Reviews for Forever and No Time at All
Heather Snow chapter 28 . 1/16
I really enjoyed most of this story. I liked Alice. I thought you wrote the Doctor's voice well. I found myself wishing for more chapters sharing adventures and moments. The last few chapters winding down didn't quite work for me; for one, I'd have preferred she just died rather than the whole splitting bit. But, overall a good story.
Heather Snow chapter 18 . 1/16
I usually don't like unusual writing approaches, but it really worked for me this time. You wrote it in a way that it built suspense, constantly wondering what had brought them to this place. And then to end with Alice questioning whether they know enough about the place to visit... It was well done.
Heather Snow chapter 11 . 1/16
The first half of this chapter was hysterical. I especially liked the Doctor's Reason C and Alice's implication that he always has the side effects he listed.
Guest chapter 28 . 8/5/2015
This was well done and worth the read.
Mein Benutzername chapter 28 . 7/14/2015
Wow! I really enjoyed this story. :D
To be honest, it went in some directions I wasn't expecting! I try to make a habit of not looking for any kind of forewarning about pairings, and I've forgotten to check. So it was very exciting to see the relationship develop! It was like I was solving a mystery. "Well, it kinda looks like...? But no, there's no way. But maybe...?" And then they did end up together, and it was really cute, and I think very realistically done! Thank you! (I especially enjoyed the struggles Alice had with the Doctor in the beginning, the constant comparisons to Rose and Martha.)

I also enjoyed the chapter format. My writing partner Humble has a certain fondness for the same kid of small "In which _ happens..." sneak peek at the beginning of a chapter, and I enjoyed the little tidbits. :) The snapshots of their life and adventures, as opposed to a strictly linear story format, was a cool experience. :) It made what could have been something ridiculously long manageable, but still able to fit all the important parts.

All in all, I just loved the whole thing. The formatting, and your writing style, and the hole big adventure... And especially the end! I am so in love with the ending. Because rarely does the Doctor have very happy endings, and your ending reflected that... But did end up alright in a way. It was a very Doctor Who ending, kind of like Donna and Rose. Like all of his companions, really. Gosh, I loved it!

Thanks for such an engaging story! This is definitely one of my all-time favorites. :)

Sincerely yours,

Mein Benutzername.
Through Jaded Eyes chapter 28 . 10/22/2014
This has got to be the most heart wrenchingly beautiful thing I've ever read in my life. I still don't know how you managed to summarise over 50 years between them and just how deep their love went in so short a story. I'm telling you, without a doubt, you have done something truly magical with this story and I was enraptured from beginning to end. Whenever I hear the word bittersweet, I will think of this story. Thank you so, so very much.
CellophaneCatastrophy chapter 28 . 8/30/2014
Every now and then, I come back and reread this story, and every time, I feel sad for Alice and the Doctor. Yet, I don't think I'd change anything about it at all. I love these two characters, and Alice is so awesome. Thank you so much for this wonderful story :)
avalonchick5 chapter 28 . 6/28/2014
Possibly THE best Doctor Who story I've ever read - Alice is a wonderful, wonderful character with so much spirit and so much heart - I'd almost say she ought to be canon - your Ten is bloody brilliant and the interspersing of Nine and Eleven is so fitting and so natural - I really do love this story and I love your writing style as well, it's an absolute pleasure to read

In admiration,

Avalon
Nia River chapter 28 . 2/27/2014
I don't know why this doesn't have more reviews, because it's lovely!

I have a weakness for OC stories. /Good/ OC stories, that is to say. And this is definitely one. Admittedly, original characters have a bad rep, and people tend to shout Mary-Sue. But I feel you avoided that pitfall. Alice became real to me. She was fleshed out so subtly I didn't even notice it happening. She was likeable without being perfect. Ordinary without being boring. She was insightful regarding the Doctor, and such a good match for him.

The ending ... well, I may have got a bit teary there. Part of me wishes things had ended differently, but a larger part thinks it couldn't have ended more perfectly than you wrote it, and wouldn't change a thing. Which is an achievement because I normally don't like stories without a clear happy ending. So well done there. (Though, just between you and me, a little corner of my mind will imagine that Alice one day took a physical form once more and they /did/ get the happily ever after.)

(Just one niggling thing: the character in the story info. 10, 11 and 12 Doctors? Shouldn't it be 9, 10 and 11?)
Goddess of Random chapter 28 . 11/29/2013
I love this so much and I'm crying. I just can't. I have lost the ability to can. *dead*
Siarh chapter 11 . 10/8/2013
i liked the difference of this chapter. I liked the action. You handled it quiet well!

I like alice!
Siarh chapter 10 . 10/8/2013
another awesome chapter. Can see why you love Alice so!
Siarh chapter 9 . 10/7/2013
Go Alice! good girl! Awesome!

I like Alice!

And im super glad D kept you in line on this one! she is the best.
Siarh chapter 8 . 10/7/2013
LMAO. Oh The Doctor is so very special! I loved this chapter.
Siarh chapter 7 . 10/7/2013
i love that you are touching on so many of the little things in the world of the doctor. this is no different!