Reviews for Human Refuse
Galvantula866 chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
If I have to wager a guess as to what Cold Case is about, it would be a crime drama, correct? Crime shows aren't my forte, but I'm going to give this story my best shot at a good detailed review.

I'm not going to lie here, whoever murdered a boy and threw the corpse into a dumpster was or is a pile of crap. I'm sensing sadness from whoever found the body, as a human life should mean more to us all than the garbage we make. Sadly, that's not always the case these days or any time in history.

This is a somber poem, as its subject matter requires it to be. Making this hit closer to home is the fact that the real case this episode (and thus the poem you wrote) may never be solved and that's a upsetting thought. Maybe someday we'll get past the point of murdering ourselves to make a point, but I doubt that very much.

SPaG is in good order and overall this is a heartbreaking story of a boy whose time was cut far too short.
Edhla chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
I've seen the episode you're referencing, and know the real-life case it was inspired by, and this is a beautiful piece. Your imagery is spot on, from the alliteration of "toys of tin" to "soaked papers" and "when he was in a race."

The blank verse works really well here and you have a good sense of rhythm and flow. I often find blank verse to be too choppy and haphazard, but you clearly know exactly what you're doing here.

Oh, lovely. Beautiful work.
Madam'zelleGiry chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
Haven't seen any Cold Case episodes, but I think that I can certainly guess what this particular episode was about balooking at the title. *shivers*

Very vivid imagery conjured up here. You carry a very sad theme throughout the entire piece, but it's not so tragic that it takes away. An excellent balance. My only complaint is that I wanted it to go on. Just to get a better idea of the situation, but maybe it's better left this way. A cold, sad piece with an abrupt ending, just like the end to the boy it refers to. Yes, very sad indeed.

An excellent piece, my dear. Very well done.

Cheers!
Legendary Biologist chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
I've never known about Cold Case but this poetic fic is awesome! I can get to see how it looks like and the rhyme is so cool. I think this poem is talking about a boy who was getting beaten and got ignored, and I feel sympathetic when reading it. Keep up the good job! :)
Deity-of-Words chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
I’ve never actually seen Cold Case or been all that interested in it but I think you have done a wonderful job with this poetic fiction. The description is excellent and paints a good picture of what had happened, each line rhymed and flowed wonderfully, not to mention that your spelling and grammar is brilliant; all of that combined made reading this extremely enjoyable.

Overall you have done an incredibly job!

I’ll definitely check out some of you other works.
IrishPanther chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
I've never been interested in Cold Case, but it seems that I don't need to know the fandom real well to understand this lovely poetic fic that you've written! You do an excellent job on description and with each line flowing thoroughly, it makes this poem stand out! No grammar mistakes spotted, so excellent work on proofeading! Once again, I truly loved reading this poetic fic! :)
darkin520 chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Okay, I haven't seen the episode The Boy in the Box. However, I did see a movie about a boy who was murdered and placed in a box. I wonder if they were similar? Or maybe the same case by chance? No matter...either way, I got a good sense of what had happened. I love how you point out that the boy was thrown away like trash, along with his toys...all once loved. I love your use of description and extra kudos on the fact the whole thing rhymed. Awesome job. I really loved this!

PS: I had a conundrum; which story to read. I do have a busy day ahead, but I am hoping to review both Ricochet and Mismatch by tomorrow. :)