Reviews for Adventures of the Dovahkiin: A Good Death
AedricDaedra chapter 1 . 7/29/2015
This was a very nice portrayal of the Old Orc encounter. Honorable, but not overly virtuous, while the Dragonborn was similar but with more pragmatism. Both honed to the core from their many years of experience, tempering the emotions often displayed by those younger of their races. Naturally, I don't agree with the Orc wanting to please Malacath with his own death in battle, but all the same hopefully he achieved happiness in the end.
ManwithaPlan113 chapter 1 . 7/15/2015
I had that encounter too! It's a weird one in my opinion...
DragonsDeadAndDancing chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
This is one of the best fighting scenes I've ever read!
Blue Flaming Wings chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
I've been a silent reader for a while now, mainly following your Fallout fanfiction. But as a fan of Skyrim as well, I've been on the lookout for a good Skyrim series with no luck - until now. If my two cents are worth anything please continue, you've got a good tone and atmosphere here, I would love to see the rest of Skyrim like this.

A Fan,

BlueFlamingWings
Konrad Kurze chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
If you do continue it I'd recommend either having the Dragonborn do some stuff involving the Orcs, perhaps the Blood Dragon of Anthor could be raiding an Orc stronghold?
someone chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
Continue? Yes but another story line
Redentor chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
I found that Orc in the game. Took me Poison, some Kiting and a good deal of jumping into rivers to take him down. This was pretty epic for a oneshot.
fraenrico chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Very good, I like it. The characters are very very cool. The only flaw I see (and this is personal) is when the thu'um is explained: I think that gives too much obvious information. The two lines: "magic" "no: older" tell everything you need to know about the shouts!
I really enjoyed it!
noobelite115 chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
i whole heartedly aprove of this story, i have read all your fallout fanfics and believe you to be a great author and encourage you to continue both fallout and skyrim fanfics. and i thank you for all the fic you have written.
Vickmackey007 chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
I love it! Your the perfect author for a dark Skyrim tale of the dragonborn! Even if you don't right now put it on the back burner when you finish the others. Eagerly awaiting your next chapters of each as well!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
what do you mean take less time on fallout, cant belive thats possibal im afraid
Andrew.was.here chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
It's a good short story. The fight scenes and seeing the dragonborn's abilities from the orc's pov was nicely detailed.

I've played a lil of Skyrim, but more a Fallout fan, so no for my vote on a long story that would interrupt your FO fics.
Geraldford chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Sorry got cut off anyways they are trying to get back with the key to th thalmors encryptions so they can get an upper hand in the war and this part is about them fighting thalmor left and right all across skyrim to the solitude docks and how the dragonborns lover is captured at the end as they set sail he sees her captured and vows to get her back. The final book is about how he kicksass and comes back witha few legions and destroys the Thalmor cutting a swath of death through skyrim to rescue her ending with her dying in childbirth once he saves her and the thalmor are defeated just an idea erase the comments if you want to use them just give me a little credit I have an account under the same name I'm too lazy to sign in
Geraldford chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Have te dragon born save him with the potions and the Orc wake up ask why and the dragonborn says it was not an honorable death since he used magic to distract. Now for the plot have the dragon born be the badass he is and do something different have te dragon souls give him strength and knowledge and power of the dragons he's killed. Show the solitary side of the dragon born and then fast forward 2 years where the two have done all the quests in skyrim he is the head of the brotherhood and thieves guild and blades and companions but he didn't kill parthuunax instead he faked his death by telling him to fly far and he took one of his scales as proof. So basically know your dragon born is a badass but is solitary he has a 100 in almost all skills him and the Orc are still companions but now the dragon born is way stronger then him he is really good at stealth kills he helped the storm cloaks but doesn't like ulfric and only did it for the threat the Thalmor are he puts skyrim above all so there is one small fort of a imperial garrison in the reach that ulfric sends the dragon born to ask to surrender. He does but him and ulfric fight over racism in skyrim and the dragon born goes to the fort. He finds that the imperial troops are protecting a small town of refugees who refuse to leave. The legate of the fort is an imperial woman with blonde hair and blue eyes who is strong an does not like the dragon born at first so the dragon born stays a few days but on the third day the walls are attacked by thalmor who are invading to use skyrim as a staging point to invade the empire so they are trying to take the fort specs use of its location to the border of skyrim but the dragon born and the imperials hold them off to give the empire and skyrim time using all his tricks and skills to save the fort he holds them off but the Thalmor get angry thinking it should have been taken already and so keep sending troops. The dragon born knows this is only stalling so he gets the refugees out and his friend gets killed at the end and him and the legate are taken prisoner. That's book one the next part is about how he escapes with the legate and their love and how they find the rest of skyrim is taken already so the dragon born calls in everyone the companions the dark brotherhood and the thieves guild even the snow elf from dawn guard to fight as a resistance force and they find a group of imperial legion soldiers and refugees who are trying to desperately get back to the empire with refugees and an even more important package of the key to the thalmors
Aletheya chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
This was beautiful. As much as I loved it though, I don't think you should continue. It works perfect as a one-shot and doesn't need anything else. After all, this is the story of the Old Orc's death. Now that he's dead, what more could you say? Leave it be.

Anyway, good work!