Reviews for Even If
Habita chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Amazing. I love it, thanks a lot for sharing :)
ilona belle chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
EU TE IUBESC!
Mathiilde3 chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
This was heartbreakingly beautiful to me, with emphasis on heartbreaking! I am practically sitting here crying, in its tenderness and its despair it nearly crushed my heart. The last line especially. He loves her so fiercely, the part about him choosing her happiness and life over anything makes my heart soar with love for him, and then with the last line and him almost believing she chooses that too it just breaks. I do not know what this was meant to be, happy, sad, beautiful, whatever, but I absolutely loved it. It was marvellous, in a very sad, but amazing way. Great job!

Mathilde
janinsc chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Beautiful
IsabellaKatherine chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
This was really good!

As much as I would love to think that Kate has put the case behind her & moved on with Castle I don't think that will ever be the case, so it was really nice that this was a conversation about exactly that and about how they are both feeling after the showdown with the senator. Especially as it is unlikely we will see this in the show anytime soon.

Really well written as well and very much in character! Really enjoyed it :D
leuska chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
I totally loved it!
L chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
I just ADORE your writing and am so glad you did a post-ep for this week.

Everything about it was perfect and aching and completely in character.

I loved it all, but especially this: "He can't change that the beginning of them is twined through her mother's murder, tangled into the precarious balance of her life on a rooftop, but he can keep them talking, keep them honest. Keep them from crumbling and breaking like they'd been about to, before."
angusdei chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
dammit carto. Throwing me back to harsh reality, aren't you? Oh man. But this is... definitely good. I don't know i need to see this side until i read it. GUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH.

and as usual, amazingly written. Cartographical, you are amazing.

(no more finger snapping on beckett tho, please. Make it on castle next time, not beckett. Haha)
Sandiane Carter chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
I just, I just, this is so beautiful. And such gorgeous writing too, Jessie, just. Wow.

the middle of the chapter, paragraph, word suddenly trailing into a white oblivion – Ni and then nothing, the letters stuttered out, the rhythm of his fingers tripped and fallen.

I LOVE THAT. SO HARD. I CAN'T EVEN.

AND THEN THIS THIS THIS:

the lazy, sun-soaked angles of the living room, kitchen, bedroom all stretched out before them, limitless planes and corners where he has found new ways to learn her body again and again.

Ungngngnn SO GOOD JESSIEEEEE.

And then you keep BREAKING MY HEART you evil WOMAN:

Oh, Castle. I just, I want to hug both of them. So hard. Castle and Beckett, my babies.

And then, crap, crap, there is this paragraph and it is ALL THAT IS GOOD JESSIE ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THE WORLD I SWEAR I ADORE IT:

I could spend all day just reading that paragraph over and over and over again. Yes. Yes. It sounds like a good plan.
nixer chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Beautiful.

What did you think of it? AtS? I had mixed feelings, like with 'Always' but it's tied with 'A Deadly Affair' as my favourite season premiere.

Just to be clarify for me: I understood that Beckett's 'deal' was a bluff. They never reassembled the whole file and doing so may prove impossible. I thought that was the point. That was why they thought she was going to kill him, because she didn't have enough evidence to arrest him.

I'm glad the arc's not over. It's my favourite. And I didn't like the thought of it ending to effectively 'make way' for the Castle's-father plot. Which I'm also looking forward to. And 3XK. And romance. And kissing. And funny scenes like the opening of AtS which I thought was hilarious and true and sweet.

Fans seem to see such different things in Always/AtS. Some describe it as purely joyful, Beckett choosing life over death though it was hard for her. Others - like me - see it as an awful, agonising thing to have to choose, but that this is the path she's picking for now, and she's being smarter, as Montgomery always wanted her to be. Smarter, more measured, paced, deadly. Able to accept and wait and enjoy this now and plan a next move without getting lost in it.

I'm glad Maddox was killed so quickly because he was a weak actor (at least for the character), and I really, really liked the senator - his banality just hinting at a psychotic, meglomaniacl core.
chezchuckles chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
This is my favorite line of all time:
"You can be anything with me in here."

I wish I wrote it. I love you so hard for this one. It makes me ache.
dopeysac chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
"Revenge of the drunken noodles!" I just love that line. Don't ask me why. Great story. Still reeling from After The Storm.
pkl chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
So good. So very, very good!
tsquared322 chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
So serious, so sad. It's gonna be fun seeing them need each other like this. Or at least, I hope we get to see that. More moments like the hug.
SparkleMouse chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
JESSIE, MY LOVE!

"The revenge of the drunken noodles," he says lamely. - He just tries SO HARD to make her okay even if it's by lame jokes and that's beautiful and heartwarming and even when he's dopey he's still just so perfect.

the lazy, sun-soaked angles of the living room, kitchen, bedroom all stretched out before them, limitless planes and corners where he has found new ways to learn her body again and again - This is so incredibly gorgeous. Limitless planes and corners - that whole sentence. Rather astounding.

Her hands are twisted together, clenched into a tight ball and pressed between her knees. She swallows convulsively. "Want me to hold your hair back?" he offers gallantly, but it's flat. It's all flat. - HE OFFERS TO HOLD HER HAIR BACK. BECAUSE HE LOVES HER SO DAMN MUCH. This show has basically ruined my life.

"Well I can't be sick with you in here," she husks, her voice tight, trying. Trying so hard.
"You can be anything with me in here. - SOBBING. Seriously. Just. Yeah.

"We'll figure it out," he says.

"You don't want to," she murmurs, still curled up into herself, her voice hoarse.

"That's not –" he starts, because of course he wants justice for her, he wants justice for her more than anything. But the thought unwinds. He doesn't want justice more than anything. He wants her life first, and then her happiness. If her happiness is inexorably wound with justice then he'll still choose her life, he'll still choose her life every time. - This is just ... You keep making me lose words. But that's heartbreaking and your emotion strikes so goddamn deep.

A lazy evening leaning against him on the couch, only to see man who had Johanna Beckett murdered in an alley smiling out at her from the television - I can't even imagine. I really would love to see a scene like this. She put it away but he's always going to be shoved in her face somehow.

"Is it worse this way?" he rasps. He needs to know, suddenly. Needs to know if it was worth it. If the name without the justice can possibly have any value. - This is making me want to vomit. It seriously hurts.

Even like this, brittle and fragile, she's giving him so much. Trying so much harder than he ever thought he could expect - YES. Thats what was so incredible about the premiere. How entirely open she was.

His throat constricts against the words. He can't change that the beginning of them is twined through her mother's murder, tangled into the precarious balance of her life on a rooftop, but he can keep them talking, keep them honest. Keep them from crumbling and breaking like they'd been about to, before - Absolute perfection

She lets out a breath, her body sliding off the tub and onto the floor, turning and pressing down against him, the jut of her hip digging along his side and then his thigh, the heat of her breath skirting across the front of his throat. "I don't know what else to do, Castle. I wish…" She trails off, lets her head fall into him, her mouth press against his throat. He turns into her, pulling her into an awkward hug on the cold bathroom floor, drawing her into him too tightly. - You have no idea how badly I want to see this. Just as you've written it.

"It leaves us angry," he says, leaning and twisting so that his lips meet hers, his hand dragging over her the waistband of her jeans, down the jut of her hip. "And scared," he whispers into her mouth, grabbing the hem of her shirt with his other hand, tugging it up, up and over her head, letting his fingers revel in the still-new lines of her torso. "And hopeful." - Oh Jessie, seriously? This is one of the most perfect things I've ever read. You're are such a gem. I never use that word but you are.

You are incredible. This was incredible.