Reviews for Love is patient, love is kind
kathy.seffron chapter 21 . 12/24/2014
Excellent story, thank-you for putting it up.
pernellsgirl chapter 23 . 11/21/2014
I don't understand this because in the rating page it has MA for adult viewing only. so why isn't fanfiction going by their own rules?
Lost Lady of Time chapter 22 . 11/14/2014
Oh my gosh... This was perfect. I loved it. Every. Last. Bit. Bravo!
MargretThornton chapter 22 . 8/18/2014
After finishing this lovely, very romantic story I want to tell you how much I enjoyed reading it. Regina is a very courageos, adorable and but also vulnerable young woman and Adam absolutely is some kind of a knight in a shining armor here. I loved you made them falling for each other without to much haste and with all the doubts, fears and hopes, that such a situation would cause, especially on Reginas behalf.
I am also glad everything went well in the end, especially that Reginsa father came to his senses. And reading about the Cartwright family brought memories from my childhood back to me, because everything appeared to be so familiar. I think you stayed true to every Cartwright character, even to Hop Sing.

I think Regina, Adam and Lovejoy will have a happy future together. And I am sure, Ben, Hoss and Joe will will like to have a female around in their house, even if she will be a little bossy on occassion.

You are a gifted writer, funnygirl, perhaps you could recommand one fo your stories to me, that can be read without knowing much about the original show ?
MargretThornton chapter 15 . 8/17/2014
Oh yes, give me more of this sweet and tender Adam/Regina moments. I love it, they are so cute together.
And it seems her mother is developing an independent opinion, hopefully for Reginas sake.
MargretThornton chapter 14 . 8/17/2014
Oh my, I had the sneaking suspicion something like this is going to happen. But that is the advantage of reading a finished story, I don not have to wait for an update, but can go straight to the next chapter. Which I will do gladly.

For everything else in this chapter: Wonderful, beautyful and written in the most thoughful and sensitive way. I am so happy for Adam and Regina and glad and relieved to see her finally ready to accept his declaration of love and his courtship.
They will need each other in the upcoming storm, I assume.
MargretThornton chapter 13 . 8/17/2014
funnygirl, a few hours ago, after I have reading this up to chapter 11, I left a review for this beautiful story. Now I have to realize it is not yet posted, which is a shame, because this review would have been some kind of continuation to my earlier review. Well, let us just hope it will appear somehow and is not lost into the depths of internet for good.

Originally I had decided to read some more chapters and then give another review. But after reading this very touching and lovely chapter I had to stop by and tell you, how much I love it. It is so beautifully written and full of emotion, I was holding my breath while reading.
You did this very well and I would like to repeat my impression from "God gave me you", you must be a very romantic woman !
Thank you so very much for this !
MargretThornton chapter 11 . 8/16/2014
funnygirl, you know how much I enjoyed reading your Guy/Meg stories. So I decided to have a look at your other work, but must admit I shamefully know next to nothing about most of the shows your are writing about. But then I stumpled over this and of course everybody in Germany knows "Bonanza". Also your summary filled me with curiosity and the title "Love is patient, love is kind" got me hooked. So I started reading and finished chapter 11 right now.

For I am halfway through this sweet and touching but also thoughtful story, I wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading it. There are one one hand the memories it brings back to me, for I was quite young when I watched it on tv and there is one the other hand your beautiful story with Adam as its hero. Another dark haired man in black, strong in appearance and presence. But so much more a knight in a shinning armor ( as you called him here ) than GoG ( though both have a similar tendency of overprotection when it comes to a woman they do care for). I am intrigued by your interpretation of Adam Cartwright and also by Regina, who is a strong character making a courageos decision and fighting for it. Plus she is fighting against her own family and unwelcomed suitors, which reminds me of Meg. While thinking about this, it occured to me, your Meg and Regina may have some more things in common. In fact I can see Meg making the same decision as Regina has. Plus both do have a crush for protective men in black.

I appreciate very much the thoughtful and sensible way you are building up a relation between Adam and Regina. I love the way he offers her protection, comfort and support and I love to see her grow used to his affections. I also loved his confession he is falling for her and her finally having built up enough trust to tell him about the rape. It is also nice to see her finding purpose in taking over a role as housekeeper.
They met under strange and unfavourable preconditions, but are trying their best to handle this situation and stay true to what they think is right.

I am also curious about the subplot about Mr Hope being an illegimitate child himself, about Reginas rapist searching for her and about the senator who still wants to marry her. I have the sneaking suspicion there is trouble ahead and I hope they will manage to face this and to come out of this even more stronger. And maybe more confident in their feelings for each other. Or maybe this last goes especially for Regina, because I think Adam is confident. He only tries to be careful.

So I am absolutely looking forward to read the second half of this beautiful love story. Oh and I think love can bloom out of the shadows of fear.
jinxcat21 chapter 15 . 1/23/2013
not a fan of "lovejoy". reminds me of the valet/butler from Titanic - the one that chased Rose and Jack around.
joesPrincess chapter 22 . 11/14/2012
Oh my goodness I LOVED it please continue this story I want to know the fate of josh and how Adam and lovejoy and regina all get along!
Guest chapter 22 . 10/14/2012
Beautiful story. Brilliantly written. I am a Adam fan and therefor probably will not be interested in the other stories, but this one featuring Adam, was very well done. Hope you write more Adam stories in the near future.
HossIsBoss chapter 22 . 10/13/2012
LOVED the ending! The vows were so sweet and I loved that Adam made sure to bring Lovejoy into them, accepting her as his daughter. Saw the picture of the dress and it's gorgeous. I'm so happy that Adam and Regina got to have a happy ending, I think they're made for one another and I definitely hope that you do expand their storyline, I would love to see into their lives as Lovejoy grows up. I'll warn you ahead of time, I may not read the Little Joe story, I didn't like Michael Landon in Bonanza (but strangely I liked him when he played on Little House On the Prairie, go figure!), but I look forward to reading the Hoss story when you get to it.
Sierra Rose 22 chapter 22 . 10/13/2012
Yea, they are married! I liked how Adam included Lovejoy in the vows. "A world of you and me, and I let no one invade it." So lovely and so like Adam to say. Great story!
ilovebonanza1964 chapter 22 . 10/13/2012
I love the story. I love the sweet and tender Adam. So don't be upset when I don't review the Joe and Hoss stories.
Guest chapter 22 . 10/12/2012
It would be interesting to see how the Cartwright men adjust to a newborn little girl - so I really hope that you continue this. I have really enjoyed your story!