Reviews for Let The New Era Of Vengeance Begin
bj chapter 4 . 7/23/2013
Oh, this is great! Probably your best so far (IMHO). So much potential! Jasmine is a great character-she's smart, she's a fighter, obviously as devout as her brother and very fond of him. I wonder how she'll feel about Damien hanging around with the Hunter? Will the king use her as bait to draw out Damien and his companion, or will he even need any? You've prepared us for the capture of one or both, and we know Calesta can do it. I don't see how they can battle Calesta without Karril's help-what will Karril be willing to do? Another daring rescue, another mad plan of Damien's and/or Tarrant's would be simply DELICIOUS! What happened with Davin? Will the king's mysterious mistress get her revenge, and what exactly is her problem, anyway? Who is she, what are her abilities? What makes her think she can take on the Hunter? Will the patriarch openly defy the king or - oh, maybe he'll have no better option than to conspire with Damien and Tarrant! Lovely irony! What will Hesseth's role be in all this-probably tied to Ciani, who is an adept, therefore a special target of the king and Calesta. And we haven't seen Calesta, yet. (Hmmm...too busy with Andrys at the moment? Though I'd be perfectly happy if Andrys didn't show his face in this story.) I don't know how this can be as short as 14 chapters-please, make it as long as you like-I'm loving it!

Kinda worried though-no updates in a while...hope you haven't abandoned it. :(
hobgoblin123 chapter 4 . 12/23/2012
Sadly I don't have time for writing a proper, elaborate review right now, but I have to tell you that this story is truly gorgeous. Loved the dialogue of Hesseth and the Hunter: "I have recently been... re-evaluating some of my previous views..." - "Good for you." That's just perfect. I can't help wondering about the connection between the Prophet and the Hallow's Eve Court... As usual Gerald and Damien are perfectly in character (and Hesseth as well), and especially the fourth chapter could be inserted into the books and nobody would notice a difference. Amazing!
silvereyedbitch chapter 4 . 12/22/2012
Ah, yes, such a tease you're being with this! Makes it all the better in the end really. I feel like the whole CFT was one big tease between those two, and then the ball got dropped and nothing happened. Phooey. So drag it out all you want, cuz there's no way anyone could do worse than the real series! Ha! I'm wondering what you're planning about Gerald's contract with the Unnamed... Will he dodge the bullet? Will he still go to hell? I can't imagine him dodging anything with how sweet he's treating Vryce lately, though. Eek!
As for Hesseth, I thought you did well here, too. I was just starting to wonder if she really would have such quick feelings of possible sympathy for one such as Gerald, but you got me with that one. Very nice. Can't wait for the next piece!
silvereyedbitch chapter 3 . 12/22/2012
Oooo, so far I am enjoying your additional character here. Wonder how Damien will react to having her and Tarrant in the same room?... Disaster potential there. Who would let a known killer of women near their sister, no matter how close they had gotten to him? Hee hee. Also, it always interests me to delve into the pasts of these characters from Friedman's novels, so the addition of a sibling to Damien's history only adds even more depth to your tale for me.
Though the Patriarch was never a character I was wont to show much interest in, you do him a good turn with this version of events. And it adds a bit more flavor to the chase and pursuit rather than just "Oh, look, here they come" as can happen in stories where one doesn't feel like taking the time to develop the feel of the imagery and emotions passing through the players. And now, I'm off to read chapter 3!
Herdcat chapter 4 . 12/21/2012
I really enjoyed the new chapters - Vryce's sister is awesome - I love the idea of a more shadowy order that serves the darker part of the fae - I love the patriarch's uncertainty and Tarrant is really well written as always - it was also the best portrayal of Hesseth I have ever read - this is a really awesome story!
silvereyedbitch chapter 2 . 10/23/2012
Whoo! Can't wait for the next installment! Think I'd just curl up and die if I had to face the Forest. Whatta idiot! :)
Herdcat chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
this is AWESOME! I love love love this story - more pleasy?
hobgoblin123 chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
You did it! Congrats for writing the 100th Coldfire fic! You really kept the fandom going for the last months and deserve that honour. ;-). Very interesting beginning of the story, and I'm looking forward to read more. At the moment I just stagger from my bed to my desk and back again, dreading surgery, and my muse has deserted me completely, so reading one of your stories brightens up a dreary time a bit. Hope you update soon!
WereBunny87 chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Oooooo I like where this is going! Great job! I look forward to where this is going :3
Herdcat chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
ooh I love this - I like the king and cool name btw and the mistress is intriguing - one of the hunters past victims or calesta? I can't tell but either way so awesome - I love the idea that they would actually try Damien in a court of law - it makes sense that associating with the Hunter's servants would be against human laws - and I like the idea that fae workers and monarchy would clash - adepts seem to be prickly sorts that think themselves above human laws so stands to reason there would be some resentment - brilliant story I eagerly await updates!