Reviews for Eye of the Storm
ColieMacKenzie chapter 1 . 4/15
So I just ran across this again and reread it and I am just blown away all over again by the beauty of this story. The way you convey the emotionality and meaning of that night is breathtaking and your writing just. . There's so many lines I could quote, one more gorgeous than the next. I'm forever in awe with how much you express with so few well-chosen words.
(I really miss your words.)
Guest chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
Fucking brilliant. Who are you and where have you been all my life? I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU.
JeuxDeVagues chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
"no words come out, none of the things she wants to say—confessions, regrets, declarations, hopes." Each one of those is so meaningful and necessary and I love it, I just love it.

"He's methodical now... She saw last night the way he catalogued her responses, filing them away for the future." That sounds just like him.

Beautiful story, 'specially the very beginning "She doesn't ask him to stay. He doesn't offer to leave." Ohhhh and that ending. I should have expected that, but you lulled me into this lovely, intimate scene and, well, ouch.
Habita chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
Absolutely wonderful. I love it, thanks a lot for sharing! :)
Twyger chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Perfect how this fits into the episode ... if only it was cable and we could have had more! My favorite part, besides the "M" rating, was the last line about everyone she loves not being safe until she finds her Mother's killer. Great chapter, thank you!
Copop chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Great insert.
Cora Clavia chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Oh, so dark and sensual and lovely. That was them in that moment - desperate. Not sure if they'd wake up. My heart.
nicbec75 chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Wow! That was ah-may-zing! Seems 5x01 gave all my beloved fanfic writers plenty of inspiration ;)
Austcastlefan chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Oh Joy, you have conveyed such love, vulnerability and strength in this piece. Amazing :) wonderfully written, thank you!
1822andallthat chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Oh Joy, what beautiful writing.

How devastatingly heart-breaking - the intense feelings, the quiet desperation, the unalduterated love.

I might be on overload here. Thank you so much for mid-ep 501 fic. It was all it should be.
IsabellaKatherine chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Really nice missing scene story, I was a little sad when we didnt get to see any of this in the episode but obviously they had a lot to fit into 45mins.

So it was great that you filled in the missing pieces and did so really well. I could totally imagine Kate experiencing all of the emotions that you portrayed.

Beautifully done :D
lietomebaby chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
And then, because Beckett is a bad ass, she hunts the senator down, pistol whips him and has now got HIM by the balls. Damn you have a great story. You did very good.
Cartographical chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
OHHHHH MY HEART. way to KICK ME IN MY FEELS. OUCH IN ALL THE HOT GOOD ANGSTY WAYS.
ColieMacKenzie chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Oh Joy. I have hardly any words to convey how breathtaking this is! (even better on my second read.) I am soooo glad you wrote this scene because I've wanted to see it, it's so vital for what happened - the way she takes comfort in him in one moment only to leave, tackle it all alone, once more. And you capture that mood so staggeringly perfect. There is tenderness in their encounter, every move so full of love and yet you intersperse it with those shocking, desperate moment of her knowing what's to come. There is this underlying sense that she knows she might even die (I feel), that she is saying goodbye in a way. And such pretty, pretty language. I wanted to copy my favorite lines but I'd have copied it all.
MirandaJayne chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Gosh. I have no words.
I think at some point I stopped breathing...
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »