Reviews for The nicest man on earth
spottedhorse chapter 4 . 10/13/2012
I'm still not giving up on them, lol. But I think you did a lovely job with it all.
Lady Kiddymonster chapter 4 . 10/13/2012
Well written and totally heart-breaking. I find the Mary & Matthew scenes boring.
Lady Thomas chapter 3 . 10/7/2012
Differences are what makes the world go round. I think it's important that we be tolerant of peeps and their reasons for attraction and I don't think anyone's reasons for liking the character or the couple are anymore valid than anyone else's.

I know that R. Bathurst had a comment published in the Daily Mail this weekend where he stated that episode three was his last. Now, if the Christmas special is not considered part of the season, he could very well appear in it. I know The Sun had an article over the summer where he said, or it said, he was to be in the Christmas special. The way things are looking, I am not holding out too much hope for this couple. If he appears in the Christmas special, it is most likely a closure scene. Spottedhorse, if you read this review, could you send me a link to the interview where he said he was going to have to go into hiding? LOL If anything, you know he and L Carmichael know a LOT of people were disappointed. It's sad because I think they could have done a lot with them as a couple. They could have even made it an unrequited love thing and their having them get together later. Oh darn!
ReadingFF chapter 3 . 10/7/2012
I liked your story. However, I think you need to be less judgemental towards other people's tastes and intorant comments are what are truly sad. Differences are what makes the world go round. Who are you to decide who has the most geniune reasons for liking this character? Either way, the story was interesting.
spottedhorse chapter 3 . 10/7/2012
I think it is odd that he was listed for episodes 1-3, not 4, and then shows up on the listings again for 5 til the end of the season. It does give me hope. An interview I read had him joking about the wedding. It was just before the episode aired and he said he was going into hiding because the fans would be after him for what he did. But he wouldn't say wht it was he did, lol. I get a sense that Bathurst is a very funny fellow from reading his various interviews. I do hope that he catches on here as an actor so we get to see more of him in America.

As for their age difference, I think it is what makes their relationship work. He sees her in a way the men of her generation wouldn't appreciate.
Baron Munchausen chapter 2 . 10/7/2012
Thank heavens he's still alive! Thank you. On the subject of Anthony and Edith's age gap and whether we will see him again, I think that this storyline is particularly close to Julian Fellowes's heart. His wife is 14 years his junior. And he is not exactly an oil painting; much less handsome than Anthony Strallan. I think Anthony is his alter ego in the show. Who ever gives up their alter ego? BTW, my wife is 30 (yes, you heard me) years my junior, so I know whereof I speak. {Do you think I sound as though I'm trying to convince myself? No, me neither.}
Baron Munchausen chapter 3 . 10/7/2012
This is wonderful. Please do write the Anthony chapter. I'm sure you are right that it is needed to balance the wonderful things you have said from Edith's point of view. You changed my interpretation of the what Anthony said "I should have stopped it long ago. I tried to stop it." I thought he was blaming Edith for continuing to pursue him, but I think your interpretation is much more in character. Thank you for showing me that.
Lady Kiddymonster chapter 3 . 10/7/2012
Please don't give up, at least wait until the series ends. This was so beautiful.
Lady Kiddymonster chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
Oh this was heart-breaking and i hope that you are wrong. It seems so wrong. Matthew got back the use of his legs so why can't Anthony get back he use of his arm.

I hope you are wrong. They are not even mentioned in this week's tv guide write up.

Please read my new story Difficult Decision, 5 chapters up so far.
MimiK chapter 2 . 10/3/2012
You put my thoughts in writing. At least he is not dead. So, there is still hope. Thank you for this lovely chapter!
Lady Thomas chapter 2 . 10/1/2012
Like the previous reviewer, I have also seen the quote in the book. From what I can tell, it is the only Anthony/Edith thing in the book that did not air in the show. I think this was a deleted scene, is about someone else, or is yet to happen.
Frankly, I can't see them getting back together after this. It was too bad and it's the second time he has caved due to the age gap worries. How could she ever trust him? I guess time will tell with what happens in the series.

On another note, I love yours and all the other fanfics. It is, sadly, quite alternate universe now. However, I love them and they are great characters and the way they should have been.
witchcat chapter 2 . 10/1/2012
Well I am fairly hopeful we will see him again. Both Laura and JFK talk about having a journey this season that allows her to grow and there is a quote in the book of her talking to him and saying she doesn't love him in spite of him but because of his arm. She wants him to be her life's work...to paraphrase...and having just checked this seasons episodes that scene hasn't happened. Maybe it cut, but it seems unlikely if the felt it significant enough to quote it.
I am still hoping for her to be given options but realise it really is him she wants, not just to be married
Well done with the story
emma chapter 2 . 10/1/2012
Love this story because you manage to nail Edith's hope for the future so well as I am one of the few E and A supporters that are still confident that Edith and Anthony will eventually get back together and will live happily ever after. I love that you manage to paint Edith as positive and she comes across as not being defeatist because Anthony jilted her I think she will come back bigger better and stronger and I think Sir Anthony will have a tough time getting her back but I believe that they are destined to be together
spottedhorse chapter 2 . 10/1/2012
Haven't watched it yet but read the spoilers and was soooo disappointed that backed out. Poor Edith! But like you, I am keeping my fingers crossed that Julian Fellowes isn't done with them yet. And I am so glad you made Chapter 1 an awful nightmare and not what happened. Nicely done.
Charlotte chapter 2 . 9/30/2012
You're right, it could have been a lot worse. I'm still so sad though, why can't Edith ever get her happiness? :( She looked beautiful too. I hope they end up getting together but apparently Anthony is leaving, don't hold me to it though. Still in shock *cries*