Reviews for Mentors
Nostalgic Beauty chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
It would have been cool if this actually happened. Hiko is one of my favorite characters!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
interesting
tenken22 chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
This isn't a favorite, it's a legendary! Really enlightening read!
tati1 chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
Quite good. Thank you.

-tati1
chibi heishi chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
Still good. And Katsura got SO LUCKY.
Randa-Chan chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
That was quite interesting. I really enjoyed reading about it. By the way, you didn't actually happen to write a fic about a confrontation between Hiko and Saito? Now that would be amusing. Spose I better go check it out. Congrats and I look forward to more from you in future. )

Love Randa*
Crazy Hyper Lady chapter 1 . 2/19/2006
Hm... *nods aprovingly* I like, very interesting! Very well written too!
Meri Kaisla chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
I forgot to review the first time, so I came back... and well, somehow this is even better now. Weird, really, but can't be helped ;)
Hitokiri-san chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
Well plotted, brilliantly depicted, and very moving!

I have also fantasized about the two men meeting, but somehow my fantasy often ends in a bloodshed...which, I should think, is not a good ending to such a dramatic encounter at all.

I like it when Hiko says that Katsura "is even more an idealistic fool than Kenshin is." I've never thought of it that way,but have to agree that it is true. Something of a paradox, no? While Katsura is definitely more down to earth and realistic than Kenshin is, he also dreams of earthly heaven...

Saitou and Hiko meeting? Well, that wouldn't be anything good, would it. Definitely involves flying katanas and blood and...gore? Geez. It might even be the end of Japan, nevermind revolutionizing it. One thing I coulod agree with though...

"The sheer arrogance level would probably knock birds out of the air with the force of it. Their conversation would be sharper than their swordblades!"

Thanks for sharing anyway, and I hope to see more from you soon.
stephanieff chapter 1 . 10/11/2005
Nice. Whoa, this was written long time ago, but still, I wanted to say it's great.
Blaizekit chapter 1 . 7/4/2005
*giggles* that's so great! i can so picture this whole scenario. and a meeting between him in saitoh would be hilarious! XD i think you've captured hiko's personality to a T with just one phrase, "It was like talking to a stone. An arrogant one at that." _
Ranuel chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
"Get off my mountain" Heh! I adore Hiko and it's always nice to find someone who can get him right.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/20/2005
why the hell hasnt anyone else thought of something like this? ur damn good.
moeru himura chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
Wow, was this fic perceptive or what? The dialogue was simply amazing. And what better way to have that kind of Hiko "wisdom" than with a talk with Katsura!

You've done a wonderful job here. Since I believe that whatever one writes reflects on how one thinks, then all I can say is that I like how you think! Keep it up and I'll be off now to read your other fics.:p
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 3/21/2005
Very well done! It was nice to see Katsura confronted by the consequences of his actions by someone as down-to-earth as Hiko. Hiko was just the man to do it too - having lived through conflicts (though Watsuki never gave specifics) and survived with a healthy disdain for politics. Both sides clearly articulated their positions, but Hiko clearly came out the victor with lines like: "You cannot succeed in your goal of a better era if its foundation is a pile of corpses."

You captured the character of Hiko exactly. Excellent work - I'm adding this to my favorites list.