Reviews for Not a Lip Gloss Flavor
I like the contrast of Mackenzie's fake friendship with Jessica (and by extension, other CCPs) as compared to Nikki's with Zoey, Chloe and Brandon. Really makes us wonder, is popularity really priceless compared to true bonds between friends?

I guess Mackenzie seems one-dimensional in the books as the book is from Nikki's POV. Makes sense she would describe only the worst of Mackenzie.
manny chapter 1 . 4/28
i think i will give this book a 2 stars becuase how sje draws th ehbidghb kjmcxm,jnscxnv wf j cv
MarcelineFan chapter 1 . 9/30/2014
Wow. Very In-depth and completely out of the ordinary. Thanks!
kunoichi79 chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
This side of Mackenzie... is freaking perfect. Just. Freaking. Perfect.
May god bless you, omfg :O
FlareBoostDrifloon chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
Nice
LadyLucina28 chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
It's okay
Mushroomy Man chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Why do you hate the book but yet write this for it? Anyway, I recently started book 1, am almost finished, suffered a few minor spoilers ( I saw that coming, anyway,) But personally, I liked it.
charontine chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
i love this fanfic; one of the most well-written ones in this category. i'm a fan of the books, though. although this probably isn't a good excuse for MacKenzie's supposed shallow personality, and everyone else's, the book *is* written by a popularity-obsessed, insecure, and attention-seeking character who conciously wants to be something that she despises; not to mention, her constant denials and jealousy issues. likely, MacKenzie started off that way as well. the fact that character development has yet to happen for her, i think it's because Nikki simply doesn't bother looking under her exterior, and vice versa with MacKenzie.

i still think that Zoey's parents are divorced and his father remarries, which kind of explains why she's unpopular despite her dad being a record company executive. ...aand maybe this is the reason she keeps reading about romance and self-help books-she doesn't want to screw up her relationships the way her parents did.

there's a lot you can read into from such a simplistic book.
EatingCake101 chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
I love ur story. And u r right. As snobbish as MacKenzie can be, she still has feelings. Ur story is the best dork diaries fanfic I have ever read. Good job!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
You hate DD? I love it, but maybe it's just me and yes, I dislike Mackenzie's 1 dimensionalism
Itisisodonotrunorhide chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Legend of Derpy, you are one of my favorite authors. Even though you are part of a group I despise with a passion, and this is for one of the worst books ever written, I loved this one-shot. You did a good job at making Mackenzie much less monodimensional. Now if you could do it for all of the characters that aren't Nikki!