Reviews for The Thanatos Initiative
Guest chapter 12 . 8/25/2014
Should I assume, then, that this story goes with the manga, not the anime?
Guest chapter 3 . 8/25/2014
Carrions eat meat that been dead for a while. Hence the connection to battlefields. Attacking and eating something alive is general carnivore behavior, not carrion. I'm looking forward to seeing where this story goes.
Assorted Souls chapter 25 . 7/31/2014
Oh, whoops. Ignore my first question, this chapter answered it for me. Sorry. I must seem like a total idiot. Because I am...
Assorted Souls chapter 14 . 7/30/2014
Christchurch, New Zealand? Heh heh, funny story, I was born there, and I live relatively near there now!

(BTW, this story is still absolutely amazing. ;) )
deathkaidda chapter 50 . 7/30/2014
I enjoy! 3333
Assorted Souls chapter 5 . 7/30/2014
I'm only up to chapter five of this story, but I really like it! It is very well written, and to be honest, I think you should be a sci-fi writer, the imagery and description in this piece is absolutely stunning, I'm in awe. It's far superior to anything the likes of me could pull off, certainly. ;)

Anyway, I have a quick question.

Since this story is very long, you might have already answered this, but I thought I'd ask, since I'm curious. I know that a lot of people use feminine pronouns (she,her,etc.) to refer to Grell.

But since this is set in the future, at a stage where sex changes are possible, did Grell become a full woman in terms of sex as well as gender? Or was Grell just born a woman in this story?

I'm sorry for asking, you might've been asked this a lot already, but I am rather curious.

Anyway, thank you very much for writing this beautiful work, I have immensely enjoyed it so far! :)

deathkaidda chapter 47 . 5/1/2014
excellent ! i love Ronald and Grell and William!
inactive - Serenity chapter 47 . 4/20/2014
I must say, I'm really enjoying Hannah's inclusion to this story. She lends even more conflict to it, and overall I'm excited to see how her particular segment of this story will end.
Alois is gradually becoming more and more interesting, especially with the blood and lack thereof on his part. That really affects the way he acts, and I appreciate that you're exploring that particular aspect of him to the fullest extent. The bird imagery was also extremely beautiful and very, very disturbing.
Ronald. I pity Ronald a lot in this fanfic, and I became rather choked up when Grell thought she was glad she couldn't feel anything. That was really quite powerful, and I have a feeling those feelings on Grell's part are going to make another appearance later on.
And oh dear, William has been shot...this stresses me out...
I await the next installment with all possible excitement, and my final consensus, which is the same after every chapter, can be summarized as "Good lord this should be published, sold, and animated."
inactive - Serenity chapter 45 . 3/26/2014
I cannot possibly do this story justice with my meager review.
This is brilliant work, the plot makes it the most compelling AU fic I have ever read for any fandom, bar none.
Even your chapter titles are ingenious.
I will go through this in order of the strongest feelings I have right now.
I love the cover art. It's beautiful.
Chapter 11...Chapter the last section I choked on my heart. That was the most depressing, mentally exhausting scene I have ever read.
The entire focus on Grell and everything surrounding her is brilliant. The characters are still remarkably well-written and believable, even given the scenario of the story. I can see this plausibly happening in the future of the reapers.
The lack of emotional response Grell has is something I did not expect to be included. It is a remarkable plot device, as it removes an essential part of her character and brings her to the level at which she is nothing but anger, though she is clearly trying to feel emotion and struggling when she cannot. It is the conversion of a very emotionally driven character into a sociopath with the same traits. This is the kind of plot device I love, and it is something that I believe is sorely lacking in most other fan fiction.
The emotion I felt when reading the chapters focusing on Ronald's imprisonment was through the roof. It's the perfect sic-fi horror story.
This is brilliant, and with so many components that brought me back to some of my favorite books, especially 1984 and Frankenstein.
I believe I have been searching my entire life for this story.
Thank you for creating it. I will never be able to read this without lamenting the fates of these characters at the hands of unjust fate and crying quietly to myself.
Seileach chapter 41 . 11/7/2013
OMG I totally did not see that coming. I have faith in you that we haven't come this far with Ronald only to have him killed just like that, but it still took the wind out of me. You are one of the best writers I've ever read.
maddysutcliff chapter 40 . 10/31/2013
I can't even begin to say how good this chapter was. Alois made the ending perfect.
BloodiedReaper chapter 40 . 10/28/2013
Oh my gosh! I got chills from that ending like wow. You really know how to write a perfect chapter ending! I cant wait for the next chapter :)
BeaLovesOscarinobello chapter 39 . 10/15/2013
I really loved this chapter - lot of things moving on, even if it opens in such a dramatic way.
And the quotes! How can't they be loved?
And, finally, an ending where Will open himself up to Grell's mind and artificial body too, even if for only a kiss. I think that times were grown for such an "impredictable" act, and I really hope they'll not suffer a second, eternal separation. I wouldn't bare it, such as Will wouldn't.
maddysutcliff chapter 38 . 8/28/2013
It's unhealthy for me to be so obsessed with this story, but I don't mind. I'm in the TTI fandom now. Can we get t-shirts? That'd be nice, considering I've cried buckets of tears over a fanfiction. Fabulous job, darling.
Li the Twilight Knight chapter 37 . 6/28/2013
No, no, no no no nonononono we just got Grell back he can't... Eric... -sob- They can fix him, right? They fixed Grell, they have to be able to save him. Jesus...

...I wasn't expecting to get so emotionally involved in this. X'''D Brilliant job, even if it hurts.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »