Reviews for Quicksands of Ambivalence
Prozerpina chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Love feellings between tru and jack)))
planet p chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
Gorgeous and bittersweet.

Wishing you all the best with your career,
-planet p.
AmethystB chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
We should never feel shame about loving something. We can create these wonderful things because of our love of the fandom, and as you’ve said, TC has paved your way in life, and I think that’s exactly what art is made for: to inspire ourselves and others.

With that in mind, I feel wonderfully honoured to have been a little part of this. Last year I wrote a creative piece for one of my classes using the second-person narration because I was told beforehand that it was a tricky thing to do, but I find it to be so creative and it takes you out of the story but keeps you in at the same time. I don’t use it that often (I prefer third-person because I feel like I can tell a lot more of the story that way) but I’m glad that you’ve chosen to use it here because I think it applies so well!

Both Jack and Tru’s inner turmoil is beautifully represented by the narration, and the silences and what is not being said rings through the story. There is so much secrecy and hidden truths between them and it really couldn’t be any other way. There’s a sadness in that, and it translates in the story. I think that they’re so distanced by this thing between them (that, in true ironic style, also brings them together) that their relationship can never really be whole. Jack recognises that, and to some degree I think Tru understands too but she’s not really the focus here, and he knows he can’t stay when she asks him to.

A beautiful story, and bonus points for using Sylvia Plath! :)

Talk soon.
Kessi38 chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Favorite line was: "But you dare not speak the words aloud for fear that they might be true." This little tidbit was great! I really love that it was told from Jack's point of view. And I loved that he couldn't let himself stay there in the morning, that he had to leave. Very good! 3