Reviews for Catching Fire
Precira chapter 7 . 7/28/2013
It's a really good story! I'll keep on reading it on AO3, because I got kinda adicted to it. I especially appreciate the details during the interventions, even though I (being french) have some trouble understanding them most of the time but it shows you know your subject and it makes the story better. And the plot between Jim and Bones is one of the best I've ever read, the name Jocelyn actually being not what we thought it was at first was a great surprise! Anyway nice work, see you on AO3!
Lolita.Scova chapter 22 . 7/14/2013
You made me cry so many times...but in a good way. Well, it was bad because Jim got burned but it was good because I think it was the right move, even if I kinda hated you for about 2 chapters afterwards. xD Anyway, fantastic job with this story. Firefighters...I hate to sound cliche...but they're real life heroes. And a lot of people don't realize that they don't just fight fires. Anyway, great story. :)
Eris-R-Renee
Wolf of Summer chapter 22 . 7/5/2013
I just need to say how absolutely amazing this was. You put so much detail into it without making it overwelming, and I loved the AU twist.
Personally, I think that, for such a well-written story, it should have more favs and reviews...
Anyway, good luck with writing (and being a firefighter and EMT!) Keep up the great work!
velveteen habit chapter 22 . 5/31/2013
Fantastic, just awesome. I couldn't put it down (er... step away from the computer, as it were).
liz.wallis.984 chapter 22 . 5/15/2013
As a former EMT in a fire station, I really appreciated a story with precise and correct terminology and knowledgeable descriptions of situations. So many people try to "wing it," without really knowing what they're writing about, that it's refreshing to read something like this. It brought back a lot of memories.
LadyGrimR chapter 22 . 3/27/2013
I absolutely love the level of detail and I have to say you're awesome for being a firefighter yourself.
evilpinkpen chapter 22 . 1/19/2013
Just rediscovered this story after accidentally losing track of it, and it was even more epic than the first couple of chapters had promised. And, since it's now finished, I can add it to my C2 for completed J/B AUs. Yay! Thanks for sharing your world with us; it's a great drama, and a spectacular romance.
Verdreht chapter 4 . 12/12/2012
I just had to say before I keep reading - this is amazing. This is either unbelievably well-researched, or you're really good at making it sound that way. I'm thinking it's the former, but if it's the latter, that works, too. The characters are great and, well, IN character, which is good, and I like the storyline. And yeah, I could go on about how cool this is and how much I'm looking forward to reading the next...18 chapters, but my dinner's getting cold, so I should probably hop to that.

Like I said, though, kudos!
Chelsea Deanne chapter 22 . 11/27/2012
Very well-written story, and I'm glad you left the more technical/trivea bits for the author's notes area... so many people try to jam too much into the main story
DeepBlueSomewhere chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
After reading this on my phone, I had to come log in and find it again so I could leave a review.

As far as an old-fashioned entertaining read goes, I absolutely loved the whole thing. Jim angst and Bones emotional support are a few of my favorite things ever. Finding a fic with those elements that is also so very well-written pretty much makes my day.

The AU twist was what really hooked me, though: though I serve on a smaller scale volunteer department, I'm also a female firefighter and am always thrilled to meet others and read fics like this. With the attention to detail and realism... well, it was pretty much perfect. Kudos x 1million. I knew from the first chapter that you must be a firefighter or EMT, and had to keep reading to find out if I was right.

Now I need to find out if my department will get me a Go Girl, haha. I'm their first/only female member and half the time they don't know what to do with me... Most of my gear and even my dress uniform is men's.

I also felt the need to point out that one of my structure partners looks JUST like Cupcake from the movie. Thankfully not as much of an asshole, but... definitely close. I was thinking of him the entire time I was reading those scenes.

Sorry for all the hot air; that's just how thrilled I was to read this. Keep up the amazing work. Hope to see more like this from you. Cheers!

-DeepBlue
FRK921 chapter 5 . 11/17/2012
How did I NOT get that earlier?! I was trying to figure out why they couldn't divorce...but WOAH did NOT expect that!
JudithSykes chapter 22 . 11/17/2012
This is one of the best thought out, well written AU's I've had the pleasure of reading. Thank you for your hard work and amazing characterization of an idea!
Mrs. Tibbles chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
THIS is easily one of the BEST au ever written. Much love and (expectation) hope for more. Thank you so much for sharing!
messed up stargazer chapter 22 . 11/11/2012
Wow. That was great! I would've liked more Spock as Jim's friend but it was really good.
Tk chapter 22 . 11/8/2012
This is an amazing story. You should be very proud of yourself. Kudos - Truly!