Reviews for What Happens At Midnight
the lola chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Interesting pairing, and I really liked how it was set up. Aurora was so in denial, but Blaise was so charming, and his persuasion and charm were great for his character - there was no way she could have said no!
lowi chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
This was really nice! I've never considered this pairing before, but you certainly made them work together.

I liked the ending paragraph a lot - it was such a good way to end this, and tie it all together.

And Blaise - I couldn't help but giggle a bit at him, for some reason. ;)

Great work!
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Interesting couple, though I can somehow see it happening :p I always pictured Blaise as a seducer, and seeing him with Sinistra didn't surprise me that much :p
And I loved the 'tutoring classes' excuse :p
Nice work ;)
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
:) I think this was well written and it almost humorous in tone. I don't know if that was intentional, but I enjoyed it. Also, the reference to Kingsley/Rosmerta made me think of Hedwig and smile. The story was well written and paced right. I love the ending with the tutoring lessons, and such. Nicely done.
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
The tension between them is well-written, and it fits that Blaise would be the one to make the first move. I liked the beginning where she is methodically going through the stars but is distracted by Bellatrix and the reminder of what is happening outside Hogwarts.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Seeing a rare pairing like this made me happy - I adore minor characters and pairings that nobody writes, so this was incredibly cool to me. Aurora Sinistra is a very intriguing character, in my opinion, and I like your portrayal of her. I also liked the way you included a bit of one-sided Aurora/Kingsley, too - more rare pairs, awesome! :D I like that you wrote about a younger man/older woman, too, since it seems so many people focus on the other way around. SPaG was pretty decent, just a few small things like 'loose' instead of 'lose'. Haha, the ending amused me, as did the innuendos throughout this piece in general. Nice work!
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Ohh, I do like this pairing :) You do a great job portraying both of the characters. I love how Aurora keeps trying to rationalize her way out of saying yes to Blaise.

One grammatical thing.

[Which, given the fact that she was the Astronomy teacher, was rather strange.] Watch yourself, sentence fragment :)

Your grammar was a bit strange in the beginning as well, I just couldn't put my finger on it. I recommend reading over the first three paragraphs so you can see it because I honestly didn't know what to think there :)

The ending of this piece was so perfect though XDD Trust Blaise to selfishly fail a class XDD
Love From A Muggle chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
I like how you center stories based on the war or after the war. I also liked how you wrote the characters. You made Professor Sinistra seem real. We hardly know anything about her, but the way you wrote her made her seem like a real person, more than just a teacher. I also like your Blaise. Another great story with great Description!
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
LOL. I loved it! Especially the last line hehe. Made me laugh and was quite... interesting. And not sure if you intended this... but the mention of her liking Kingsley... it got me thinking about Sinistra/Kingsley... I might whip something out for your Pairing Diversity Boot Camp one day :P

Anyway, this was wonderfully written. Well done. I'm still laughing at the last part.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
That is a very unusual pairing. Nice work, even though I don't really like teacher/student stuff. Keep writing
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
So (unsurprisingly) this pairing has never crossed my mind before, but I quite liked it here - I thought you characterised Blaise really well and I liked how you showed Aurora's reluctance melting away. I really liked the idea that she likes to stargaze to calm down. One little spelling mistake I picked up on: "maybe it could loose her her job" - should be "lose", but other than that I thought the writing was great. I thought you incorporated all the different prompts really well. :)
smilelaughread chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Haha. Nice little fic. I'd never think to put those characters together. I think that since we know little about either of the characters, it worked out really well. Good job!