Reviews for Fate of Grayskull
Powerstar chapter 25 . 4/30/2013
Bravo,
I've been reviewing he-man fics for a long time and this is one of the very best. Truly epic in its scope! The last few chapters seemed a little rushed, but the story was concluded in a satisfactory manner. Obviously, this was Anna's story and you truly developed her. She (and Pyth) had a bittersweet ending. The other Masters also had honorable send offs. Alas, nothing is forever (except maybe A/T?)
Hope this is AN end but not THE end of your Eternian journey.

Good luck! Remember we all have the Power!

P.S. What was that about a Great Uprising? And what about King Grayskull and Veena's story?
alphalover chapter 25 . 4/29/2013
Your stories show such a deep understanding of your source material that transcends one single silly tv-show that was really a commercial.

I find I have to re-read everything to get the big picture, but the lyrical quality to your storytelling as well as the broad sweeping epic nature are very much appreciated by this reader.

And I didn't think it highhanded of you to bring Adam back. You had the characters listed in your summary as He-Man/Prince Adam and Teela, and you called it Drama/Romance. I figured based on your epilogue to the previous story in this series that Adam came back on occasion and he would come back once again.
Alpha lover chapter 25 . 4/29/2013
Great end to a powerful epic. More later
Evelyn CMB chapter 23 . 4/27/2013
I will be the first to admit fault-I have become very lax about reviewing stories lately. I'm lucky to have time to read them. And somehow I had lost track of "Champion of Grayskull" and only recently re-discovered it and read the entire story. Logically I moved onto this one next, and I must say that it deserves way more praise (and reviews) than it has received. This is truly an unsung work of art. I was tipped off as to what was coming when I read a review, but I was kind of glad as I could see all the foreshadowing I may have otherwise missed. Reading it with the spoiler in mind made me appreciate your brilliant mind all the more. You have a wonderful gift for weaving the story, and an entertaining writing style.

A couple of minor housekeeping-type things:

Every now and then your tenses switch to the present, so just be mindful of that.

Sometimes the quote is a complete sentence by itself and the next sentence is missing its capitalization. Such as:

"Would someone care to fill me in on what has happened, how long have I been out?" she expected to hear at least a day with how rested she felt.

The quote is actually complete on its own-you're not adding "she said" or "questioned Anna" or anything like that, so your next part of "She expected to hear..." should actually be capitalized because it's a stand-alone sentence. Hope that makes sense. No one's ever accused me of being a teacher. :-)

Those two are minor things, and if you don't have a beta reader, don't fret over them.

My last "critical" comment: I would love to see you re-work your summary, at least for this one. Although those questions were what drove you to write the original story, and they make sense for the first story, for this one...I feel as if you have created a masterpiece that is undersold by its summary. And yes, I do know that the summary is impossibly difficult. :-) Most of us hate writing them, and most of my own could use a complete re-write! I just hate to see this gem hidden on this site!

I eagerly await the next chapter! Frantically checks site to see if she missed an update. Deep sigh of disappointment causes dog to cock head.

Oh, and I still sympathize about the characters taking residence in your head. But since they are currently in yours and not mine, and I AM anxious to read the rest of the story, I heartily encourage them to continue their fiendish activities that cause your fingers to tap out an Eternian rhythm.
Powerstar chapter 22 . 4/21/2013
Wow! What a fic! There are not too many writers of He-man, let alone the 2000 series. You've done a great job extrapolating the series both in this fic and your previous fic. The characterizations are very close to what I remembered. Great blend of action, character development, with tons of twists and turns. You aren't afraid to kill off people. So where do I start...

A/T reunited again! Hopefully, they'll get some time to get 'reacquainted' again. Poor Teela's been locked in a Castle for 1000 years alone. What will Adam's role be though? He has no kingdom and how to explain his presence?
Anna is a great character! We've seen her grow from small girl to a young women shaped by war.
Pith, another great character. Deadly, but with bit of a soft heart. Speaking of which, are Pith and Anna really viable as couple? Let's be honest there are huge differences between snakes and mammals. She the last of the line, could they have children? Besides she only 15.
Khar smart gal! Orko still the humble jester, but his magic is better. Cringer/Battlecat just a big kitty at heart.
Lyn- good but still a bit bad. She has a great relationship with Anna -her true redemption.
Skeletor- great job with his character and his redemption. He was still a bad boy- but not when it counted.

Keep em coming!
alphalover chapter 19 . 4/7/2013
I love the story. I can't wait for it to be done so I can read it together and truly glean it's scope!
JustLucky05 chapter 11 . 1/16/2013
very nice. another great chapter. keep up the great work.
EvilBunny91 chapter 11 . 1/14/2013
Still loving this! Good work!
EvilBunny91 chapter 10 . 1/10/2013
Really nice work!

If you need ideas, how about Skeletor forming a temporary alliance with Anna and the others in order to defeat Hordak?

Update soon!
EvilBunny91 chapter 9 . 1/4/2013
Wow! . !

Now this got really interesting! Will Adam/He-Man make more appearences like that?

Poor Andrea... O_o

Really nice work! Update soon!
EvilBunny91 chapter 8 . 12/21/2012
Still awesome! ;)

I like the way this is going. I like how you've managed to keep the story so interesting.

Update soon! And merry Christmas!
EvilBunny91 chapter 7 . 12/2/2012
Still awesome! ;)

Even though I've never too fond of Hordak (I'll always fan Skeletor), it's nice to see familiar faces. It's gonna get really interesting.

Nice job! Update soon!
EvilBunny91 chapter 6 . 11/18/2012
Still loving this!

Glad to see some familiar faces from the original MOTU series. Hope there will be more familiar characters, both masters and the evil warriors.
EvilBunny91 chapter 4 . 10/16/2012
Totally awesome fic so far! The beginning is very interesting and I can't wait for more! It's nice to see a young girl as main character in MOTU stories for a while.

Update soon! ;)