Reviews for Sweet Dreams Are Made Of These
silvereyedbitch chapter 1 . 10/2/2013
I've been trying to work back through stories I've read a while back and never had the time to review, so here I am. And what a lovely and in-depth view of Karril you have portrayed here. His insights given to the situation between Damien and Tarrant are spot on. The novels lead you to feel an almost sexual attraction and tension between them, with neither ever admitting to anything outright. And would they have ever? Who knows? I have to say you have written an absolutely fantabulous line in here: "There was no way to insure your emotions were more obvious to the Hunter than to fear them..." OMG. That is one of the more perfect depictions of Tarrant's style if ever there was one. You have really exhibited some brilliant insight into these two characters through use of Karril and his unique perspective on human interactions. Who better to judge than one who is completely unbiased in opinion as to pleasure? Thank you so much for this creative depiction of the evolving relationship between two of my most favorite characters in fantasy literature!
hobgoblin chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
Hi, Herdcat! Just wanted to tell you that it was my stupid self who wrote the first review and forgot to type her nickname... Usually it's not my style to review anonymously, and so I wanted to fix that error... ;-)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Thanks for your first Coldfire fanfic, Herdcat! Our numbers are slowly increasing again, thank God. I definitely agree with you on the assumption that Tarrant didn't just suddenly 'snap' when he murdered his family, but that the seeds for the darkness had been sown long ago. As long as he was riding high on a wave of success he apparently managed to suppress his darker impulses (maybe finding an outlet in Gannon's war campaigns), but when his life came crashing down all around him the pressure must have become too much. Whatever his family did to Gerald, not to mention living under the constant threat of being put to the torch for being an adept, must certainly have inspired a somewhat understandable determination never to be weak again, at whatever cost.
Poor Karril, trampled by unhorses, set on coldfire and all... Lol! Don't want to be nitpicking, but the God of Pleasure is a 'Iezu'. Sorry for being a know-it-all ;-); the slight spelling mistake certainly didn't diminish my pleasure at reading your fic, and I hope you write another Coldfire Trilogy story soon. I hoped for 100 stories by the end of the year, and now we've already got a hundred and seven in October!