Reviews for crushed veneer
MockingjayWithFangs chapter 1 . 6/25
You should re read this story as there are some careless errors, such as punctation, typos and the violin case being open waiting for Jem to open it.
I adored this story. You captured all the characters so well, the scene with Magnus was great and so in character.
The way Will dealt with Jem's death felt so authentic, a downward spiral of destruction that was most definently not what Jem would have wanted, that made Will feel even more guilty.
This story was full of heartbreaking quotes, like Will trading everything to spend one more day with Jem and the downworlders actually pitying Will.
I really enjoyed that you took Tessa out of the equation and that this really focused on Will/Jem.
The last section was my favourite, everything came full circle.
The summary was really pretty.
I had tears rolling down my face while reading this.
Keep writing, this was beautiful.
This review is part of Caesar's palace reviewathon.
AmberHerondale chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
That was incredibly sad, and incredibly well done.
Nimue chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
This the the most beautiful and saddest story in this fandom. Wow. Can't stop my tears. You are talented and the way you write is quite emotional and elegant. You understand this characters so bad it hurts my broken heart. Well done, this story is a true pearl. Greetings from Italy.
QuickSilverFox3 chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
*weeps* Excuse me while I'm overcome by feelings TT This is beautiul!
Miss Light Bright chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
How sad!
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
Oh, this was just so good and so sad and just...wonderful. Amazing job!
monkkeyslut chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
oh my fucking god wow dicey wow nice ouch
agayzong chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
This was just so...overwhelming and angsty and so in character, and I just adored this fic even though it broke my heart. As soon as I saw "Hell is made of the spaces that Jem Carstairs left behind", I knew I had to read this. I like to think that when Jem died, Will would be there for him to at least say a proper good-bye to his parabatai, live on with Tessa and trying to be happy because that's just what Jem would want him to do, but in the back of my mind, I don't know if it would turn out like that. Your fic describes just that opposite situation and you wrote it just so splendidly.

Lines such as "I refuse to be anyone's replacement, especially not someone as exceptional as Jem Carstairs" and "He hopes that he never wakes up, but of course he does" were just so precisely placed and they just kept adding up until that sad, sinking feeling grew. My favorite (or, rather, the one that hit home the most was in the second section where Will said he would undo everything just to have one more day with Jem. I appreciate how you weren't going for the happy and hopeful version after Jem died. You wrote will in a way that was so honest and showed just fundamentally lost and broken he would be after his parabatai's death to the point of tragedy and self-destruction.

I swear I was a tear stained mess after reading this. I've actually read this at least once a day for the past few days and each time it just invokes the same pain. You are amazing for writing such a heartbreakingly touching fic. So much love and appreciate for this!
truces chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Oh my goodness. This is gorgeous. The scene with Magnus and how Will realized he was in love and... ugggghhhh you are really, really good! The only mistake I saw was how it said the violin case was open, and it was waiting for Jem to open it again. Otherwise, flawless. :D
PlennyCinna chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
LarkspursxSong chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
I'm just about to bawl my eyes out! This was beautifully written! The ending just broke my heart!
adamantina-lj chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Oh, my God.
That's just awesome. Like really, really awesome.
It's so sad and realistic and dramatic and...
I love your writing style.
Now, if you excuse me, I'll go cry myself to sleep ç.ç
rebeccajayne12 chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Wow, this is so heartbreaking. That's not to say it isn't amazing because really it is. This is just how I imagine Will handling the loss. I don't think I can say anything more than: it's perfect.
shey chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
wow. that does sounds like something will would do if jem would die. (not that I want him to of course.) Very nice job with this write. It's so sad and tragic.
turtleducklings chapter 1 . 9/24/2012

(But not really, because, you know.)

What even was that ending oh my god. WHY. Can you just stop please ok thank you.

[The violin case is open and there are books scattered on the floor, as if waiting for Jem to come and open them again.

Nothing is moved from the last time that Will saw this place. Nothing has been touched at all, and if Will didn't feel like the better half of himself was ripped away, leaving what was left behind to bleed to death, Will would think that Jem is just downstairs.]

Oh my god I'm crying this is so beautiful and it's really very extremely unfair how gorgeous your writing is.

Jem is my favorite character and I reallyreally love Will and this whole thing just ripped my heart out. Can you just. Not? Please?

My favorite part was the ending because holy god. All your sentences are understated and it works and. And. I really love this and it's bringing back a ton of TID feels that I had previously forgotten existed and I'm crying because Will/Jem otp.

This was lovely, as always 3