Reviews for Appearances
A chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Tears of hope
If all of us could always have something work out for us in the end
Thanks
Elegancexx chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
I love this. I love it when you take characters who we as readers don't know or completely understand, give them flesh and heart, and make them make sense. You did it with your OC's, you did it with every character in the DAYDverse, and you did it fabulously. Seeing characters fleshed out like JKR never did is really a powerful thing. I am quite taken with both Narcissa and Astoria due to this little number here.

Also, your writing never ceases to amaze. The last line, "...and that her tears, perhaps alone in the blood red morning, were tears of hope," is beautiful. Excellent, really.

This work may be one of my favorites yet. (Like all of them. Oops). Mostly though, this is because I personally associate with a cross between Ravenclaw and Slytherin. I'm probably the biggest Slytherin supporter of DAYD fans, though people are free to debate with me.

We who identify with Slytherin aren't evil. We just value the individual more than most people, often to the point of being egotistical and self-interested as many are decieved to believe, but more than that we have a lot of self pride and a sense of personal wealth much beyond material goods. It's great to see other members of the Slytherin House behaving admirably, as it is often hard to find and we get a bad rap from JKR writing in Harry's viewpoint. So, seeing others besides Renny behaving decently makes me feel all kinds of glee.

Thank you so much. Also, I can't wait to see more of your works on members of Slytherin House in the future, if you choose to do so, as well as hear a bit more about your understanding of the House as a whole.

Again, great piece of work here.

-Elle
SWaddict1986 chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
"There was no mistaking their cluster of survivors for anything but a tableau of defeat."

:( Oh I feel so bad for them.

"Damned his mother if she could condemn her for risking everything to save her son while she and his father hid who even knew where with the Dark Lord?! "

My thought too, at first.

But Narcissa is more understanding than many give her credit for.

""and there was a great deal I did not say. The wife of a great wizard is hated, she is spat on, she is always suspect, she is lonely beyond words, and she must be exceptionally strong willed and assured of what she wants and how much she wants it.""

Well...

But that was a moving ending.
Arnel 63 chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
I want to read more stories like this one. Hardly anyone bothers to write about the losing side and you've captured Astoria's mood and Narcissa's authority in the face of adversity quite well. What I really like is the fact that Narcissa has taken over the leadership of the Malfoy family and isn't afraid to publicly take her husband's place. I'm glad Astoria believes in Draco enough to go looking for him, even if it meant that she had to swallow her pride and enter the grounds with the DA. I think that's what showed Narcissa that Astoria was worthy of becoming a Malfoy.

Well done.
Technomad chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Even evil people love their children. And I could really feel for both women in this one.