Reviews for The Lost Summer
Hobbyfarmer chapter 5 . 5/27
Fun FLuffy story. Great. I thought Harry should have ended with Just Hermione and Zoe, But who would not pass the opportunity LOL
Hobbyfarmer chapter 3 . 5/27
Great story. I love it
NarutosBrat chapter 4 . 5/25
One thing I do have to applaud Ron on in this, is that he realized the monumental mistake he made, the consequences for it, and accepted them as part and parcel, rather than placing blame as we normally see in these types of situations in both canon and fanfiction. I kind of wish, that as the only one of the three who screwed to actually get a clue, he might have at least gotten a little better of a future.

I have to agree with the Edmund guy who reviewed. The following sections- Much to Ginny's-he never did, Truer words-Burrow again, Ron Weasley-lackluster life, As for Arthur-ever month- would have been better served being placed in an epilogue of some sort, with just their thoughts finishing this chapter out.
TheSandyToadfish chapter 5 . 3/16
Pretty good. The last two chapters seem rushed and completely different to the first three. I mean, Ron changes personality on a dime. It seems like you suddenly decided it was going to be a Harem story and just kind of jury righed an ending together out of various cliches. Anyway, I quite liked it regardless.
Dave Cochrane chapter 5 . 2/8
You know this is a really good story and I'm glad that I have read it.

DaveC
Runecutter chapter 5 . 1/12
For starters... as a light read for distracting from the burdens of life it was an amazing story, fun, fluffy with some nice OCs and a lot of pretty convincing development... If you're just looking for a short story to spend some time just having fun while reading this is the kind you should look for.
I'm even happy as this is one of the few readable stories where Harry does not get together with a co-student at Hogwarts (right away) and i liked some developments like Harry halfway through the story admitting that he did not wait for the others to return to Hogwarts but has already taken and passed his NEWTS. Great ideas and wonderfully presented too.

However, as a serious story it has got some major problems... the first is too many clichés. Veela. Millionaires. Royalty. Manors a dozen. Hermione first needing her heart to be broken to find to Harry... not to forget nudist!Hermione much of the story reads like catalogue shopping for Harmony-fans "Oh in this story i liked that and i'd love to have that part of that story too..." and while some clichés will be found in most stories and a small number of them might be tolerable, the total amount in here is mind staggering.
And flatly... the Veela are total Mary-Sues. Flawless, incredibly beautiful but also funny, wealthy, all around wonderful... and thus predestined for our hero and it's pretty much love on the first sight... Ginny who? indeed ;)

While nobody can say the story does contain NO conflict with the little kerfuffel over "the Queen's test" and the fallout at the Burrow it's a bit weak to carry a whole story. Harry has no real hardships to overcome, no leftovers from the war (Although PTSD is also a bit overdone in fanfics it IS a valid consequence of having carried the weight of the world on your shoulders and to have fought such decisive battles as Harry is described here), no real struggle over falling out of love with Ginny and to assume that living in wizarding France so openly would not get the press on his tails is also a bit naive. Even if they'd not build quite as high pedestals for the Man-Who-Won, they'd at least see him as notable in the public court and would die to get some photos of him in his swimtrunks or witha girl at his side...

So while i've loved the story for it's sunny atmosphere and cheery tones i'm also a bit aching as i can see the basis for a much much greater story if only it would loose all those pesky clichés... Let go of the Arthurian legend and the queen of Veela (the niece of the Queen and her family treated that shabby at the wedding? Would never happen without war breaking out. Just the same as with the popular "Fleur's dad is the french Minister for Magic") level down the real estate catalogue and heaps of gold at Gringotts to somewhat more believable levels and far from "the richest" anywhere... make the girl something more down to earth and with some flaws that can cause trouble too.. maybe headstrong or spoiled, maybe too full of herself and thus instantly claiming Harry as safe catch when he is all but that due to his immunity to the Allure... heck you could just give her a dorky laugh that totally throws Harry off the first time he hears it but can become adorable if you're no longer surprised by it...
And although I'm a big fan of Hermione... no marriage a trois. That is so absolutely boringly overdone in HP fandom and the "reasoning" for it here was rather thin.
Instead you should press forward the absolute strengths of the story... the complete trust the little Veelas instantly have to their "big brother" the assertive side Harry developes over the time he spends alone after the victory... and probably also the crumbling relations to all the Weasleys that do not even think they need to say "thanks".

There's giant potential in this little lovely fic to become an epic work of fanfiction, you just have to have the courage to really try to make it a honest story not a half-parody of the 100 most used fandom clichés... And now i'll go and put it on my "to reread when you're really down and need some cheering up" list :D
pfeil chapter 5 . 12/21/2014
So he got Hermione and three young Veela? Lucky guy :)

Love the little note about the grail.
Sixstringsamurai83 chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
You named one.. of the Honorable Goblin Nation.. Grab ass..
brilliant.
-jesse-
hubriswriter chapter 5 . 12/13/2014
I don't know that I've enjoyed a short story more than this one for quite some only real complaint would be for more backstory on Zoe just to equalize her somewhat with Gabrielle and Hermione. Really glad I found it.
omh666 chapter 5 . 12/12/2014
Was going to mention how this chapter just feels rushed, but with the time you wrote it in, and the fact this was the last chapter... It makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the read.
Noble Korhedron chapter 5 . 12/9/2014
Hmm, the ending was quite abrupt, but overall it was interesting.
Tommy14 chapter 5 . 12/6/2014
Thanks for the entertaining and fun read.
Von chapter 5 . 12/5/2014
I guess those girls really knew a good genetic source when they saw one. ;)

Thanks for the entertaining read.
LWJ2 chapter 5 . 10/29/2014
Very enjoyable, thank you. I think you handled Ginny and Molly well, and drew them appropriately.
DonPJuan chapter 5 . 10/28/2014
very good fic keep up the great work.