Reviews for The Prince of Swords
Guest chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
Well at the very least, Heathcliff didn't bother to cheat, but to be found so early on would be a terrible disaster for him. The game would end oh too fast. I wonder if the people who tried to live in the game will be getting any hate for it, after all they get to live comfortable lives while others are risking their lives trying to escape
Mad Random Writer chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
Argo selling photos and such a thing of her own guild members, how sly. I bet it's the main source of income.

Klein scene was funny, will look forward how you will embarrass him next.

The battle were good and I enjoyed. You left me curious about how the Laughing Coffin will be presented. And for some reason I have a weird felling about this Sansa, he is part of a red guild?
SatoshiKyu chapter 2 . 10/28/2012
I was under the impression that this story was intended to show (in the style of 'for want of a nail') what might happen if Kirito was more confident in himself, which makes me wonder why you're altering things that could be in no way effected by his confidence level.

[quote] Dual-Wielding. Something that every single player in «SAO» was allowed to do at a large cost. «Sword Skills»; the only 'magic' type skill that you were allowed to use could not be activated while dual-wielding. A severe handicap since «Sword Skills» did considerably more damage than just slashing at a monster. [/quote]

... Why? The actual mechanic is so much better than this-why the hell would you change it? "This Kirito accepts that he is gifted, so let's take away the one thing he has that conflict over for the entirety of the first volume." Why would he be conflicted about being gifted if there's nothing to stand him out from the crowd? In addition, having dual-wielding be available to everyone completely defeats Kayaba's purpose in creating it, as it's supposed to be the hero's skill only. It goes to the person with the fastest reflexes, which is one of those big things that sets Kirito apart from everyone else. This is what I mean by changing unrelated things-why would Kirito's confidence level have any affect on Kayaba's decisions pertaining to the unique skills? If he wasn't going to make it a unique skill, I think he probably would have thrown it out altogether-he needed something specific to give The Hero an edge, not some pathetic knock-off that everyone and their dementia-ridden grandmother could use.

Moreover, not being able to use sword skills while dual-wielding is completely ridiculous. What about later, in ALO, when Kirito learns to chain one-handed skills together? Ya gonna kill that, too? Dual-wielding is SUPPOSED to be a little overpowered-that's kinda why it's a skill given only to Kirito, who can handle it because he's The Ace. There's absolutely no justifiable reason to go dumbing it down like this, to be perfectly honest. Might as well nerf Heathcliff's Absolute Defense and let everyone use that one, too. "Anyone can block any incoming attack with a shield, but at a large price-they are unable to swing their sword at all while blocking. This completely defeats the purpose of using a sword and shield in every conceivable way, but somehow we're convinced that it makes perfect sense."

Everything else in this story is rather enjoyable, but I cannot let the pointless altering of sword skills go unmentioned.
Silent Gale chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
Nice chapter as always. Like I said before, the length is fine. If you're really worrying about chapter length it should be about maintaining this 10K limit each chapter now.

Glad to see that you're actually using Diabel for something. I take it he's basically Asuna's replacement since now she's with Kirito.

I'm actually surprised about the duel between Kirito and Heathcliff. I'm almost positive that Kirito would have lost if Heathcliff cheated the system which he didn't. Is it because it's still too early he didn't? Then again I'm still wondering if they both have their Unique Skills. If Heathcliff didn't then ya in a straight fight it would easily go to Kirito. But Kirito's been using two swords for awhile so I'm not even sure if you gave him the skill yet.

All in all another great chapter. And surprisingly I'd say that this chapter is the one that doesn't need a beta (but that's my opinion).
XoreandoX chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
Interesting choice to give Kirito Dual Wield so early in the game, since he mentioned that he picked it up sometime a little more than a year into the game. I definitely see things are going to be taking a turn in the later floors. Definitely looking forward to seeing if you intend to give Kirito Dark Repulser before Elucidator since he receives the latter on the 50th Floor as opposed to Kirito back tracking to the 48th Floor to pick up the ingot to make the blade, then again Lizbeth also needs to build up her blacksmithing skill to be able to make it as powerful as it was in the light novels. Either way anxiously waiting for the next chapter of The Prince of Swords, so until then; Keep on Writing.
Arch1medes chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
Great chapter as usual! Loved the description of the final duel! Can't wait till next time!
KaiserBlak chapter 4 . 10/28/2012
Oh yeah forgot to post this in the previous review but didn't the army only fall out of the frontlines after they suffer a terrible loss fighting the 25 boss
Is there even an Army?
KaiserBlak chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
Well I didn't think it was wordy at all. It was a great chapter too.

But at the duel something was off to me, that is when I realized that kirito was only using one sword when you said he drew two out. I had always assumed that he was always using two swords.

Btw us the cloaked figure PoH?
The Fool's Journey chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
Great chapter, I like how the dynamics of the frontlines are changing with the presence of the Royal Swords. The duels were awesome, especially Kirito's... and dat Argo! :D
En chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
I thought, Silica was called "Dragon Tamer Silica?"
Lucem Yoru chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
I don't think it was "too wordy". Reading this story is still incredibly enjoying and the interactions between the guilds and the fights were very well put together.
Jacula chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
Haha, great chapter. Fight scenes were well described and everything else was good! I'll try not to keep you waiting too long for War of Kazuto.
BoB teh Snail chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
It was an awesome chapter! And to tel you the truth, I thought it was beta'd already haha
chad001 chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
This was pretty good. I liked how Heathcliff wasn't a cheating asshole in this one, big improvement. Also, 13k is "wordy" but not "too wordy", it can be as long or as short as you want, so long as you feel you've transmitted everything you wanted to express in that chapter. It's all about how much you can actually put into the chapter. So yeah, 13k is fine so long as: a) you like it and b) you take out any unnecessary padding (it's 13k because you felt that you needed 13k to express what you wanted to, not because you felt you needed 13k words). So from what I see here, it's fine, keep up the great work!
KailSakray chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
delicious as always. at 25 floor the boss is immensely harder than before. how the player anticipating it.
i'm curious.