Reviews for the world is too heavy
hawkeyeforever chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
Hello! Sorry, I actually thought I did review, but I must have been thinking of a different story. I liked this story, especially all of the references to colors and tragedies. The last line was by far my favorite. I really like this story, even if I'm not really into reading incest. Happy Writing:)
lydiamaartin chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
heyyy hello so since we were talking about jameslily earlier i figured i may as well go see what all the fuss was about (and maybe jump on the bandwagon because we all know how much fun that is!) and i...i honestly...i don't even knOW WHAT TO SAY THIS WAS ACTUALLY BEYOND GORGEOUS LIKE THERE IS NOTHING LEFT TO SAY BECAUSE YOU'VE LITERALLY STOLEN ALL THE BEAUTIFUL WORDS IN THE WORLD AND PUT THEM INTO THIS WORK OF ART?

(i say there's nothing left to say but i'm gonna ramble anyway, forgive me!)

okay so basically i wasn't completely sure how i felt about james/lily because yes i can ship incest (mike/aria hello) but with tv shows it's different because you can see the chemistry and the beautifulness right? and also i hadn't been in a next-gen mood for a while so when i got the alert for this aaages ago i was just like "oh...okay" and kinda forgot but then you mentioned it the other day and the idea stuck in my head so i came and read this and i am honestly just blown away? like i don't even know how you do it but every single word is so incredibly gorgeous and perfect and it all just painted this amazing picture of lily and james and kings and queens and the inherent tragedy and EVERYTHING just wow

i honestly can't even pretend that i understood every layer in this story because it was all woven together so beautifully with the childhood memories and the royalty metaphors and the allusions to their namesakes and the colors THE COLORS OKAY MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THIS BUT I HAVE SUCH A THING FOR COLORS IN STORIES ESPECIALLY COLORS DESCRIBING PEOPLE IT'S LIKE MY WRITER KINK I DON'T EVEN KNOW? BUT THE BLUE AND THE RED AND THE "PREDICTABLE OLD PURPLE" AND MIXING COLORS AND EVERYTHING I MEAN I JUST I GIVE UP IT WAS GORGEOUS

and of course aside from the colors the kings and queens symbolism was GORGEOUS and how they're an excerpt from a "poorly written medieval era tragedy" (there's just SOMETHING ABOUT THOSE WORDS TOGETHER THAT MAKES ME FLAIL AROUND I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS PROBABLY IT'S JUST YOUR BEAUTIFUL WRITING IF I'M BEING HONEST) and lily being a queen, being elizabeth, doing more surviving than conquering and gosh it was all just so beautiful i'm gonna cry like i swear even if i had a problem with incest (lol) i would still adore this fic to the heavens and beyond because it's so insanely gorgeous and well-written and beautiful and honestly this is the kind of thing i want to analyze in my english class THIS DESERVES ANALYSIS THIS IS ACTUALLY SO GORGEOUS AND INTENSE AND PERFECT wow okay i think i'm done just know that i loved this and i love you and i love your writing so so much it's actually not even funny at all!

(also if you don't stop reblogging jaria soon you will actually cause my death jsyk ex oh ex oh!)
squeakyswings chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
This is fucking gorgeous Hope my God I'm sorry I'm sitting here swearing at my computer screen because WHY and HOW and these characters are gorgeous and this is gorgeous and James and Lily are just too much and too good. I am in love with the way you used red and blue throughout this and the shout out to the original James and Lily and THE FINAL LINES okay the FINAL LINES I just love that queen/king metaphor (also sort of unrelated but your tumblr tag you could be the king but watch the queen conquer is the best tumblr tag ever) and so this was just too much perfection.
LIVEalittleLOVEsome chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Wow, you wrote that so well and so beautifully. The flow of your writting, the colors, the kings and queens and everything...it was all done so well. Good job!
with the monsters chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
oh man oh man okay i know i still owe you a review on the spencer/jason you wrote for me and i will i swear!

but this oh my god how do you even like i'm just actually so in awe of your writing? seriously, the way you put words together and the melody in it and the way it's so confusing but makes so much sense at the same time i am 1000% done like i just can't even find words

obviously james/lily i lOVE THEM SO MUCH UGH but the way you wrITE SON THE WAY YOU WRITE i am in love with it, i am completely and utterly besotted with it. you create such atmosphere and i just feel plunged into the story and all the emotions just seep from the words so naturally and so powerfully and i literally would buy a book the second it was published if you wrote it and read it again and again and again because i could die of how beautiful your writing is

the whole idea of this, the poetry though it's prose and the swirling mess of emotions that lily is feeling and the whole harking back to james and lily mark i and the way it was for them and the queen metaphors (yoU COULD BE THE KING BUT WATCH THE QUEEN CONQUER) ugh just never, ever stop writing because you have the most wonderful gift and it would be a legitimate sin for you to stop

i am so in love with you and with this and oh god i give up i'm dead send help evacuate all of the school children

this was just stunning neVER EVER STOP
marniemadden chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
this was so pretty omg

the incestuous implications actually really worked, obviously with the forbidden aspect. i loved the way you linked them back to their namesakes, and not just lily & james, but also luna & sirius.

your words and vocabulary and sentences are just beautiful. i loved the "blue and red" sections, and the kings and queens metaphor was lovely, really original and it worked perfectly, especially with the personalities i have in my headcanon for james & lily.

i loved all of it, but these were probably my two favourite sections:

"Blue and red, all the time. Flashes of color cloud your mind. It's tough to believe you're such messes now considering you were named after kings and queens – but even the most tightly bound kingdoms get overthrown at some point to make way for a new era of democracy over monarchy. Your reign will only last so long, it seems, and to make things more confusing you're not sure whether you're ruling alone or with the support of your almost lover. You weren't supposed to play Elizabeth, but there's not much else to do when the devil is at your doorstep. You've left that door unlocked for years and years so it's almost a mystery why anyone needs an invitation to enter. They come. They try. They leave. They don't come back. There's no potential for things to turn out differently. You make sure of that."

"Flashes of red and blue, that's what you remember. The euphoria you get on a swingset when your eyes are shut but you can still feel the sun shining through them, bright as ever. Your legs sway back and forth. The wind rushes through your hair and James' hand rests on your back as you follow the rules of gravity and the swing makes its way back down to the ground, tracing patterns of never and maybe but mostly never. You're still kids, walking home from the park hand in hand, all smiles and unrealistic hopes. You've got this one day to live your life the way you want to and then hold the memory against your chest tightly enough that no one can take it away, because the real world is rough and once the kingdom called childhood comes to a close you won't be allowed to be anything other than a play put on for the entire world to see."

and also the line: "The original Luna and Sirius, can they hear?" i don't know why, it just really says a lot for me.

okay i basically loved all of it whoops.

oh and two more quick points – first, the lyrics you used: i don't think i know the song, but the lyrics you cited at the beginning really fitted with the piece. second, the title. it's just amazing, i really, really loved it. ugh.

incredible work. please never stop writing, you have a wonderful talent.
QuillsAndInk221 chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Beautiful! May your writing mind never empty of idead!