Reviews for God Slaying Blade Works
GoldenFireFox chapter 41 . 19h
What are the chances of Campione Illya?
PLEASE READ ME chapter 43 . 7/7
Shiro should he fully integrate his others could he get a hi er lv of understanding like a1000 year old buidest monk that stargate lv acendence should he try to picture it while playing this bit of music: sonic the hedgehog endless possibilities
Cant Catch This chapter 43 . 7/9
I'm calling it! Shirou will use cupids bow to force him out of illya! How do you beat hate? love ofcourse
I'm looking forward to Shirou revealing where he came from to everyone (or at least those he is close to) along with the differences of his universe to theirs (i.e. the Age of the Gods is over, the Holy Grail War, the Servants & their identities {Artoria, EMIYA, & Medusa}, the typical Magus, and how they got to the Campione! universe) and his explanation about why he did things the way he did as well as the resulting aftermath of this revelation.
Edale chapter 6 . 7/8
Just reading your author's notes at the beginning of this chapter, and saw you say that since nothing of earthly origin can affect Type Mercury, not even Ea could scratch it.

Ea is NOT of earthly origin, which is why Shiro is unable to trace it.

Ea was forged from a meteorite, true it was forged on earth (by a God IIRC), but the base material was not from earth at all.

Further, the Types are personifications of worlds, and Ea is a world-killing Noble Phantasm... So yea, Ea wins.
Aaron21hardin chapter 8 . 7/7
I think most Campione would have A rank luck at minimum, as luck in Nasuverse is the ability to defy fate, which is the defining characteristic of all Campione besides Shirou, as he is a unique case.
RedEyesInferno chapter 16 . 7/7
I absolutely loved this chapter! I love how you brought the greatness that was the feast of kings into Campione. It was, in my opinion, perfectly integrated into the story. And it makes so much sense given the fact that Campione are Devil Kings. Great job.
victor janus chapter 43 . 7/4
Welp pretty good all around. That said I have some parts that struck me as out of place.
I'm suprised they didn't leave someone to man the guide in order to direct the battle, but i guess if the bad guys were obvious enough up to date intel is less necessary.
The Lancelot part seemed a little off because there wasn't really a sense of urgency to the scene which made her come off as detached compared to the previous scene which was properly horrifying.
As for the Shirou Illya fight I understand why you want to do it this way but there is no conceivable way Shirou did not recognize all the evils of the world. Just the trailing aura would have had him having flash backs, and him not telling after reading the swords? That's frankly ludicrous. This is the kid who regularly has nightmares about this very presence since he was a kid, this is the magic user who has had a preternatural talent for sniffing out evil magic ever since that day, and this is the god slayer who up to this point has instantly named every god he has came across the instant he's seen their weapon. There is exactly zero chance he hasn't noticed it. Being distracted even makes it worse since he should recognize it on a instinctual level.
Still besides those three points it's been a great chapter. In particular i liked the horror scene. It did it's job well.
Ttran2323 chapter 43 . 7/1
Beautiful story. Literally just found it and spent like the last 3 days binge-reading the entire thing start to finish.

I love where you decided to take Shirou's character. I love the interactions between the different characters. I never read Campione but I'm loving the plot which I know would be different. I especially love the little ways that the Campiones interact with one another, was like 2 days ago for me but that Feast scene was great. Just seeing all these little things coming together and now we have the ending of this chapter.

Like, I know Shirou will win eventually but damn is it gonna hurt. Back when Ahriman was first written I thought, "who the fuck is that?" Looked him up, got incredibly confused for a second, realized oh wait that's Angra, had a double take remembering the beginning of the story. Like I said, loving the plot.

Seriously looking forward to the next chapter.

P.S. Found great amusement in the omakes where Shirou got the genderbended gods harem authority. Seeing Angra acting like that was hilarious. Also the Fourth War Alt!Servants omakes were great. Wouldn't mind seeing more of those.

P.P.S. Regarding the interludes, I find myself imagining the war going with no Saber when suddenly Shirou shows up and spontaneously summons Arturia though I get a feeling Rin's gonna summon her using her Grave we see in the last ep of UBW. Looking forward to that interlude since Saber's nature as a heroic spirit is vastly different from the norm and combined with what happened to her in HF's? Yeah, if she comes back restored she might be shell shocked upon her summoning which would be interesting.
Greatazuredragon chapter 43 . 6/28
Very good work, keep it up.
jordanlink7856 chapter 39 . 6/27
Isn't Shirou largely the better at structural analysis than Illya? Despite his affinity for weapons, he has it on passively almost all the time, and considering how much he's used it, wouldn't that just make him objectively better at the mystery?
ptl chapter 29 . 6/27
Now that I think about it, can’t Shirou trace Zelretch’s Jeweled Sword and with help of Illya and some other, if possible, competent and dependable investigator to try how the heck that thing works and use the Kaleidoscope to return home or, with what happens with all those things, create a permanent connection that, due to the Nasuverse and Campioneverse rules contradicting each other, could be permanent or some other type of shenanigan.
Anonymuse chapter 43 . 6/26
Mistake: In the last chapter, Circe mentioned Odysseus no longer counted as a Hero and was no longer vulnerable to having his Authorities stolen, which was one reason she had not already run away.
In this chapter, she mentions he is still a Hero whose Authorities she can steal and outlines the same plan she had dismissed before.
I believe you can see the problem.
Ivan Tridelan chapter 43 . 6/25
I don't like your scene with possessed Ilya and Shirou mainly because even though you have him conclude that it's possible she's being controlled, you then go right back and have him act like she's in her own mind, asking why she's doing this and such. The contradiction bothers me. Furthermore, while I admit that my memory of the ending of Heaven's Feel route is almost non-existent, at least in the other routes he encounters the pure evil of Angra Mainyu, so he should be capable of realizing something like "this could be the work of this world's version of him" especially with the blades of pure sin you have him see.

All in all, there should be more focus on him trying to figure out how to free her from control (you briefly touch on this with the Rule Breaker explanation) and not such confusion as to why she's trying to kill him when he's already concluded the mind in control likely isn't Ilya's.
meh chapter 23 . 6/25
exposition, riddles and scenes that NO ONE CARES ABOUT. ive been trying my hardest not to skip entire chapters and it hasnt been working. how much longer is this shit going to drag on? its far less entertaining than you think. fight for a paragraph or two, then see what literally EVERYONES toughts are on the situation for the rest of the chapter.
6,345 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »