Reviews for A Thorny story
alicewiggles chapter 26 . 6/28/2013
that was really hard on Diego . you had him hit , clubbed , slashed , poked , prodded , and feverish . you just about gave him the kitchen sink .
Asj Johnson chapter 11 . 4/3/2013
I like that you have Don Diego fight back when his father is mentioned. He tends to only get upset in situations like that.
I also like the sergeant pausing to mention “you should have seen this straight right”. It’s probably not too good for Diego’s case, though he wouldn’t know that.
WDZorroFan chapter 26 . 12/11/2012
Lovely ending to a great story. :)
jkl88 chapter 26 . 12/9/2012
Thank you for this final chapter. I've enjoyed the whole story and loved Garcia's final comment. O.K. How about another adventure?
IcyWaters chapter 26 . 12/9/2012
Wonderful ending to a delightful story. I loved how Diego was ready to tell Padre Felipe his secret and his smile upon realizing the padre already knew. I also adored Don Alejandro giving his son a big hug. I can see the pride radiating from the older don's face as I read that passage.

Of course, Diego couldn't sit idle too long. :-) His interactions with Tornado were some of my favorite scenes in this story. I love how the horse chides his master for not obeying the promise to Bernardo, and how Zorro finds a loophole: "I told Bernardo that I won't dismount nearby them... That's exactly what I'm doing; there is nobody here, for the moment."

It's just so very fox-like!

The bit with Tornado wondering if his horseman was lost had me chuckling, too. And the ending is perfect. I love the exchange between Garcia and Reyes. Thank you for a highly entertaining adventure. I look forward to your next story.
Inuvik chapter 26 . 12/9/2012
It's really nice that Diego now doesn't have to fake in Padre Felipe's presence. He can now rely on a clever ally, and the mission becomes a truly restful place for him.

Bravo for this wonderful story! It was full of plots and dangers that made me looking forward for each new development :-)
Inuvik chapter 25 . 12/8/2012
Hehe! Confining a fox to his bed - or to his lair - is easy to say! Too many routes of escape ;-)

I'm relieved the bad guys were neutralized and that now, Diego will have some time to truly rest.
IcyWaters chapter 25 . 12/8/2012
The magistrado is lucky... for now. He is back in the good graces of the de la Vegas, but Don Alejandro is onto him now. I love how the older don plans to keep a low profile like his son. Very nice.

I can just imagine the confusion and worry on the faces of Padre Felipe and Doctor Avila when they arrived at the tavern. The pueblo has been full of excitement! And Diego seems to be in the middle of it all. For a poet, he sure does court trouble. :-)

"Diego has to be confined to his bed to recover... Tie him to his bed if you'll have to."

Exactly! Tie Diego to the bed and let Bernardo pour a few glasses of sleeping potion down his throat. The man needs to rest and to get better. :-) I can't even keep track of all the injuries he has received during the course of this adventure. I'm grateful the knife cut on his back will not leave a scar.

Hmm, are Padre Felipe and Don Alejandro conspiring together again? ;-)
jkl88 chapter 25 . 12/8/2012
Thank you for another chapter. More soon, please.
jkl88 chapter 24 . 12/7/2012
Another cliffhanger...you left Diego in peril! Nice.
IcyWaters chapter 24 . 12/7/2012
What a melee! Pedro's reaction to seeing Salena was terrific. I loved how he compared her to the devil and stepped back. I was also cheering when she battered him with the cane. Way to go, Salena! :-)

On the topic of the cane, it was hilarious how Diego tossed it to her and she missed catching it. Diego falling into the chair was also just like something he would do, though I wish he would stop getting hurt! The scene is both funny and thrilling.

And Don Alejandro! He is the best part. I was cheering again when he taught that young whippersnapper a lesson. Never underestimate a de la Vega, no matter his age. ;-) I never imagined him being so adept with his left hand, too. Like father, like son.

There is also the action with Galindo. When he fired the pistol and missed his target thanks to Garcia, I could see the fury on his face. Then he takes another shot, not caring if he hits the sergeant, and actually helps Garcia - absolutely hilarious.

But you left us with another evil cliffhanger!
Inuvik chapter 24 . 12/7/2012
What an evil cliffhanger ;-)

I liked how Don Alejandro throws himself into the battle. The old don still has it :-)

As for Diego, such a long list of injuries truly becomes worrisome. Update soon!
Inuvik chapter 23 . 12/6/2012
Now I guess the magistrado is defeated in his plan to condemn Diego thanks to Sergeant Garcia and Salena. But this new threat... I don't trust Galindo. Was the hearing just a trick to push Salinda to move into the open? Now I'm afraid for Diego who might take a blow by saving her life... Please update soon!
IcyWaters chapter 23 . 12/5/2012
Padre Felipe and Don Alejandro conspiring together to protect Diego and Zorro makes me smile. I keep waiting for each man to ask the other, "What do you know?" :-) It's such a delightful scenario.

I have always adored Sergeant Garcia and I love him even more under your pen. It was great getting a glimpse of his intelligence when he laments about how some persons always want to hurt innocents. He's so cute! I was ecstatic when he came to Diego's rescue. If only he knew he also saved the fox. ;-)

Even better is how Garcia confided to the alcalde. Perfect. And the magistrado - the picture of him becoming furious as his plan unravels makes me laugh. Ah, but we must cope with another of your evil cliffhangers...
jkl88 chapter 23 . 12/5/2012
O.K. Who's at the door? You stop at such interesting places.