Reviews for As We Were
I'm giving you ONE chance to either take this down completely or put the entire story back up. By telling somebody they must pay to read your FANFICTION story, you will be banned from this site completely. Your choice, you have 24 hours to do one of those things or trust me when I say you will be removed from this site completely.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
I'm having trouble accessing this for free. How do I do this?
fiestyfirefly chapter 2 . 11/15/2013
Where can I rad this? Kindle worlds won't let me purchase it in my county
Guest chapter 49 . 7/27/2013
Thanks for telling. In my country I can't download that so I read the story (again) in 5 hours... I've never been this proud of myself
mykes chapter 46 . 5/27/2013
Honest thoughts:

I liked the angst, the trio (Hannah, Aria, Spencer) here-hilarious haha, Spencer's mystery job, Aimee, some of the musings were funny and also zombo.

Other things were that it was very cheesy, the entire "meant to be" thing bothered me especially when they haven't even talked but everyone was just talking about marriage and grandkids with such certainty... Like, I understand it, but it still bothered me. Also, I feel like there's a lot of author insert in the characterisations. But there's still some recognisable qualities in the characters which redeemed it (Paige afraid to hurt Emily makes so much sense). Otherwise, the characterisations were not the best I've seen.

More good qualities was the narrative. I liked the build up, the tension. How you wrote it. How everything came together. The excitement. Also love your enthusiasm for this fic because it definitely transcends.

Anyway, that's it! Enjoyed this story and thank you for writing. :)
StrangeAttractors chapter 35 . 5/5/2013
omg, the way Paige and Emily keep missing each other by like minutes is maddening! if they don't get together soon i'm going to rage-out and flip my laptop. which will suck b/c i really like this story and I won't be able to read it with a broken computer.

you're killing me Smalls.
Jess chapter 47 . 3/10/2013
Wow! just wow..that's why i'm forever PAILY!..blessed the author!
Everybutnone chapter 47 . 3/4/2013
It's close to midnight in my country. I have been reading these fic all afternoon and I can not say that I regret it. Love the voice of the characters, love the idea of the fic (even if I still hate broken up Paily), love the end result... I made me laugh like no other so thank you 3
Shayle-uk chapter 47 . 1/12/2013
WOW just amazing loved it!
Cony.xD chapter 47 . 1/9/2013
The best fic I ever read!... thank you... thank you so much!
cici chapter 47 . 12/27/2012
A sweet ending before the year ends. It was so fitting that the title of this paily fic coincides with paige's statement that says: "we weren't exaclty (As We Were)" that was a clever mean to give the readers an idea what went through paily in this fic. And I freaking love your writing. Its as easy flowing as the waves of the sea and yet so in depth with wisdom as the ocean.

I would really like yo have a copy of As We Were in all formats you've that okay? You can send it at

Thank you for sharing with us this journey of Paige and Emily. Kudos to you, paily anchor :)
glorymania chapter 47 . 12/28/2012
This was a really nice catharsis, Chen. I really enjoyed the scene at the pool from the previous chapter. The slap was really unexpected. Like...holy monkey, I was totally unprepared for that to happen. And coming from Emily? It was...a bit out of Emily's character for me, but I understood why that took place. I don't know whether to deem it necessary or not...but I guess it meant something for you to add that to the story. Thank you for writing this happy ending. I'm glad that Paige didn't leave Paris for good. I somehow felt while reading this story that "when in doubt, Paris would always be the answer." ;) Thank you for this fanfic! I do hope that you plan to write another Paily fanfic. I would definitely read it. Have a good day!
Paily lover chapter 47 . 12/24/2012
Sweet baby Jesus! This this this I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am (: and best endgame ending ever, you are one amazing writer, thanks so much for this story. -J
TheShawmeister chapter 47 . 12/24/2012
And just as my Christmas couldnā€˜t get any worst. This has all sorts of bitter and sweet feels to it. Thank you for bringing us As We Were to fanfic. It was such an awesome journey
thehazardsof-love chapter 47 . 12/26/2012
"We're not exactly as we were."

This story is perfect.