Reviews for Beneath a Shattered Sky
Leeloo87 chapter 69 . 5/31
I have to say that you are an amazing writer! Your imagination, your style of writing and the way you make your characters come alive are exquisite!
I loved "Reflections Through the Glass" and "Beneath a Shattered Sky".
Of course, I adore "Hyde's Long Way Home".
The "Vuk" and "Vojin" were a bit of a poke-in-the-eye for me (really?Serbian names for killer wolves?), but the overall story is great.
And you implement smut in all that beautifully.
Love your work!
107derwent chapter 29 . 3/9
Yay! Finally a hint of explanation about the curse! Althought it's still vey blurry! I wish the Wolf had had the chance to tell Donna more stuff, but anyway, i know it will all be revealed later. And i also love that here we got a connection to the story's title!
107derwent chapter 28 . 3/6
What a chapter! I loved Hyde's magical flashback, although i felt so sad for him. Poor kid, damn it! Almost cried, also when Hyde found out Jackie was blind. Omg, she's getting worse and this one might be the worst of all :( anyway, i wonder who was the one being enchanted by Carly Simon's song if all the gang was together and away from the stones.
gotye chapter 69 . 2/21
I've enjoyed all of your completed stories but I confess I skipped reflections they the glass cuz I have never hear of the 10th kingdom and when I read the first chapter had trolls and wolves i thought...nope I'm out but after I read everything you've written and noticed beneath a shattered sky was a companion piece to it, I stuck with it and loved it...then I read this and I have to tell you very few stories have made me cry or get overly emotional but this is amazing. Youa are extremely talented and I hope you never stop writing to jacki e and steven...season 8 sucked and they should have ended up together! Thank you for sharing all your stories.
Guest chapter 69 . 12/14/2017
I officially love every single one of your stories
sandalaris22 chapter 69 . 8/14/2017
This was amazing. Another one for the reread at some point. I forgot he lost the eye ring, which is kind of sad. He seems to lose a lot in the Kingdoms. But he gains a lot too. And having Jackie's ring be a copy of it, her first engagment ring, was amazing. :)
sandalaris22 chapter 68 . 8/14/2017
I meant to say this earlier, but the nine kingdoms are not good for Hyde's sunglasses.
Red finally told Eric he was proud of him, Donna didn't give up on Eric, and Kelso should just move Brooke and Betsy to the 4th Kingdom. Ok, so that's a little presumptuous to think Brooke would want to, but I lie the idea of Kelso living in 9 kingdoms. He seems to have found himself there.
I love how Jackie was so accepting of her and Hyde not having kids, even thought it turned out it was because he was afraid. I'm glad he got past that fear too, but as someone who doesn't want kids it can be tough having those around you not accept that.
sandalaris22 chapter 65 . 8/14/2017
Red needs to take off that damn bracelet. Pretty sure it's spelled to make him feel like being there is a dream.
sandalaris22 chapter 63 . 8/14/2017
Kelso waking up to "You idiot!" makes me smile.
The casual touches and nudity amongst the group is actually a wonderful bit of signs of their closeness. I'm a sucker for Found Families who's closeness allows for a break down of societal norms between them.
I'm so glad Red's there! And I hope I don't regret that because he says something at the wrong point and/or in the wrong way. But this is his heritage, he should know. Plus, it'd be nice of him to see what all those dumbass kids in his basement have done.
I wonder if Eric is really being affected by the ring, or if this is all part of his plan. He did tell Donna to keep her faith in him because he was going to have to do things.
sandalaris22 chapter 61 . 8/14/2017
Stealing their ability to touch each other really is horrible. They were always tactile, from what I saw. Even when the focus wasn't on them there was all these little touches and kisses and just little connections between them going on.
Making him not be able to help? That's cruel of the curse no matter who it is he can't protect. He seems to always be the protector in the group, and that's got to hurt him not being able to.
sandalaris22 chapter 60 . 8/14/2017
Edna is horrible. I don't even remember her that well, but if she's half as bad as she is in this, she's horrible and abusive and Eric probably saved Hyde's life just by being around him and keeping him from diving off the deep end.
I've kind of wondered about Hyde's apparent crush on Donna. I didn't really remember it at all until I saw it mentioned a while back about him kissing her. I remember a kiss, but I don't remember the context or anything. But I also remember Hyde saying he's "never felt that way about a girl before" and it makes me wonder where Donna fit into that. Was the crush real? Was it just not very strong? Was it just him getting mixed up because of a combination of friendship and attraction? Or was it because he never fell in love with her?
sandalaris22 chapter 59 . 8/14/2017
I wondered if the warmth Hyde felt was a sign of her touch hurting him. And I also wondered if at some point one of the flashback things were going to end in violence/an actual hit. So I was kind of half-right on that one.
I love the various shades of gray you've woven into the Kingdoms and the policies. It makes for a complex bit of story telling and leaves me curious as to how it all get solved.
sandalaris22 chapter 58 . 8/14/2017
Out of curiosity, when did Jackie start calling Hyde 'Steven'?
sandalaris22 chapter 54 . 8/13/2017
I...don't hate that idea. Donna would make an excellent ruler, and Eric would be good politically in different ways. Of course, that'd mean living in the 2nd Kingdom instead of Point Place...
sandalaris22 chapter 53 . 8/13/2017
I don't like Penny, but things aren't always so black and white. I don't think she killed Gretel, but nor do I think her motives are as pure as she claims. Although maybe it's all drive by a true desire to do right by her people.