Reviews for A Welcome Back to the Home He Left Behind
Ramzes chapter 24 . 2/25
Let's hope he has given up on chasing dreams that aren't saying anything, at least for now. I am surprised by his surprise that he isn't welcomed as joyously as possible. One would think he'd remember how it went down last time? But that's Rhaegar for you, an optimist to the end and beyond.
peacock33 chapter 24 . 2/20
Great to see an update. I can't tell where this story is going. While it's nice to think that Rhaegar is very very slowly growing up and improving, I have to say that I think he has gotten off way too easy for all his selfish, destructive past behavior. And at times I'm not sure how much he actually regrets his choices or would do things differently. He doesn't even regret running off with Lyanna, but just that he didn't take his dad out before. And while he was at least honest enough to admit that Lyanna would not have been happy with him at court, he still idealizes and romanticizes her, instead of acknowledging her flaws, like her selfishness and lack of concern for other people. It's kind of ironic that people see her as so noble for defending the bullied boy, but she shows no consideration fo hurting Rhaegar's wife and children, who themselves are subject to men's cruel and selfish whims. I think that if she had lived, he would probably not have been treating Elia so well; although maybe if he would have had to deal with Lyanna in real life, she would have lost some of her appeal and magic (as happens in any relationship that deals with the day to day difficulties of life). So I have a hard time feeling like he really appreciates and loves Elia. I kind of hope she's just playing him and finds someone who will actually be devoted to her happiness and the children, as Rhaegar doesn't seem to be there yet. If you are going to have them stay together, I hope he actually has to make some sacrifices on her behalf at some point to prove that he really does care about her and is willing to put her first at least sometimes. Interested to see what happens.
Firefly-class chapter 24 . 2/20
It seems that Rhaegar kind of thinks the world stops when he is not there...the kids continued to grow and the realm was managed in his absence to his surprise...his reunion with elia was interesting. I wonder why she is putting everything off for tomorrow...good update.
LittleNK chapter 24 . 2/20
Very enjoyable chapter :)
Splushie Balls chapter 24 . 2/20
Whoooo Love it! I was starting to loose hope that you weren't coming back. So how old are the children? And how long was Rhaegar away? I hope he has given up looking for answers to something that may or may not exist and he can stay home. Keep the chapters coming. You were missed!
TamiTheOxyMoron chapter 21 . 12/31/2014
I've been wondering where Daenerys is...
Guest chapter 23 . 10/16/2014
Awesome chapter. Thanks for the update. I wish Rheagar would just let the prophecy go...it wouldn't be dire if he just forgot about it
Darth Cruel chapter 23 . 10/16/2014
Awesome story, can't wait for more. Keep up the good work.
Ramzes chapter 23 . 10/16/2014
Great. I mean, it's good that Rhaegar see some, err, earthly problems in his realm and is determined to do something about them but so soon after the end of the war... is it really wise to let Elia and the Council do everything? I mean, he WANTS the realm to remain his, right?

Poor Elia, no break for her. Lots of loneliness, though.

I hope something more cheerful for everyone in the near future. Good job.
metaladdict chapter 23 . 10/12/2014
Interesting chapter, I liked the internal struggle's.
Frozen862 chapter 23 . 10/11/2014
Rhaegar really is a asshole.
tsevca chapter 1 . 8/15/2014
Too short to make any big judgements yet, only... What happened between them? He kept Elia and her children in Red Keep as hostages for her family to behave, while he send his wife and son to safety. And with his Targaryens are more thinking and her not being able to have more children, he was probably not very nice to her about Harrenhall and Lyannas kidnapping.
Secrets4theunderground chapter 22 . 6/22/2014
Great story! I am interested to see what happens next... Elia is not going to be thrilled by any of this and at this point anything that may come will be because of his own doing.
Ramzes chapter 22 . 5/24/2014
Wow, talk about the old disapproving relative! That's really what stood out in this chapter, just how inept Rhaegar is in dealing with such a thing because well, he never had an old disapproving relative close by until now. I liked how he's seemingly unable to make a difference between critisizing certain actions of his and his entire character. I suppose that's what one gets when they've only been praised in their entire lives and then only flayed. The fact that he didn't even think of someone else of his parents' line as the possible savior made me roll my eyes. Talk about entitled!

I am quite curious where you are taking this story. And Changed Circumstances, as well.
metaladdict chapter 22 . 5/23/2014
nice chapter you did the last time double though