Reviews for Dempsey & Makepeace: Art For Art's Sake
NightOwl22 chapter 60 . 18h ago
Nice chapter with a perfect balance of humor, plot and implied romance. Just when we thought they had the case almost wrapped up, that pesky Billy Higgins gets away. Darn! Poor Dempsey, if he'd only been in a better shape.

I really liked the beginning of the chapter with both of them in the car and Dempsey mouthing the words to the Chris Rhea song, as well as Harry's subtle reaction. Clever tie in to the title of the chapter.

Was it only me who thought at first that the time they spent in the bathroom they were doing something *other* than putting the pregnant suit on Harry, or do I have a dirty mind? ;P It is endearing the way they are both stepping on eggshells when it comes to the subject matter, and yet, it is clear that their relationship has transcended to another level. At least they talk to each other at this point.

I particularly loved the way they cornered Billy Higgins with that passive aggressive intimidation, so typical of them. Very true to the show. I enjoyed seeing them stepping into their cop shoes during that scene. And when the chap takes flight, this line was just brilliant: "Oh, hell!" Makepeace groaned although Dempsey's response was a little less restrained." LOL! (I can only imagine...)

I'm curious as to how the rest of the scene is going to unfold now that Paul Masters has come into the picture, hmmmmm...

A couple of more chapters to go. I'm sad to see this one come to an end, but very, VERY excited to hear about your next project. Thank you so much for bringing us such wonderful (and juicy) entertainment. :)
aunt sal chapter 60 . 3/29
Even with a fecked up hand, 20 mins is a bit long to just do up a few press studs. Can we please have a flashback or complete chapter on toilet antics? Showdown time is a coming. "Why did you sleep with Masters honey?"
I love Gloria but I think she might get the handbag out when she finds out they are not married or pregnant.
Must be time for the next chapter now #please
Angervo chapter 60 . 3/20
I loved this chapter, as it took us back where this story started from and it had Gloria in it. And the baby bump. I wonder what is Billys role in all this - and what will Paul Masters do when Harry reveals her true identity. Impatiently waiting for the next chapter :)
Castlefan68 chapter 60 . 3/20
Sad this story is coming to an end, hope Dempsey shoulder is better by the final chapter!
suzywoo70 chapter 60 . 3/19
Can't wait for it to reach its conclusion but are we going to see any action before the end. His shoulder is getting in the way. Brilliant as always. Looking forward to the follow up story too.
sophiesworld2 chapter 60 . 3/18
Thanks for the update.

So I wonder what Paul is going to think now that he realises that Harry/Odette isn't who she said she was?

I still haven't got a clue what Billy's real involvement is here, so I can't wait to read the upcoming chapters to learn all of the answers, and I'm very excited to hear that you're already planning a follow on from this story.

Keep up the good work!
alex77-d chapter 60 . 3/18
Don't know if I'm happier because they'll soon be together or because you already have ideas for a new story...
Many Thanks!
abeed chapter 60 . 3/18
Woohoo! What a #beautiful surprise! I have questions: 1) Will we find out what #they were doing for a whole 20 minutes in the ladies?
2) Is #it almost Christmas?
3) Will they def have the PM chat? (I can't say his name!)
4) Is it time to burn that fat suit now? (& PM?)
5) Do you have a title for the new story?
6) Do you know you're the bestest? mwah X
Duann chapter 60 . 3/17
What a great surprise to wake up to, even if it's 4-bloody-am. So the bump is back and so are the ghosts from the past or just one ghost in particular. Wish Paul Masters was just a bad dream but he seems very much real. Have a feeling an important convo is coming up soon. Really looking forward to see how it goes.
LOVE the caring Dempsey radiating 'the blend of love and affection"

p.s. I really want to know what #they were doing in the ladies room for 20 minutes!
NightOwl22 chapter 59 . 3/6
What a sweet chapter! They finally opened up to each other and it felt just right, and not at all out of character. I'm glad they leveled with each other before leaving the beach house, because it gave the place a sense of closure that would have been missing had they left the conversation for after they went back to London. I don't know what your future plans are as far as writing goes, but a nice, case-free story with them in a romantic place (whether it is the beach, a remote retreat, or a cabin in the mountains - yes, I am shamelessly hinting at romantic spots for another one of your awesome fics) would be a wonderful read.

I'm sad this one is coming to a close, but I think you wrapped it up very well. Of course it would be one of Dempsey's nose hunches that wraps up the case, and the way Harry can easily follow his train of thought is why they make such a power team - in your story and in the show.

Having said that, I rather enjoy the more romantic aspect of the stories, rather than the plots. But that was true of the show as well. I'd tune in to catch those little shipper scraps the writers would hint at every week. Thank goodness for fics like this one!

Great job, as always. The writing is superb, and the characterization spot on. I know I've mentioned it before, but the way you write the banter is so believable it feels like watching the show. I have their voices in my head as I read, and that makes it so much more real when reading the romantic parts. Thank you so much for sharing your gift with us. :-)
dinabar chapter 59 . 3/2
A lovely chapter... lots sorted out between them and a set up for the future and the solving of the case etc. But that leaves little'ol'me just a wonderin' about how much of this there is left; boo hoo missing you already.
alex77-d chapter 59 . 2/28
James4Harry! :-))))
It summarizes them well!
Thank you!
abeed chapter 59 . 2/27
Too soppy? Que? Loved the obstacle convo :-) Hope they get to play obstacle races again real soon!
What can I say about the #beachaction? Was perfect! I love #beachaction! You do #it so well! James4Harry was the perfect way to exit Cornwall. Gonna miss #it too though! Kinda feel like there's unfinished Cornish business! ;-) Now, in the words of Mr Grey, let's get this case #tied #up! Thanks, Miss Krato! X
Lady Omenia chapter 59 . 2/26
AWWWW! that chapter was bittersweet. I love the whole James4Harry in the sand. Please don't make them go too sad after this.. Always , awesome job Ms. Krato.
suzywoo70 chapter 59 . 2/22
Love it, love it, love it. But I do wish Dempseys shoulder would heal so we can have some proper action. Great writing as usual Miss K. Keep up the good work.