Reviews for The Prince of Swords
Shikaku Zetsumei chapter 11 . 9/9/2015
This is an excellent and well written story. I really hope you find the inspiration to continue as it is always a shame to see interesting stories go unfinished. Your writing style is good and the storytelling is engaging which make it all the harder to hit the last chapter and realize it's been over two years since the last update.

-Zetsumei
Koukaku chapter 11 . 8/24/2015
I loved this! Please continue!
Vegeta the 3rd chapter 11 . 8/20/2015
It's a little hard how to start a review and put this to words, but I enjoyed reading up to this point. Sword Art Online is a popular anime/light novel with a lot of interesting elements, but the characters themselves were a mixed bag. Many fans liked how cool Kirito was, others thought of him as an esccapist character. Not just because of his great skill in playing video games but how girls flocked to him. Still, he's not as perfect as others believe, and when you look past the power fantasy, his motives in being the best are justified, and his kindness towards others (especially the fairer sex) is endearing. He doesn't even hold grudges to people trying to screw him over, like Coper or Diabel, and regrets every red player he's killed.

Which brings me to Sinon, who is the star in this current chapter. I'm glad she was worked into SAO this early as opposed to GGO because she was not only a unique character but vital for Kirito's own development. How she killed someone, how she tried so hard to cope with it, how she felt alone and would probably stay that way.

Harems, polyamory, the idea honestly intrigues me but most of the time it's done with the idea of kinky threesome/moresome sex than actual platonic love. Like any real relationship, it takes time and interaction to grow. The closest we ever got so far is a hug or two here, but the bonding scenes were just as endearing. Asuna is the motherly family cook not afraid to give Kirito a piece of her mind, Argo is the teasing older sister informant who has since mellowed out, Lizbeth is the blunt blacksmith with newfound confidence, and Silica is the innocent tank who tries hard to compensate her age difference. They each have a unique dynamic to the once humble guild.

I admit, I was a bit surprised to see the guild topic handled as it was. Kirito attempted to go solo but the girls wouldn't let him. The Black Cats get another tragic tale but on on a lone victim instead of a total party kill. Poor Sachi this time feels responsible for Ducker's death, and we haven't heard from her since the revive item quest. Speaking of which, it makes sense here why Sinon would have been interested in the rumor. Poor Hana and Kyou. All I hope was that the quest was completed and not in vain (not that I blame Sinon for not caring enough about it after another tragedy like that).

Admittedly, I came for wanting a GOOD multi or harem story, but I ended up staying for the altered plotline, where Kirito DOESN'T hold back on the fear of being judged or ostracized. This time his problem isn't being the sole "beater" and scapegoat, but a key leader among the clearers. And like in last chapter, it means he's very much responsible for a lot more lives than he intended earlier back in SAO canon. Kirito here still has fear of screwing up but doesn't have the idea of just distancing himself will make it less painful when he does.

I know personally that writing doesn't come as naturally as some people think. I won't hold it against you because the story hasn't updated in 2 years since this review. All I wish for is to see the same high quality storytelling when you make a comeback. I'll be waiting until then.

Happy writing,
-Vegeta the 3rd
Ruinous Crow chapter 11 . 8/17/2015
Thank you so much for writing a harem story how it should be written - as in, the female characters are actually characters who have screen time and are not just facets of a wish fulfilment. Appending that to the excellent writing, world building, and character development, and this has been the only mc/multi pairing fanfic I've enjoyed as a discerning member of the female persuasion.
Sly chapter 11 . 8/14/2015
Great fanfic! Even though I don't think the main claim was quite accurate, it wass still an excellent read! The OOC Kirito made for some major changes! Keep up the good work!
Ta ta for now!
-Sly
Guest chapter 3 . 8/11/2015
Good chapter but I would of liked it better if kirito beat the boss solo like in the anime on the first floor
BloodRedPhantom chapter 6 . 8/11/2015
It was really funny and cute when the girls had the conversation about Kirito right in front of him. XD He was an adorable, blushing mess.
BloodRedPhantom chapter 5 . 8/10/2015
I'm so glad you let Kirito win that dual. I always thought he deserved to win in the show. :)
BloodRedPhantom chapter 1 . 8/8/2015
This is amazing. xD Kirito being badass and getting all of the ladies is the best.
Guest chapter 11 . 8/6/2015
Can u please start writing again for this story. This is one of the best sao fanfics right now and you are letting down all your fans for just giving up on the story. I know u probably don't read these reviews anymore but if u do can u continue on with the story since it will satisfy all the fans that want this story to continue.
ForgottenPrince chapter 11 . 8/5/2015
Amazing story. By far one of the best SAO stories I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

Regards Prince
Crimiduck chapter 10 . 8/3/2015
I realise that you're probably never even going to read this, but it's worth a try anyways:

'The Prince of Swords' is by far the best fanfiction I've ever read. I'm extremely sad that you seemingly abandoned the story. (And looking at the reviews, it seems I'm not exactly the only one...)

Please, please, PLEASE, for the sake of all your fans (including me) continue your story! Please!
I can't say please enough to express just how much I would love it if you'd write another chapter. Please.

PS: This review is posted for chapter 10 because I already reviewed chapter 11, and I'm not sure how to remove it...

PLEASE!
DeadMan31TRG chapter 11 . 8/1/2015
This was such a wonderful story!
The best i have ever read.
But why would you end it like that!
zachary2 chapter 10 . 7/25/2015
Dam, if only kirito had grinded to lvl 160 or something, then he could 'ave soloed the boss.
syndorias cinders chapter 1 . 7/19/2015