Reviews for Ties of Loyalty
Feafea chapter 10 . 12/8/2006
defintely a great story! and its going onto my favourite list!

thanks for sharing!
kalina ar' mori chapter 10 . 12/5/2006
this was one of the most well writtin stories ive read and i really enjoyed it! Good job!
MarbleGlove chapter 10 . 9/15/2006
Oh this was a great deal of fun. I've always liked "The Most Dangerous Game" take-offs and this was done so well. It made me grin like a loon as I just waited for all the bad guys to get their comeupance and all the good guys to win through. And I loved Kenshin and Hiko's interactions.

I think my all around favorite single line from this is "You don't feel guilt over the death of those who die of natural causes" when referring to people who have seriously pissed off Seijeuro Hiko.

Thanks for posting.
wolfwood chapter 10 . 8/25/2006
Outstanding! I was very impressed. I truly enjoyed reading this. Keep up the good work
NightWolf chapter 10 . 5/7/2006
Now that was a fun read. It's stories like this one that keep me wading through fanfics.
themagebear chapter 10 . 4/17/2006
it would defintitely be interesting, seeing saitoh and hiko fight.
Heather Logan chapter 10 . 4/7/2006
I *loved* Hiko ribbing Kenshin about the theatrics, after Kenshin described all the things he had done. A nice ending.

Ah, Saitou. Ya gotta love him. Nice little epilogue there, and I enjoyed the exchange between him and Kenshin. Interesting bit of insight there about Kenshin's take on the killing that Hiko did. (And a name thing again: Japanese-style it would be Fujita Gorou. I'm not saying one or the other is better, but I'd say go for consistency.)

Thanks for a fun read! This story had been on my list to read for a while (it was on the favorites list of someone I admired); I'm happy I finally got the chance! Ja ne; keep writing!
Heather Logan chapter 8 . 4/7/2006
There were some really eye-opening bits here: the way you juxtaposed the arrogant Westerner out to do some hunting in darkest Japan, with the point-of-view characters who we know so well. The European's exotic jungle is the RK fan's home forest. A very smooth and interesting melding of genres.

"Rolling his own eyes up for an entirely different reason..." I liked that :-). Also, ow. Poor Kenshin. Interesting how Hiko's reaction to seeing Kenshin injured so closely paralleled Kenshin's reaction to seeing Hiko injured.
Heather Logan chapter 7 . 4/7/2006
Ah! Awesome, awesome fight scenes! You write action really well. And that exchange between Kenshin and Hiroshi at the end was just perfect! You're doing a great job keeping the tension up, too. I'm on the edge of my seat worrying about the sniper.
Heather Logan chapter 6 . 4/7/2006
I agree with your comments at the end; Kenshin does seem a tad out-of-character there (and is he actually strong enough to hold a big yakuza fighter quiet with just a hand over his mouth?). Still, I have to say I find the image of the not-quite-human Battousai with the fiery hair sitting up in the tree to be eminently squee-worthy. I find it tremendously attractive when Kenshin goes a little bit fey, though it's dangerous for his sanity.
Heather Logan chapter 5 . 4/7/2006
I love the pranks! At the start of the chapter I was guessing that Kenshin is trying to drive them off without actually having to confront the lot of them, and therefore avoiding a fight. I'm not so sure about that guy sent sliding into the waterfall. It seems to me that Kenshin

would be more careful, that something like that would risk killing the guy. I understand Kenshin's desire to just scare the party off the mountain, but it seems it might even be more his daft style to just confront them and tell them to leave (of course, starting a fight). Aha: "The last two days had been strange. He had never really acted this way before." Good, good! I understand now! Nice bit of Kenshin-psychology there.

I also liked how in a later chapter you contrast the style of Kenshin vs that of Hiko in leading that hunting party around - the subtle shift, that left most of them thinking they were still after Hiko.

And from chapter 4: "Hiko could make a rock feel guilty." Ha! So true! :-D
Heather Logan chapter 3 . 4/7/2006
Two days later! O.O Wow! Hiko is not letting those jerks catch him lying down. I'm loving the telegraphed description, too; poor Kenshin having to sense all this remotely and not understand what's going on, till finally he gets enough context to realize who it is.

And dart guns! How dirty! Still not clear why they're doing this.

I found the silent conversation between Hiko and Kenshin distinctly amusing.
Heather Logan chapter 2 . 4/7/2006
Nice exposition of the backstory cut in with the current action. Still don't know what the motives are, but that makes it more fascinating.
Heather Logan chapter 1 . 4/7/2006
The tension and suspense in Chapter 1 are great! I love the way you build up the tension with the watcher and the spyglass, and Hiko noticing just a hint of something wrong with his sake, but dismissing it in such a way that the audience wants to scream "behind you!".

And wow, Kenshin's waking up like that at the very end of the chapter sent shivers up my back.

A couple minor flaws:

I noticed you use the Japanese-ordering name convention for Himura Kenshin but the English-ordering for Seijurou Hiko. (Also there were a couple of typos here and there.)

I read through the whole thing and am coming back now to paste in my reviews...
Meri Kaisla chapter 10 . 2/18/2006
Cho working for Saitô? Sounds fun :)
173 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »