennedy. It is just so sad...