Reviews for crushed veneer
AmberHerondale chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
That was incredibly sad, and incredibly well done.
Nimue chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
This the the most beautiful and saddest story in this fandom. Wow. Can't stop my tears. You are talented and the way you write is quite emotional and elegant. You understand this characters so bad it hurts my broken heart. Well done, this story is a true pearl. Greetings from Italy.
QuickSilverFox3 chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
*weeps* Excuse me while I'm overcome by feelings TT This is beautiul!
Miss Light Bright chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
How sad!
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
Oh, this was just so good and so sad and just...wonderful. Amazing job!
monkkeyslut chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
oh my fucking god wow dicey wow nice ouch
agayzong chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
This was just so...overwhelming and angsty and so in character, and I just adored this fic even though it broke my heart. As soon as I saw "Hell is made of the spaces that Jem Carstairs left behind", I knew I had to read this. I like to think that when Jem died, Will would be there for him to at least say a proper good-bye to his parabatai, live on with Tessa and trying to be happy because that's just what Jem would want him to do, but in the back of my mind, I don't know if it would turn out like that. Your fic describes just that opposite situation and you wrote it just so splendidly.

Lines such as "I refuse to be anyone's replacement, especially not someone as exceptional as Jem Carstairs" and "He hopes that he never wakes up, but of course he does" were just so precisely placed and they just kept adding up until that sad, sinking feeling grew. My favorite (or, rather, the one that hit home the most was in the second section where Will said he would undo everything just to have one more day with Jem. I appreciate how you weren't going for the happy and hopeful version after Jem died. You wrote will in a way that was so honest and showed just fundamentally lost and broken he would be after his parabatai's death to the point of tragedy and self-destruction.

I swear I was a tear stained mess after reading this. I've actually read this at least once a day for the past few days and each time it just invokes the same pain. You are amazing for writing such a heartbreakingly touching fic. So much love and appreciate for this!
truces chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Oh my goodness. This is gorgeous. The scene with Magnus and how Will realized he was in love and... ugggghhhh you are really, really good! The only mistake I saw was how it said the violin case was open, and it was waiting for Jem to open it again. Otherwise, flawless. :D
PlennyCinna chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Sad...
LarkspursxSong chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
I'm just about to bawl my eyes out! This was beautifully written! The ending just broke my heart!
adamantina-lj chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Oh, my God.
That's just awesome. Like really, really awesome.
It's so sad and realistic and dramatic and...
I love your writing style.
Now, if you excuse me, I'll go cry myself to sleep ç.ç
Compliments!
rebeccajayne12 chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Wow, this is so heartbreaking. That's not to say it isn't amazing because really it is. This is just how I imagine Will handling the loss. I don't think I can say anything more than: it's perfect.
shey chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
wow. that does sounds like something will would do if jem would die. (not that I want him to of course.) Very nice job with this write. It's so sad and tragic.
turtleducklings chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
DICEY OH MY GOD I HATE YOU

I HATE YOU SO MUCH

THIS IS UNFAIR THIS IS CHEATING AND I HATE YOU

(But not really, because, you know.)

What even was that ending oh my god. WHY. Can you just stop please ok thank you.

[The violin case is open and there are books scattered on the floor, as if waiting for Jem to come and open them again.

Nothing is moved from the last time that Will saw this place. Nothing has been touched at all, and if Will didn't feel like the better half of himself was ripped away, leaving what was left behind to bleed to death, Will would think that Jem is just downstairs.]

Oh my god I'm crying this is so beautiful and it's really very extremely unfair how gorgeous your writing is.

Jem is my favorite character and I reallyreally love Will and this whole thing just ripped my heart out. Can you just. Not? Please?

My favorite part was the ending because holy god. All your sentences are understated and it works and. And. I really love this and it's bringing back a ton of TID feels that I had previously forgotten existed and I'm crying because Will/Jem otp.

This was lovely, as always 3
Masquerading with Shadows chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
God, this was gorgeous, and completely in character too. The destructive way Will loves Jem, will put him above literally everything else is done so beautifully in this. I absolutely loved how Will would undo all the lives he saved to just have Jem for one more day; it's heartbreakingly realistic and it's the complete opposite to Jem, and of course Will knows that and he hates himself even more for it. His relationship with Tessa was also great, and probably better than how Cassie herself will write it (eye roll), because of course, Will would remind both of them of Jem and all the feelings of loss and resentment and everything else that accompanies that. I also really loved Charlotte and Sophie (yay for Sophie/Gideon!) in this fic too, they were really in character. And Magnus! God, he was perfect too.

Basically, this fic was glorious and I promise you that one day (hopefully soon) I will write you one too. Also I was fangirling all the way through when reading this and some of the lines honestly made my heartache, particularly the line about Jem loving Tessa more than he loved Will. Ugh, just adkashdasdh. Brilliant. Thank you.