Reviews for Ties of Loyalty
Kitsune chapter 3 . 7/17/2002
woooooh! I like this fic! Hiko-sama is so cool!
Enishi chapter 3 . 7/17/2002
Hmmmm... I could imagine Kenshin and Hiko trying to scare those guys at

night by appearing suddenly, then dissapearing, throwing daggers into their

camp, etc... OR just beating the crap out of them (when will those foreigners

learn you just don't mess with Hiten Mitsurugi?) I like! VERY creative! _
Firuze Khanume chapter 3 . 7/17/2002
Excellent! I raelly love this, I want you to continue this fic SOOOOOOOONNNNNN!
LinaNverse chapter 3 . 7/17/2002
wow! now that is cool! i love this story! your connections are so great! i can't wait for more!

oh! might i reccomend something? your story summary, under the link to open your story... if you changed that a bit, i think you may get more readers. say something like hiko is injured and now he and his baka deshi have teamed up to teach the attackers a lesson or five!

anyway, please update this soon! like, tomorrow! it's so good! and can you make the chapters longer?

i liked in this chapter how you grasped hiko's feelings 'stomped down a feeling of relief' that was good!

hiko and kenshin know those woods better than anyone, as one lives there, and the other was raised there from childhood. :)

you aren't goign to bring the other characters in this, are you? i hope not. i love it when it's just kenshin and hiko, shisho and baka deshi. it'll always be that way in their eyes. kenshin may be a master in name, but he knows better than to disobey his shisho!
Firefury Amahira chapter 3 . 7/17/2002
Ask, and ye shall receive! Yay! A multi-chaptered piece! Very original concept, too, a group of foreign bastards going after Hiko. PFFT to them. Traps, you say? Torture, you say?

One- The bad guys are already kinda freaked out by the horror stories about Battousai. I imagine all Kenshin would have to do is put in a VERY brief appearance or two in order to get these guys even more strung out. And he's a much smaller target than Hiko to hit, so their marksman would likely have a much harder time hitting him. Make the hunters the hunted. Kenshin may not kill any more, but he's certainly capable of scaring the living daylights out of these guys if he plays it right.

Two- Sake jugs are large, heavy objects with a rope cord to carry them with. Imagine swinging one of these big jugs by the cord and letting it fly. Much irony to take these guys down with the same weapon they used on Hiko! F I imagine there's a certain sake shop owner who'd GLADLY donate a few of those drugged jugs to the cause.

Three- Another take on using blunt, breakable objects of considerable weight to inflict damage. Hiko's a potter. He's probably got a sizeable stash of ceramic projects at his place. Having worked with clay many times myself, I know that the stuff is quite heavy and rock-hard after it's been fired. And ceramic shards can be just as sharp and pointy as glass shards. (And, if it's any help, a clay pot roughly 8 inches in diamter and about 6 inches tall weighs in at a good 3 or 4 pounds)

Four- I suspect Kenshin could serve as an effective decoy if he finds Hiko's mantle and uses some sticks or something to round out the figure.

Five- How hard could it be to make a fire using a sword and a rock? A purposefully set wildfire would likely throw the bad guys into chaos, trying to get away from it.

Six- And this may just be my PMSing sadistic side kicking into high gear, but sharpening the end of a log and suspending it from the trees and triggered by a trip line would be quite painful I imagine.

And lastly, for inspiration, I'd recommend the short story "A Most Dangerous Game". I forget the author (it was in one of my old literature class books), but the premise is basically the same with hunting a human being down for sport. (And the ending is distinctly satisfying, I must admit.)

I'm looking highly forward to seeing more of your work! D
Jason M. Lee chapter 3 . 7/17/2002
yup, hell hath no wrath than a worried 14th Mitsurugi master/baka deshi over number 13 (what a way of numbers. 13 for Hiko? wonder if that's a good or bad thing?). they heading to the Aoiya or the sake shop? of course, the shop is closer so it seems a bit more reasonable. plus the fact that Kenshin's gonna have to retrieve the manto (mantle in Japanese) later on. Hiko wouldn't be Hiko without it.
Jason M. Lee chapter 2 . 7/17/2002
baka yarous. H-e-l-l hath no wrath other than a very sober and pissed offed 13th Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu master (Big Ryuu) and a very worried 14th Mitsurugi master (Little Ryuu). well, save Hiroshi; at least he has some sense of decency.
Jason M. Lee chapter 1 . 7/17/2002
Hiko got drugged through his beloved sake? how low can you go. and Kenshin reacting as if he got shot? SWEEEEETT!

oh, and it's "shirozaya". i had to do research once on how they made a nihontou (well, for a shirozaya mounting rather than a full kashira mounting)
173 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12