Reviews for Promise of a Lifetime
sakurapetals0192 chapter 69 . 10/26
Thank you so much for writing this story! I love this so so so so much! This was so perfect and I never loved a story this much!
monkey87 chapter 70 . 9/10
So I just kind of binge-read your story, and I have to say - it was quite entertaining! I love how you incorporated the OC perfectly into the story. This story was just magnificent!
CrowningAster chapter 69 . 3/15
So my last few reviews have been purposefully vague, because I knew the end of the story was coming and I wanted to save my detailed thoughts for a final review.
I dont want to be creepy because I dont know you, but Im so, so, so, PROUD of you. Im proud of you! I would hug you if I could.
When I first started reading, I was cautiously optimistic. From the first time I ever read anything you wrote, I knew you were a good writer, however I wasnt sure if I was going to like a story that was so blatantly a romance. Dont get me wrong-I LOVE romance, and hell, my story has some developing and has much more to come! But I usually love some conflict/mystery/adventure with it, and although I was definitely interested in your story, I wasnt sure if it was going to mature past just romance and relationship drama.
Girrrrlllll. You proved me so, so wrong, and I am so glad you did!
This story showed SO much growth. I could see how the writing and storyline was maturing and evolving as time went on. This story honestly made you a better writer, and thats beautiful!
From the very well selected quotes at every beginning, to staying canon, you put a great amount of attention to detail into this. Like I said in a previous review, I can see how hard you worked.
This went from a story about teenagers with relationship drama to a story about GROWTH. Scarlett herself grew and morphed and really became a woman over time. She endured love and loss alike and became stronger because of it all. Fred grew, their relationship grew, and again, you as a writer grew. Its all been wonderful and astonishing, really. Like I said, Im truly proud of you. I hope you dont find that weird!
The ending was perfect and thoughtful and JUST cheesy enough. Like, the perfect amount of delicious, melty cheese. Some may scoff at the idea of ending a story with 'happily ever after', however, with this, it was absolutely appropriate and perfect. And you made me smile, in real life!
Ive read plenty of one shots and short stories on FF but this was the very first 'novel' I read on here. Im so happy that this was it. This story is a beautiful example of hard work and for the millionth time, Im proud of you.
I cant wait to read more from you in the future. I appreciate your support on my story immensely and I will be sure to offer you that exact support back on your stories.
Thanks for a beautiful story.
CrowningAster chapter 67 . 3/15
Yes! Yes! Yes! The Chinese food, the effort and thought he put into a proper proposal, and FINALLY them being intimate! Haha. Everything about this was perfect and so, so sweet.
CrowningAster chapter 65 . 3/15
I can tell how hard you worked on these past couple of chapters...I can only imagine you sitting up with the Deathly Hallows book studying it carefully making sure to stay true to the story. Theres a lot to cover here, but I can say that your hard work is showing in every facet-the storyline, the facts, the writing itself. Its all absolutely amazing and this story has shown so much growth.
CrowningAster chapter 63 . 3/15
I really want to say Im so happy that you wrote the conversation between Scarlett and Molly. I feel kind of stupid now haha, but I never made the connections that you pointed out-the fact that Scarlett grew up with fairytales, and she in her little girl mind, wanted one for herself so much, thats what influenced her to make the vow. You've been talking about and even quoting fairytales this whole time and I foolishly didnt even make the connection between the two. But anyway, I think that was very deep and intelligent for you to connect the two. I thought this whole time Scarlett and Freds love of fairytales and stories was just a cute side thing, but it really was an integral part of Scarlett and Freds relationship. I feel silly for taking so long to realize it, but I think youre amazing for writing it. Very well done.
CrowningAster chapter 60 . 3/14
When it comes to this chapter, my initial reaction is WOW. This is probably your most well written chapter, in terms of everything-story flow, character emotion, character interactions, story developments-really, this chapter was amazing. The storm flashback of Scarlett and Fred as kids was totally adorable and honestly made me smile. Scarlett having a breakdown in the storm at the cemetery was an extremely powerful visual. Not to be a total pervert but I got a little mentally excited because I thought Scarlett and Fred were going to get in the shower together, LOL! But in all seriousness, yeah, this chapter was amazing and amazingly well written. One of my favorites.
CrowningAster chapter 59 . 3/14
This was very, very emotional and heartbreaking. I saw all of this played out in my head like a movie again, and it was so beautiful yet so sad. You wrote Scarlett's reactions very well; Ive vomited from being upset before as well so I saw this as realistic. I can only imagine how hard it was for you to write this, but you did a really good job. And again, good job with the quotes.
The last few lines of this were absolutely fantastic, great writing!
CrowningAster chapter 57 . 3/14
This was a great chapter. You're writing Scarlett in a very good balance now, somewhere between shock, depression, and trying to get back to normal. Its how mostly everyone acts after a tragedy, and its very realistic.
As horrible as this situation was, Im hoping to see it bring Scarlett and Fred together more, and no more questioning of just LIKING each other. I know you'll write this beautifully with him supporting her in just the right way and it will make them realize their true love for one another.
CrowningAster chapter 56 . 3/13
Oh, I also wanted to mention that your Disney quotes from the last few chapters were PERFECT. Completely fitting to what was going on. You did a really good job choosing them.
CrowningAster chapter 54 . 3/13
So I thought it was a really nice addition to the story that Percy was the one who rescued Scarlett. It was like showing his truest colors-he could try his hardest to turn his nose up at his family, but in the end, he still knows what the right thing to do is.
I do have a couple of constructive bones to pick though-I totally get Scarlett was anxious to get the ball rolling after leaving the Ministry, however, its highly unlikely that after being locked up and tortured for SEVEN MONTHS she wouldnt need any medical attention beyond a plate of breakfast. Secondly, I felt like Scarlett's mother being killed was an ENORMOUS moment. Like, crazy, and intense! And we didnt get much of a reaction? Scarlett was in shock, a tear rolled down her cheek, but then all she did was whisper to her mothers dead body that she loved her and she sort of kept going about her business...that was odd to me. I know everything was absolutely chaotic but I thought Scarlett was going to have more of a "moment".
I thought it was a touching addition though that Justin died protecting Scarlett. Its incredibly sad but he had a knee-jerk reaction that ended up being completely selfless, and that was beautiful.
CrowningAster chapter 52 . 3/13
This was extremely well written. I liked Fred and George interacting while handling busy customers, and your descriptions of them bustling about with the holiday craziness was on point.
I also very much enjoyed Fred and Mollys interaction herd. This was another one of those chapters where I saw everything playing out in my head like a movie, and I really enjoy that a lot.
Freds small breakdown was exactly what I felt like the story needed. Its one thing to talk about how someone is really worried and losing sleep, but its another to show it all in a raw, emotional breakdown. The sweater was also a great idea for a catalyst for the breakdown to begin.
All in all this chapter was perfect. Very well done.
CrowningAster chapter 51 . 3/13
Oh man, Scarlett needs to just start using her fists! Time for a good old fashioned Muggle knockout.
MercurioC chapter 70 . 3/13
Bravo I must say.

Loved this story so very much that I couldn't stop reading it, I had to force myself away so I could sleep each night.

Very well written and seriously one of my favourite Fred/OC stories.

You should be very proud of this.

Keep up the good work.